News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Mike Cl

White Evangelicals Aren’t As Worried About COVID-19 As Other Faith Groups: Study

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/white-evangelicals-coronavirus-less-worried_n_5ef375b0c5b601e5995762fd

Once again, the very religious demonstrate just how utterly superior and intelligent they are.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

God may have a plan, but plans, as the poet said, gang aft agley.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 27, 2020, 06:32:17 PM
Yep, plans often do go wrong--especially gods.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 27, 2020, 06:32:17 PM

Recent literary analysis of the characters in Dune ... they all have plans, and nothing turns out as intended, not even for Paul Atreides.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"It's Not Just Red States - Philadelphia, San Francisco Fear 'Second Wave' As Thousands Infected At BLM Protests" ... Duh!

"Illicit Raves Across Europe Are Contributing To A Revival In COVID-19 Infections" ... not so many beach parties in Europe
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 27, 2020, 08:06:47 PM
Yep, plans often do go wrong--especially gods.

Can't think of a better wet market than Noah's Ark.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on June 27, 2020, 10:35:33 PM

In the coming apocalypse, get Chinese recipes ... to eat your pets.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on June 27, 2020, 10:35:33 PM
God's mistakes are legion.  I find it amazing that the all seeing/knowing perfect god can't make anything perfect.  But then, god does work in mysterious ways.........

Hydra009

Learn from success or learn from failure.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 27, 2020, 11:29:19 PM
God's mistakes are legion.  I find it amazing that the all seeing/knowing perfect god can't make anything perfect.  But then, god does work in mysterious ways.........

Who said G-d is perfect?  Stupid monkey theologians.  Planet of the Apes ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDLS12_a-fk

Those who live by biotechnology, die by biotechnology ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"China Unveils World's First Robotic And Contactless Restaurant" ... all hail Communism!  A world without waitrons, so that HS, college and under skilled adults will never find a job.  Remember, in China, you can't join the Communist Party, the Communist Party joins you, if they feel like it.

Karl Marx based his theory on unlimited automation (check) and limitless free energy to drive it (uncheck).  The laws of thermodynamics and of economics (no free lunch) piss on Karl Marx's grave.  Let Millennials and Z-Gen join the army of the unemployed!  How will any social change, any political ideology, give you a free lunch, and limitless free energy (see recent Michael Moore expose of Green energy).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Saw Mike Pence in an interview, explaining why he and the President haven't been pushing to make wearing masks mandatory across the US. Basically, he said that he wants to leave that up to the states to decide how best to handle their situation, according to how bad things are within their particular area. Honestly, I don't think that was a bad answer. The problem, however, is that half of America thinks masks are ineffective or even dangerous. Because, you know. It totally makes sense that a mask would hold in carbon dioxide, and yet fail to filter the air coming in... You don't have to mandate that all of America wear masks. It would have been helpful if the President would just encourage people to wear masks, if able, spreading facts rather than ignorance.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think we'd be much better off if Pence were President right now instead of Trump. I look at what President Bush has had to say about the virus and the BLM protests, and man what I wouldn't give to trade him for Trump right now. Any past Republican would have handled this situation far better, and yet we live in the worst timeline, where all this shit hits the fan right when the biggest idiot happened to be in charge of leading America.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 28, 2020, 07:26:25 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think we'd be much better off if Pence were President right now instead of Trump. I look at what President Bush has had to say about the virus and the BLM protests, and man what I wouldn't give to trade him for Trump right now. Any past Republican would have handled this situation far better, and yet we live in the worst timeline, where all this shit hits the fan right when the biggest idiot happened to be in charge of leading America.
Oh, no.  Once coronavirus was dealt with, Ayatollah Pence would then go about implementing his christofascist idea of what America should be.  I'd much rather his master and he and as many of their ass-kissers as possible go down in flames this November.  Fortunately, it looks like that's exactly what's going to happen if current trends continue.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 28, 2020, 07:26:25 PM
Any past Republican would have handled this situation far better, and yet we live in the worst timeline, where all this shit hits the fan right when the biggest idiot happened to be in charge of leading America.
I think you could take the worst 5 presidents, roll all of their faults into one person and trump would be much, much worse.