News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FQIDcsQ_hhk

Had hoped people would have more common sense here. Guess not.

I also read a report that the chance of type 1 diabetics of dying to this disease is higher then type 2, so when I see fuckwits like these out and about who value getting out more then controlling the virus, leading to a higher chance of a second strain, I just give up.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on May 20, 2020, 05:37:26 PM
Soon 5 million total cases and still not at the inflection point.

Over 330 million Americans.  Until you test all of us, you don't have statistics worth a damn.  If the final infection rate is 10%, then there are 33 million total cases out there.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

This giving an idea of how important it is for everyone to keep safe and think smart, even if your completely healthy. I'm subbed to this guy on twitter, he's completely healthy, a snowboarder, and the same age as me.

He caught the disease when he went to a party. He shared what happened to him before and after 6 weeks in intensive care with the disease.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/man-shares-photo-before-after-covid-19

Don't normally follow anything buzzfeed but I do follow him so don't mind sharing this.

This is what just continues to make me angry that even healthy people who treat this as 'A disease that only effects old people and those with underlining healthy conditions', this is what it can do to healthy people.

Munch

I just watched a video of a redneck filming a costco employee telling the redneck to wear a mask while in store, and the guy refusing, calling the costco employee a pussy little bitch and sheep. The costco employee proceeded to take his trolley from him and banning him from the store.

Kinda wish we had costco here in the uk now.

edit, found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HEOBrFX3Hc

someone raised a good point in the comment section too. As retail outlets are private property, they can enforce rules in a store for how you dress, so if they have a rule about wearing a shirt and shoes and socks they can kick you out for not following that. This same rule should now be applied to those not wearing a mask in stores in these times, so, good for him.

GSOgymrat

Costco isn't just a retailer, it's a club that requires patrons to purchase a membership and abide by specific rules. This video is another example of how some people feel that rules simply don't apply to them. My husband dealt with this all the time as a flight attendant where passengers believe their needs come before the safety of the other 300 people sealed in the 250-tonne metal tube flying 600 mph at 35,000 feet.

"I woke up in a free country." Yeah, well you didn't wake up as CEO of Costco, buddy.

Hydra009

Also, freedom isn't absolute; there are certain rules we have to abide by to protect the safety of others.  It's a necessary part (perhaps a defining part) of being a part of a civilization.  People who want to do whatever they wish are free to do it in the wilderness, what little of it remains.

Expecting all the benefits of civilization while shouldering none of its costs is rank hypocrisy and if everyone were to act that way, there would no longer be civilization at all.

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on May 20, 2020, 09:59:09 PM
This giving an idea of how important it is for everyone to keep safe and think smart, even if your completely healthy.
Exactly.  I mean, only in this past month have my parents reconciled with me -- we hadn't spoken in about ten years -- and I had to tell Mom today that since I work in a social services office and she and Dad are 81 and 80 respectively and Dad has had chemo for leukemia in the last couple years, I don't dare come up for the long weekend.  The likelihood that I have either had contact with a carrier directly or with someone who has had contact is not small.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

drunkenshoe

The idea that people can be trusted to exercise reason, think in terms of the wellbeing of the society -actually even the fucking block they live in- during a global pandemic, deciding when-how they should go out by themselves is right down moronic. Actually, it's moronic to think they would act reasonably under normal circumstances, it is a lie. It's a fake sense of safety, nothing more.

A lot of people have died and a lot more will because of this freedom bullshit in the so called developed countries. They were/are all preventable deaths.

The bad side for us in the underdeveloped countries that while there is enough dictatorship to prevent people from going outside or do what they want, now they're delighted that the have a good set of excuses shown by the 'developed'.

Then it's been over 40C here, but there are no people in beaches in a country which is practically an open international vacation resort. There is a swimming ban. There is a curfew for anyone over 65 or under 20. There is a country wide curfew during the ramadan holiday and there is universal health care.

I have no idea what will hapen to the world after this is over, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the world we thought it was to begin with anyway.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 21, 2020, 12:25:06 AM
Also, freedom isn't absolute; there are certain rules we have to abide by to protect the safety of others.  It's a necessary part (perhaps a defining part) of being a part of a civilization.  People who want to do whatever they wish a free to do in the wilderness, what little of it remains.

Expecting all the benefits of civilization while shouldering none of its costs is rank hypocrisy and if everyone were to act that way, there would no longer be civilization at all.

Where did England put their criminals?  The 13 colonies.  Where did America put their criminals?  The Wild West.  Sorry, don't send your switchblade wielding city losers out West.  We have guns ;-)

Munch ... that guy looks OK, his beard is thinner but didn't completely fall out ;-)

drunkenshoe ... exactly why I no longer support democracy.  Call Dictators-R-Us.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"78% Of Americans Are Willing To Pay More For Non-China Made Products; Poll" ... 40% won’t buy anything from China, similar numbers for the UK.

"570 Workers Test Positive For COVID At Tyson Plant In North Carolina" ... the essential open businesses, you would think they would particularly care for their workers, since we are all depending on them!

""Free Money": Most Americans Want The Government To Issue More Stimulus Checks" ... I will drink to that!

"Test Positive For COVID-19, End Up In A Police Database" ... why do the fuzz need to know your condition?  It is illegal to try to bite etc someone if you have Aids, will you be jailed if you have a "prior" for Covid, and cough?

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Defender of child sex trafficker Epstein supports forced vaccinations" ... he also defended OJ

"COVID Showdowns Brewing Across Illinois As Angry Residents, Sheriffs Reject Lockdown" ... is Illinois more corrupt than Florida, California or NY?

"Quarter Of Americans Have No Interest In Taking COVID Vaccine" ... they probably also didn't take the regular flu vaccine last Fall

"OVER SIX HUNDRED DOCTORS SEND LETTER TO TRUMP DEMANDING ECONOMY BE REOPENED" ... lockdown keeps other hospitalizations at home

"NEW YORK CITY IS DYING, THE NY POST SAVAGES CUOMO AND DE BLASIO FOR HAVING NO PLAN AND HURTING NYC" ... there is more than one newspaper in NYC, and they don't all work for the DNC.  "Let the people decide" ... most dreaded words that can be heard by a politician.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on May 21, 2020, 11:47:52 AM

Munch ... that guy looks OK, his beard is thinner but didn't completely fall out ;-)

weird thing, I showed my mum the twitter post showing the guy before and half intensive care with his gaunt face and a tube stuck in him, and she responded 'oh he looks much better there' pointing at the after picture.
I said to her 'you do realize mum thats the guy after he's suffered from corona and started to become emaciated'. Her response "Yeah well I don't like muscle bound f***wits".
I changed the subject there after.

SGOS

Baruch

"Washington State Loses "Hundreds Of Millions" To Nigerian Unemployment Claims Fraud Scheme" ... stupid state workers!  I am the one and only White Nigerian prince ;-)

"Scientists Claim 'Medicinal Cannabis' Could Help Fight COVID-19" ... hope Trump smokes a reefer in public, so the Ds will stop smoking them ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.