News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 14, 2020, 01:09:49 PM
Baruch is so desperate for someone to reply to, he has started replying to himself.

Haha ... no, rarely, the mechanism of tying an early post of mine to a later post of mine, is clearer if I use the "reply" rather than the "edit".

You wouldn't notice this, unless you ... were reading ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Trump retweets idiot calling CDC and doctors "liars"

CDC to be kept in the dark

QuoteHHS officials on Monday finalized a new data reporting protocol for hospitals, which will eliminate the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as a data recipient, leaving health-care institutions to report information about covid-19 to a federal contractor or to their state, which would coordinate the federal reporting.
I dunno about you guys, but that sounds pretty nefarious to me.  Is there truly any rational reason why the CDC should be left out of the loop?

I rely heavily on John Hopkins and the CDC for national data and the NC DHHS for state data.  If, for political reasons, that data starts getting fudged or going dark, no one can possibly have a clear picture of what's going on in their area.  Uncertainty will reign and it will ramp up fear and panic.  It's one thing to face a pernicious enemy.  It's another thing to face that enemy while blindfolded and deafened.

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 14, 2020, 01:40:25 PM
Trump retweets idiot calling CDC and doctors "liars"

CDC to be kept in the dark
I dunno about you guys, but that sounds pretty nefarious to me.  Is there truly any rational reason why the CDC should be left out of the loop?

I rely heavily on John Hopkins and the CDC for national data and the NC DHHS for state data.  If, for political reasons, that data starts getting fudged or going dark, no one can possibly have a clear picture of what's going on in their area.  Uncertainty will reign and it will ramp up fear and panic.  It's one thing to face a pernicious enemy.  It's another thing to face that enemy while blindfolded and deafened.
A rational reason?  No, of course not.  But, considering it's Lord Dampnut's White House, rationality is about the last thing I expect.

The 'rational' reason (in the sense that it's the true reason) is that they dared to contradict the Oval Orifice.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

As the saying goes, "you can't make a hurricane go away by muzzling the weatherman"

Hydra009

Baruch

Dr Fauci is compromised.  But there are other doctors more reliable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Disney unveils no-mask "relaxation" zones

The 10 feet distance kinda helps mitigate the risk, but obviously, a mask + social distancing is better than just social distancing.  Especially at a place where your chances of bumping into someone is very high, like an amusement park.

This is basically like being on a stretch of the highway where it's okay to unbuckle your seatbelts.  To, I dunno, stretch or something.  The best case scenario here is encouraging irresponsible habits.

GSOgymrat

At Disney World, it's currently 94 degrees with heat index of 105. I have no interest in paying $120 to wait in lines, wearing a mask, trying to maintain a six-foot perimeter with a bunch of poorly managed, possibly disease-carrying rugrats putting their sticky hands all over everything. Call me when Tomorrowland is today.

Mermaid

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 14, 2020, 01:40:25 PM
Is there truly any rational reason why the CDC should be left out of the loop?
No. And we can't tolerate it.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

"WHO Will Not Investigate Wuhan Lab Where Coronavirus Was Kept" ... of course not, WHO only speaks Chinese

"Florida Labs Acknowledge "Major Errors" After Reporting Positivity Rates Of 100%" ... not the only inaccuracy of the antibody tests.

"Squirrel Tests Positive For Bubonic Plague In Small Colorado Town" ... more bad news.  My old stomping ground of Morrison, just W of Denver.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

A month ago I was pleasantly surprised by my county.

My county in CA is mainly ag based.  It has a very, very diverse population, yet is very, very conservative.  It always votes Repub.  Always.  Maga hats abound.  Yet, a month ago, we had only 300 cases of covid and 3 deaths.  I was surprised.  Then the Board of Supervisors thought it a good idea to open up and they did--business as usual.  Today, we have 13 dead and 2100 cases, and skyrocketing.  We are out of ICU beds.  The county reflects the overall picture; as a nation we are passing thru stupid into idiocy.  As a nation we are becoming too stupid to live.  This nation is exceptional in one thing--stupidity.  And we seem to relish it, for we are embracing it with all our might.  We have crashed thru the barrier of Banana Republic into worse than that.  We are fucking bat shit crazy..................   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mermaid

Please understand: Trump now controls the numbers you are allowed to see. The previously open database that the CDC shared with every other researcher is now being closed. The CDC will get data that has funneled through the white house first, and the public will only get data Trump approves.
Hospital data on coronavirus patients will now be rerouted to the Trump administration instead of first being sent to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/trump-cdc-coronavirus.html?smid=fb-share&fbclid=IwAR3jhzlyhfkY7DiCrVgOoXbjQhjX5NZ7HWwLksL034z2JFjVt3220SmeLWg
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

SGOS

This is mind boggling.

SGOS

It's like an alternate universe.

SGOS

I just happen to be reading a book right now titled Defying Hitler.  It was written by a a German who lived through the bungling German administration of WWI, and watched in awe and frustration as Hitler rose to power.  He never actually defied Hitler.  He was just amazed at the idiocy of the times and unable to do anything about it.  When Hitler would say something stupid or offensive and people laughed at him, he would react and do something even more stupid or offensive, leaving people with their jaws agape. 

Now we are not in as bad a situation as Germany after WWI.  We have not been  defeated by our neighbors, but it seems like we act like it.  Hitler was never 100% liked, but he rose to power on a groundswell of support.  Was it an actual majority?  I don't know.  The writer seemed to be wondering about that too.

The story is just about one German looking on and wondering how such an atrocity could come to power.  And many of his peers felt the same way.  Every president is likened to Hitler by someone or another, and I'd prefer to stay away from that, but I can't help but see some profound similarities.  I can't make predictions about where we are going to end up, but this is getting weird.  I was going to say scary, but I think weird is a better description.