News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

"Colleges Attempt To Impose "No Parties, No Trips" COVID-19 Rules For Fall" ... something for the would-be revolutionaries to protest

"Mississippi School Reopens Only To Send 100 Students Home When Teacher Appears Sick" ... home school, just saying

"WaPo Columnist Shreds NBC For Spouting CCP Propaganda On Wuhan Lab" ... normally CNN is the China News Network

"Global Lockdowns Set To Plunge 100 Million Into Extreme Poverty" ... hope Emperor Xi is happy now

"Sweden's Success Is Kryptonite For Lockdown And Mask Advocates" ... hindsight is 20-20

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Math is hard.

Also, what's with this idea that anything less than decimation is just acceptable losses?  *looks at gun debate*  Not now.  *pushes it aside*

Imagine your town puts up a new bridge and 3-to-4% of the cars going over it fall right off into an abyss.  You float the idea of putting in guard rails only to have it rejected on the grounds that it infringes too much on people's freedoms.  Freedom to do what?

Hydra009

Florida Man Sheriff:  "This is no longer a debate"

Finally, someone telling it how it is.  Look, there are proven methods of fighting this virus used all over the world, often with great success.  There's simply no legitimate debate on this issue.  The time of kowtowing to scientifically illiterate assholes is over.

QuoteA Florida sheriff has banned his employees and anyone visiting his offices from wearing a mask during the pandemic
Oh FFS...

QuoteWoods said for as many health professionals who would vouch for wearing a mask, he "can find the exact same amount of professionals that say why we shouldn’t."
Remember when these plaguerats used to say the same thing about climate change and evolution?

Baruch

The average person, including the average Dem, is scientifically illiterate also.  Please look in mirror [=p

I am fine with the marginal benefit of ordinary medical masks.  It may help people around me, for which I am good to go.  A fine Japanese tradition.

Dr Fauci not so much.  He is a personal friend of Hillary.

"Peak Idiocy: Wisconsin Government Agency Mandates Facemask Use For Virtual Zoom Meetings" ... somebody explain the science?

"Indian Government To Launch Mandatory Digital Health Card On Bill Gates Concept" ... China's big brother
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

The situation as of 8/11 just before midnight:

I'm sweating in NC, and not just because of the heat.  That red swath is menacing.

Idaho has been pretty high, their 7-day moving average for cases/day has been in the high 400s to low 500s for about a month, which doesn't sound that much but they have less than 2 million people in that state.  So that's a high case/pop ratio.

SGOS

I wonder what they are they doing in Maine and Vermont to be so close to containment?

SGOS

Vermont:

Gov. Phil Scott, a Republican, attributed the state’s success thus far to swiftly declaring an emergency at the outset and quickly shutting down businesses and schools. Crucially, state officials also closed restaurants and bars before St. Patrick’s Day â€" typically a day of revelry in New England â€" after watching the deadly virus spread in the Seattle area. Officials sheltered homeless people in motels and campers, shuttered hotels, and ordered people to stay home. Anyone visiting or returning to Vermont had to quarantine for 14 days.

“We took a lot of steps early, and we didn’t waste a lot of time, and Vermonters accepted that,” Scott said at a recent news conference. “And they also complied with all the measures. So, I think that resulted in us having very low rates and put us in the position we’re in today.”

SGOS

My county seriously took measures to contain the pandemic early on, and we had near zero infections for a long time.  Then people started getting lax.  Grocery stores got lax.  Low infection rates inspired the right wing to ignore recommendations, and Republicans started swaggering around Trump like while ignoring guidelines.  The Pandemic took off.  Now that we are up to speed with the spread of infection almost on par with the rest of the deep South, I see more people wearing masks like they were at the beginning.  However, I don't see a downturn in infection yet.

I can't help but notice how infection rates correlate so well with people exercising caution.  Yesterday, I visited a grocery store where a young staff member was offering masks to customers (this was a first in my area), although the guideline was not being enforced. A couple of shoppers were not wearing masks.  The governor laid down rules but with no enforcement directions.  Success seems entirely dependent on people willing to cooperate.  Where enforcement is not being done, it is left up to people.  But some of those people are wearing MAGA hats, so enforcement would help a lot.  Of course this will piss off people who actually center their lives around being pissed off, so no one wants to enforce anything, except for maybe that one Costco Store that made it to utube.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on August 13, 2020, 08:24:04 AM
My county seriously took measures to contain the pandemic early on, and we had near zero infections for a long time.  Then people started getting lax.  Grocery stores got lax.  Low infection rates inspired the right wing to ignore recommendations, and Republicans started swaggering around Trump like while ignoring guidelines.  The Pandemic took off.  Now that we are up to speed with the spread of infection almost on par with the rest of the deep South, I see more people wearing masks like they were at the beginning.  However, I don't see a downturn in infection yet.

I can't help but notice how infection rates correlate so well with people exercising caution.  Yesterday, I visited a grocery store where a young staff member was offering masks to customers (this was a first in my area), although the guideline was not being enforced. A couple of shoppers were not wearing masks.  The governor laid down rules but with no enforcement directions.  Success seems entirely dependent on people willing to cooperate.  Where enforcement is not being done, it is left up to people.  But some of those people are wearing MAGA hats, so enforcement would help a lot.  Of course this will piss off people who actually center their lives around being pissed off, so no one wants to enforce anything, except for maybe that one Costco Store that made it to utube.
This is much like my county.  45/60 days ago, we had 6 deaths and 300 cases.  Then our county board of supes thought it a good idea to put everybody back to work.  Today, 74 death and over 5300 cases--and climbing fast.  Some restaurants offer seating inside, while most offer seating outside or take-home.  All grocery, hardware, farming, department, etc., stores are open--supposed to wear masks, but not all comply.  I have no idea when the covid will ever get under control.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 13, 2020, 09:33:24 AM
This is much like my county.  45/60 days ago, we had 6 deaths and 300 cases.  Then our county board of supes thought it a good idea to put everybody back to work.  Today, 74 death and over 5300 cases--and climbing fast.  Some restaurants offer seating inside, while most offer seating outside or take-home.  All grocery, hardware, farming, department, etc., stores are open--supposed to wear masks, but not all comply.  I have no idea when the covid will ever get under control.
It was a total joke when two months into the pandemic, I heard leaders saying, "It's now safe to reopen, because we have the virus under control, and we will be watching the virus closely".  I could have been pissed off, but not insulted if they had just said, "We don't care about the pandemic."  Jarred Kushner was the asshole who set the tone for this kind of dumbfuckery when he said, "Reopening represents a great victory over the Corona virus."  WTF??  Victory??? I'm calling him an asshole, not an idiot.  The idiots were the dumbfuck assholes that thought this was logical.

Now here we are, with the virus out of control, and America looking like the butt hole of the Earth.  But we are Great Again, just not in anyway positive, as we shout to the rest of the world, "You thought we were stupid jerks before?  Yeah well, you haven't seen nothin' yet.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 13, 2020, 07:39:37 AM
I wonder what they are they doing in Maine and Vermont to be so close to containment?

You still think that doctors and politicians controlled by Big Pharma are truthful?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 13, 2020, 07:56:22 AM
Vermont:

Gov. Phil Scott, a Republican, attributed the state’s success thus far to swiftly declaring an emergency at the outset and quickly shutting down businesses and schools. Crucially, state officials also closed restaurants and bars before St. Patrick’s Day â€" typically a day of revelry in New England â€" after watching the deadly virus spread in the Seattle area. Officials sheltered homeless people in motels and campers, shuttered hotels, and ordered people to stay home. Anyone visiting or returning to Vermont had to quarantine for 14 days.

“We took a lot of steps early, and we didn’t waste a lot of time, and Vermonters accepted that,” Scott said at a recent news conference. “And they also complied with all the measures. So, I think that resulted in us having very low rates and put us in the position we’re in today.”

Yes, should have shut down everything everywhere on Jan 1 ... by assuming that WHO and China were lying about person-to-person transmission.  Amazing how much 20-20 hindsight people have.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 13, 2020, 09:33:24 AM

Same here in NM.  Not bad for retirees who aren't in a nursing home ;(  It isn't supposed to ever stop.  Has regular flu ever stopped?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 13, 2020, 09:58:46 AM
It was a total joke when two months into the pandemic, I heard leaders saying, "It's now safe to reopen, because we have the virus under control, and we will be watching the virus closely".  I could have been pissed off, but not insulted if they had just said, "We don't care about the pandemic."  Jarred Kushner was the asshole who set the tone for this kind of dumbfuckery when he said, "Reopening represents a great victory over the Corona virus."  WTF??  Victory??? I'm calling him an asshole, not an idiot.  The idiots were the dumbfuck assholes that thought this was logical.

Now here we are, with the virus out of control, and America looking like the butt hole of the Earth.  But we are Great Again, just not in anyway positive, as we shout to the rest of the world, "You thought we were stupid jerks before?  Yeah well, you haven't seen nothin' yet.

Don't get medical advice from politicians, businessmen, WHO or CCP.  You people are so gullible.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Dr. Fauci Confirms "No Reason We Can't Have In-Person Voting" ... proof he is an evil Republican

'Sputnik V' - poorly named Russian Covid vaccine.  Philippines will give it a try.  I wish them luck.  Wonder if a new "Laika" had to be sacrificed?

"Novartis CEO: Covid may never go away" ... that is part of the Globalist master plan

"America's Obesity Epidemic Threatens Effectiveness of Any COVID Vaccine" ... kill all the fat people!

"New Zealand Takes A Page Out Of China's Book, Blames Latest Outbreak On Imported Goods" ... gotta get a big plastic bubble to cover whole country

"Letters From Melbourne: A "Ghost Town Police State" Under Brutal COVID Lockdown" ... their Premier (elected Victoria province governor) is the Ausi politician most compromised by the CCP

"Parker Crutchfield, a professor at Western Michigan University suggests putting morality pills (drugs) in the water supply so people wear masks and take vaccines." ... Californians already get free Fentanyl?

"Saliva Test For COVID-19 With "Less Than 1 Second" Results Enters Trial Phase In Israel" ... much more pleasant than the deep nasal swab

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.