News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote"Rand Paul urges Fauci to provide more optimism on Coronavirus"
Reality breaks optimism.  I prefer reality.  But having said that, Fauci provides a course of action that provides a way to minimize the health risks, if only leadership would listen to him.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on July 03, 2020, 11:23:29 AM
Reality breaks optimism.  I prefer reality.  But having said that, Fauci provides a course of action that provides a way to minimize the health risks, if only leadership would listen to him.

Medicine Wagon: Get your corporatized CCP vaccine here ... Can't afford $500 per shot?  Lobby your Congress-critter to pay for it.

How can the elderly avoid Covid?  Don't go to a nursing home, particularly one in NY, where Cuomo sends Covid patients to preferentially.

For the kids, if Covid ends public school, then that is just one item of the Communist Manifesto removed.  We need to remove more of them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on July 03, 2020, 11:23:29 AM
Yeah, okay.................what leadership??????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 03, 2020, 12:12:04 PM
Yeah, okay.................what leadership??????

Good question.  Fauci changes his pronouncements every other week, particularly if testifying before Congress.  Hope he doesn't have a record with Epstein, unlike his buddy Gates ;-(

Trump?  Yes, all Presidents and Presidential candidates before him were experts on virology.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

I spoke with a friend who acquired COVID-19 about a month ago. He was very ill but didn't have to be hospitalized. He is a bodybuilder and personal trainer and said our gym opened yesterday and he is back to work. He says he still feels bad and is experiencing coughing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, vertigo and memory problems. He asked if I am coming back to the gym.

Uh, no.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 03, 2020, 12:19:03 PM
I spoke with a friend who acquired COVID-19 about a month ago. He was very ill but didn't have to be hospitalized. He is a bodybuilder and personal trainer and said our gym opened yesterday and he is back to work. He says he still feels bad and is experiencing coughing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, vertigo and memory problems. He asked if I am coming back to the gym.

Uh, no.

My daughter goes to a gym before Covid.  She isn't coming back for a long long time.  People are close together in aerobics and are breathing hard.  Your friend needs to watch out for secondary organ damage caused by Covid.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

All you have to do is go to a protest.  Those are perfectly safe from Covid.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

SGOS

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 03, 2020, 12:19:03 PM

Uh, no.
If he's back to work and having symptoms, does this mean he is contagious or not contagious? 

GSOgymrat

Quote from: SGOS on July 03, 2020, 08:03:06 PM
If he's back to work and having symptoms, does this mean he is contagious or not contagious? 

He just said he was cleared for work by his doctor. From what I have read, a person who tests positive for COVID-19 is no longer contagious 11 days after onset of symptoms.

SGOS

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 03, 2020, 08:16:45 PM
He just said he was cleared for work by his doctor. From what I have read, a person who tests positive for COVID-19 is no longer contagious 11 days after onset of symptoms.
For residual symptoms, those sound pretty serious a month after onset.  I've heard survivors can have these things, sometimes permanently.  I usually think in terms of, "If I get it, I hope I don't die," but everyone should probably should hope for more than that.  This is a bad germ to get. My sister knows an older couple who got it.  Husband was initially sent home with it, but had to be re hospitalized on oxygen.  This was over a month ago, and both are still struggling with the aftermath.  I don't know what the eventual prognosis is.

GSOgymrat

It seems that people react differently to COVID-19 for reasons currently unknown. This friend's girlfriend also tested positive but had very mild symptoms. Some people die, some are asymptomatic, some have permanent organ damage, some have strokes... I don't want to know how my body would react to it.

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 02, 2020, 03:01:43 PM

Funny how almost all of them are reliably red states, isn't it?

At this rate, Biden will win the election because the Oval Orifice's supporters will be too sick to vote, or dead.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Don't you mean, when Biden is elected, the real President, his VP, will institute genocide against all White folk?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on July 03, 2020, 10:21:27 PM
Funny how almost all of them are reliably red states, isn't it?
Yes.  Highly unexpected.

I'd be likely to attribute it to the much more densely-populated and bluish cities getting hit earlier, so as this virus spreads into the more rural, reddish areas that it's bound to change the dynamic.  But then I remembered that population density doesn't quite have such a stark north-south dynamic - generally speaking, the Bible Belt is what's blowing up.  But why?  Well, redstate policies (opening/closing roulette wheel, masks if you feel like it) are definitely a factor.

And then there's the elephant in the room: partisan, anti-reality attitudes

Source

Baruch

Democrats can only hope.  That is all they got ;-(

"Florida Kicks Off 4th Of July With Another COVID-19 Record As Global Total Tops 11 Million" ... not just the fault of demonstrators

Went to breakfast, still doing masks and social distancing at restaurants.  I am fine with that.  Won't be attending any public fireworks like last year.  Will watch clip of fireworks at Mt Rushmore.  Demonstrators at Mt Rushmore remind me of North By Northwest, a Cold War movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPeH0w6ZXZM
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.