News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

"Close To Half Of All Working Age Adults In The US Do Not Have A Job Right Now" ... bye, bye Miss American pie ...

"Russian Anti-Terror Chief: Jihadis Are Intentionally Spreading Coronavirus" ... our jihadis are called BLM, AntiFa and Democrats ;-)

"LA Orders Closure Of Beaches For July 4th Weekend, Sheriff Refuses To Enforce Ban" ... no beach ball for you, comrade!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Ready for some swine flu?

I got hit with that back in 2009.  Me and about 61 million other Americans.  So about 20% of the country at the time.  It crushed me for a couple weeks, but I recovered okay.

But man oh man, this seems to be a recurring theme - people working in close proximity to farm animals, animals get sick, they spread it to farm workers who then spread it to all humanity.  There has to be a way to break this chain of events so it stops happening.  But aside from going vegan or switching to lab-grown meat, I dunno what it would be.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 30, 2020, 04:49:08 PM
Ready for some swine flu?

I got hit with that back in 2009.  Me and about 61 million other Americans.  So about 20% of the country at the time.  It crushed me for a couple weeks, but I recovered okay.

But man oh man, this seems to be a recurring theme - people working in close proximity to farm animals, animals get sick, they spread it to farm workers who then spread it to all humanity.  There's got to be a way to break this chain of events so it stops happening.  But aside from going vegan or switching to lab-grown meat, I dunno what it would be.

Very ancient thing.  Called animal husbandry.  For about 11000 years, we have been living in close proximity with our animals (not counting dogs perhaps).  A lot of pandemics happen because germs move from species to species (tricky buggers).  It isn't about eating meat per se (unless you eat uncooked meat) or bestiality.  So unless you want to live in an arboretum (and no animals including no bugs) like a human vegetable, you will have to just live with animal/human exposure.  Your infections help to tame existing bugs (many became more tame after circulating among humans, sometimes) and provide opportunities for bugs to adapt and mutate.  Don't be speciesist!  Accept proudly your opportunity for martyrdom as a living petri dish.  I used my house cats as coronavirus live vaccine injectors.

I am sure the Chinese genius virologists can come up with a virus that can move between plants and animals, then you are very screwed.  The tobacco mosaic virus infects tobacco plants.  How about a weaponized virus that only kills tobacco fans?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on June 30, 2020, 04:45:14 PM
The unfortunate fact is, both extremes mis-manage the economy.  That makes both unpopular.  They are maniacs and bureaucrats.  Fortunately for Brits, Tories are Labour-lite.
Except the political power vacuum has been caused in large part thanks to right-wing populism & propaganda.

Shiranu

Our local number just doubled from 600 daily cases to 1200.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on June 30, 2020, 06:39:14 PM
Except the political power vacuum has been caused in large part thanks to right-wing populism & propaganda.

All those R party governors and mayors ... terrible people ;-))  So clever that they all ran as Democrats.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 30, 2020, 07:21:02 PM
Our local number just doubled from 600 daily cases to 1200.

Just goes to show math is useful.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Arizona governor won't require masks

Quote“Everybody’s going to get COVID one way or the other eventually,” he said.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUg2cp23rGE

Quote“There are some people that can’t wear masks for whatever reason, shortness of breath or they are asthmatic,” Ducey said in response to a question about why he wasn’t requiring masks.
I have asthma and I can friggin' jog uphill while talking and wearing a mask.

Karen and/or Kevin absolutely can wear a mask on the laborious trek from their Jeep Cherokee parked literally 6 feet from the Whole Foods front door to the fortified wine aisle.  Just sayin'

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 01, 2020, 01:19:54 AM

I have asthma and I can friggin' jog uphill while talking and wearing a mask.

Karen and/or Kevin absolutely can wear a mask on the laborious trek from their Jeep Cherokee parked literally 6 feet from the Whole Foods front door to the fortified wine isle.  Just sayin'
Fuck all those people that die.  I've got a disability. Of course it's just hearing loss, but still...

Baruch

"US Interest In Coronavirus Waning" ... everything on TV/Streaming is unreal.  I blame CNN for 24x7 news cycle, and I blame Jane Fonda.  Ho, Ho, Ho Chih Minh.

"Meijer Stops Accepting Cash As Nationwide Coin Shortage Erupts" ... Midwest supermarket only takes plastic.  Good thing I hoarded my pennies.  The rest of you can sit outside with a cup and pencil on the sidewalk begging, when your credit/debit goes poof.

"The COVID Crisis Supercharged The War On Cash" ... currency carries viruses.  Give all your currency to the government.  I am from the government, here to help you ... bwahaha.  Yes, get everyone on debit cards, then set off the EMP.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/30/us-buys-up-world-stock-of-key-covid-19-drug

QuoteThe US has bought up virtually all the stocks for the next three months of one of the two drugs proven to work against Covid-19, leaving none for the UK, Europe or most of the rest of the world.

Experts and campaigners are alarmed both by the US unilateral action on remdesivir and the wider implications, for instance in the event of a vaccine becoming available. The Trump administration has already shown that it is prepared to outbid and outmanoeuvre all other countries to secure the medical supplies it needs for the US.

“They’ve got access to most of the drug supply [of remdesivir], so there’s nothing for Europe,” said Dr Andrew Hill, senior visiting research fellow at Liverpool University.

Remdesivir, the first drug approved by licensing authorities in the US to treat Covid-19, is made by Gilead and has been shown to help people recover faster from the disease. The first 140,000 doses, supplied to drug trials around the world, have been used up. The Trump administration has now bought more than 500,000 doses, which is all of Gilead’s production for July and 90% of August and September.

We just spent at least 250 million to make sure, for the next three months, the United States is the only country with access to this drug that helps people recover from Covid-19.

The pills cost a reported $10 dollars to make, we paid something like $500 a pop.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Guardian ... London Communist rag.  But yes, the US should.  China did in Jan/Feb.  Every asshole for themselves.  Fuck the rest of the world, they are enemies of the US (except maybe parts of Britain/Australia).  If we are going to nuclear war, I am not concerned about drug availability for the soon to be corpses.

"Global Hydroxychloroquine Study To Resume After Positive Trial Results" ... anything not useful to CCP, WHO, Gates or Fauci is ... eeeevil.

Dr Faustus ... Dr Fauci ... hmmm.  Lots of people have sold their souls to the Devil since 1963.  Read "The Decameron".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on July 01, 2020, 10:23:17 AMWe just spent at least 250 million to make sure, for the next three months, the United States is the only country with access to this drug that helps people recover from Covid-19.

The pills cost a reported $10 dollars to make, we paid something like $500 a pop.
Socialize the cost, privatize the profit.

Hydra009

Baruch

I don't mind a mask.  Will need one if I go on a rampage killing capitalists.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.