News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Don't freak out and be sure to take this with bucket full of salt, but tencent briefly reported much higher coronavirus infections/deaths before adjusting those figures to the official government statistics.  I dunno if these sorts of allegations have merit, though this is definitely something that should be looked into in the fullness of time.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 06, 2020, 12:35:53 AM
Don't freak out and be sure to take this with bucket full of salt, but tencent briefly reported much higher coronavirus infections/deaths before adjusting those figures to the official government statistics.  I dunno if these sorts of allegations have merit, though this is definitely something that should be looked into in the fullness of time.
I don't know if these allegations have merit either, but we can make reasonable extrapolations from government behaivor we see around the world, as well as our own so called "more perfect union."  Governments lie.  They have the power to do it.  They have ulterior motives, and any time a president promises full disclosure or transparency, I have yet to see one in my lifetime stick by that.  In addition, people like certain lies, which makes it easier still for the government to lie to them.

In this case we have but a few sources we can trust.  All we've got are a handful of scientific experts in different parts of the world that are raising a red flag, but I don't think the experts working on ground zero have any need or desire to conspire.  They are just sending a warning.  The highest tier in the chain is the government, which usually disregards science, or capitalizes on science to achieve it's own agenda.  It spins absolutely any information it can get its hands on to suit its needs. When sorting through information, comments from the government receive a high level of skepticism.  Scientists, when in agreement, are a bit more reliable.  Utube bloggers just want to be on the internet. They have opinions, but not much else.

Baruch

When it is clear that the Tide Pods people have replaced you, you are just detergent ;-)

“Li Wenliang, a doctor in China who was allegedly detained for warning others about the coronavirus before he himself was sickened by the illness, has died.”

He was 34 years old.  Tested positive on Jan 30.  Died 7 days later.  Move on, nothing to see here ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

It looks like Washington State might be out of the woods. The man in Snohomish County who got infected has mostly recovered, and there's still no evidence that he infected anyone else.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Coming to a totalitarian location near you ... Big Doctor, not Big Brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-eM4IM-PfY

Dean Koontz, American author, wrote a novel, The Eyes Of Darkness, in 1981, that foreshadows what we see now in Wuhan.  Though the fictional virus weapon is much more effective than the real virus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Citizen Journalists Who Exposed Beijing's Lies In Wuhan Have Suddenly Vanished" ... Communism good for journalism.

"400 million now in quarantine" ... move on, nothing to see here.

"Wuhan Institute Of Virology And Chinese Army Submit Patent For Gilead Anti-Ebola Drug To Fight Coronavirus" ... Chinese capitalism?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on February 07, 2020, 11:38:29 AM
Coming to a totalitarian location near you ... Big Doctor, not Big Brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-eM4IM-PfY

Dean Koontz, American author, wrote a novel, The Eyes Of Darkness, in 1981, that foreshadows what we see now in Wuhan.  Though the fictional virus weapon is much more effective than the real virus.

I mean theres no question on it being a totalitarian country. Thats the one upside to something like this, how much it exposes what places like china and north korea are like with its own people and how it wants the rest of the world to think they are instead of what their really like.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on February 06, 2020, 08:58:25 AMGovernments lie.  They have the power to do it.
Absolutely.  The PRC in particular has a rich history of distorting the truth.  But is that going on in this case?  We don't know.  And not liking someone or knowing that they have a criminal past doesn't automatically mean they did a particular crime.  That stuff has to be substantiated.  Until it is, we can't say one way or another.

Hydra009

And the earlier reports that said that coronavirus can be transmitted before the onset of symptoms is apparently false.

That's good news.  But it once again underscores the need for reliable information and problem of spreading false information online.  My bad.  :(

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 07, 2020, 11:03:18 PM
And the earlier reports that said that coronavirus can be transmitted before the onset of symptoms is apparently false.

That's good news.  But it once again underscores the need for reliable information and problem of spreading false information online.  My bad.  :(

There is now a report, that a person once infected and recovered, can be reinfected, because one's anti-bodies aren't persistent enough.  But that of course is unverified.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

The Kung Flu really isn't any more dangerous than regular flu.

I had a conspiracy theorist try to tell me this is an accidentally released bio-weapon.  It's a pretty crappy bio-weapon if it is.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 08, 2020, 01:39:01 AM

I had a conspiracy theorist try to tell me this is an accidentally released bio-weapon.  It's a pretty crappy bio-weapon if it is.

Possibly so.  We will know better by May (estimated date when it burns out, in conditions of no vaccine).

Yes, every time we have the flu in the US, I think quarantine of 330 million people sounds good to me ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Canadian Scientist At Center Of Chinese Bio-Espionage Probe Found Dead In Africa?" ... mysterious death of mysterious man at center of bio-espionage in Canada.

"Chinese Biowarfare Agents At Harvard University Caught Smuggling Viruses" ... Harvard professor accused.  One of the grad students was a lieutenant in the Chinese military.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 08, 2020, 01:39:01 AM

It's not necessary to imagine government (or other) weapons, nature can, and does, do quite well on its own bringing these things to us - with no malice at all.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman