News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

"The CDC Slashed The COVID-19 Fatality Rate To A Fraction Of Earlier Estimate Used To Justify Lockdowns" ... rely on statistical models from a man who has a history of being wrong.

"Google Drive Takes Down Personal Copy Of "Plandemic"" ... the only virus the US has, is the virus of politics.  Pravda has arrived.  All citizens must pledge allegiance to the DNC.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

The pandemic is taking its toll on mental health as people deal with the fear of infection, friends and family who may be ill, inability to work, financial uncertainty, social isolation, political unrest, and inability to use usual coping skills. As one would expect, the survey shows people in higher-income brackets worry half as much as those in lower-income brackets.

A third of Americans now show signs of clinical anxiety or depression, Census Bureau finds amid coronavirus pandemic

A third of Americans are showing signs of clinical anxiety or depression, Census Bureau data shows, the most definitive and alarming sign yet of the psychological toll exacted by the coronavirus pandemic.

When asked questions normally used to screen patients for mental health problems, 24 percent showed clinically significant symptoms of major depressive disorder and 30 percent showed symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder. ...

Even before the pandemic, mental health care in the country was severely underfunded and riddled with problems of access, disparities and insurance roadblocks. In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, Congress appropriated trillions of dollars in emergency funds, but almost none of it has gone toward mental health programs and clinics.

“If you measure a problem, presumably it’s because you want to do something about it,” said Oquendo, former president of the American Psychiatric Association.

Doctors don’t diagnose patients with cancer, for instance, only to send them on their way, she said. “Now that the government knows how widely people are suffering, the question is what are they going to do about it.”

Baruch

The calls to the suicide line in the US are way way up ;-(

""Half Your Crew's Not Wearing Masks!" MSNBC Suffers Shaming-Fail After Vacationer Mocks Reporter" ... people who live in glass houses ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on May 27, 2020, 11:53:58 PM
The calls to the suicide line in the US are way way up ;-(

""Half Your Crew's Not Wearing Masks!" MSNBC Suffers Shaming-Fail After Vacationer Mocks Reporter" ... people who live in glass houses ...

Don't forget not just fear and anxiety caused by fear of infection, but increased rates of domestic abuse from those locked inside with their abusers
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 25, 2020, 01:25:52 AM
Conservative Christians are less likely to help you in a disaster than gloat over why you had one coming.

https://youtu.be/G4oNAHA6Hfw

LOL, I wasn't aware I missed her. Mam...*nods.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 28, 2020, 04:37:03 AM
LOL, I wasn't aware I missed her. Mam...*nods.

It is odd being the center of other nations fantasies.  Most Americans don't spend much time thinking about Turkish political-cultural trends.  Last year just a blip, the genealogy piece showing Boris Johnson's Turkish ancestry.  But that is British, not American.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Leading UK Epidemiologist: "Pubs, Nightclubs, Restaurants Could Reopen Without Serious Risk"" ... trust the science?  Trust whichever Lysenko you prefer ...

"The world’s largest airline trade group has called for immunity passports, thermal screening, masks, and physical distancing to be a part of the industry’s strategy for returning to “normal” operations..." ... sorry, flying is uncomfortable already, and I don't trust how well they clean the plane or the crew or the passengers ... airlines as we have known them are dead ;-(

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Yes, it's Vox, but from what I've read it's pretty accurate. Fortunately, where I live there are trails where I can walk and not encounter another person.

https://youtu.be/n6QwnzbRUyA

Baruch

Not all germaphobes are crazy.  Not all are Howard Hughes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

We have a family member with chronic bronchitis (COPD). We can afford to stay home. Three acres of woods/gardens/ponds are plenty to keep us from going stir crazy. I keep the front gate locked and get everything delivered. I don't give a flying phuck what anyone thinks. Friends sometimes call and say we "have to" get together soon. Not that clingy, sorry.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on May 28, 2020, 11:43:00 AM
We have a family member with chronic bronchitis (COPD). We can afford to stay home. Three acres of woods/gardens/ponds are plenty to keep us from going stir crazy. I keep the front gate locked and get everything delivered. I don't give a flying phuck what anyone thinks. Friends sometimes call and say we "have to" get together soon. Not that clingy, sorry.

My mother had COPD ... caused by 75 years of smoking ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 28, 2020, 10:51:44 AM
Yes, it's Vox, but from what I've read it's pretty accurate. Fortunately, where I live there are trails where I can walk and not encounter another person.
I'm really curious about swimming pools and beaches.  This time last year, I was a pretty avid swimmer and found it to be great stress relief.  It'd be a real shame to sit out this summer.  :(

My current understanding is that the chlorine in swimming pools kills the virus quickly so there's very little risk in the water, but unfortunately, people tend to cluster around pools, so that's a no go.  Similar situation with beaches, people gathering in crowds and it's not clear what risk I'm taking on if someone sneezes into the water 15ft away from me.  Unfortunately - and this is strange to me - a lot of people go to the beach just to lounge on the sand and have no intention of going in the water - and large, clustered gatherings are great for spreading the virus, though being outside is a somewhat mitigating factor.  So beaches are a no go as well until crowds no longer pose much risk - i.e. the daily number of cases drops a lot.

Hydra009

Sitrep 5/27 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA:

New cases (daily):  20,546 (slightly increased but holding steady, comparable to 5/19)
New deaths (daily): 1,535 (huge increase from the numbers in the last few days)
Currently infected: 1,153,566 (a new record, but not significantly increased from 5/21)

Looks like this doesn't seem be so much as peaking as it is plateauing.

NC:
https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/nc-coronavirus-cases-maps-graphs-live-updates/19010016/

New cases (daily): 784 (up significantly compared to the last few days, somewhat less than the frightening 1000 mark we hit on 5/23)
New deaths (daily): 33 (very high, very nearly record-breaking)

Testing percentage is relatively flat at a consistent 6.8% (6.8% of people who get tested test positive) and hospitalizations has increased to 629 (a week ago it was 528).

Little sign of improvement overall, unfortunately.  :(

Munch

Quote from: Cassia on May 28, 2020, 11:43:00 AM

good for you. your friends are ignoring whats happening but you shouldn't risk your own health for their lack of awareness.

I'm starting to grow concerned about my nephews, here in uk the government, even with his own advisors warning against it to boris, have decided to start reopening schools in a few weeks, with these awful rules about kids needing to distance themselves from each other. I can only imagine how bad thats going to be for kids not being able to work and play together in such an environment.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin