Previously 'The big ol' 2020 debate', turned Baruch's personal waste bin.

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 27, 2020, 06:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

Quote from: Shiranu on July 03, 2020, 11:49:01 PM
Not to speak for Jason, but I interpret it not that Biden isn't better than Trump... just that his policies won't really fix anything. You're still sitting in a pile of shit and you changed the wrong piece of clothing, but at least you aren't continuing to shit yourself.

If that's the case, I'm prone to agree.
At a minimum I expect there will be considerable repair to the damage that's been done to our international relations, to say nothing of reversing any number of the Oval Orifice's stupider/eviller executive orders.

In what way is that 'not fixing anything'?
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Jason Harvestdancer

The "America First" slogan has origins from outside the KKK.  However, since they used it, it is irrevocably tainted by racism so nobody can use it.

Oh, and the KKK used oxygen.  It is irrevocably tainted by racism so you can't use it.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Hydra009

Tbf, that phrase was also used by US Presidents Wilson, Coolidge, Harding, and McKinley.  Still, it has a rather unsavory history and association with both racial injustice and antisemitism, and only a completely moron wouldn't notice that.

Trump also has an extensive record of racist dog-whistling, not-so-subtlety identifying himself as a whatever the fascist equivalent of "fellow traveler" is.

Baruch

George Washington and Thomas Jefferson kept slaves.  Don't use any words they ever used.  In particular don't use "e" as we used to joke in the 80s, Bill Gates has a copywrite on that letter ;-)

Internationalists ... Alexander the Great, Ashoka, Shi Huang Ti, Julius Caesar ... the whole world under one supreme leader (megalomaniac).  None of these guys thought that your tribe or kingdom or city state should be independent of their neo-liberalism (cultural superiority).

Collectivism is the general rule for human culture.  Individualism is the exception.  Eg: if one man beats one woman (wife) then all men are wife beaters.  That is the logic of collectivism.  But funny how if one man brings flowers to one woman (girl friend) then all men are good boyfriends?  Collectivism only works in the context of negativity?

One of my grandfathers and his father before him were KKK back in that era.  They did what they did in their time.  I have done what I have done in my time.  We are different men.  I don't feel responsible for any "reparations" for anything they did.  Because guilt isn't collective to collective, but individual to individual.

If guilt is collective, then any Jew can murder any German anytime.  Perpetual kosher reparations.

On symbols ... that upside down red triangle has multiple meanings.  It does not imply that Trump dresses as a Nazi at fancy parties.  Members of the British Royal Family do that ;-(  This would be different if it was a clear Nazi flag.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Trump's campaign wasn't responsible for the upside-down triangles.  It was a PAC that allegedly supports Trump, run by a Romney supporter.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on July 04, 2020, 05:40:00 PM
Trump's campaign wasn't responsible for the upside-down triangles.  It was a PAC that allegedly supports Trump, run by a Romney supporter.

But that is the whole vast conspiracy with time traveling reincarnating Nazis .. aiee!  Don't look on the backside of the Moon (cult movie), not only Nazis living there, but misogynists and homophobes too!  Deranged conspiracy theories are only done by Republicans.  Democrats are completely rational (Vulcans).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on July 04, 2020, 05:40:00 PM
Strange then, that the twitter page describes itself as "the official twitter for the Trump campaign".

When this story came out, Team Trump was identified as run by Trump's reelection campaign and the Trump campaign defended its tweet (why, if they didn't tweet that out?)

Who to believe...hmmmm....

I don't suppose you'd care to enlighten me with anything more than just your say-so?

As an aside, I've noticed a running theme of statements lacking any sort of support.  It's easy - too easy - to say that x is y when you don't have to show your work.

Sal1981

Guilt by Association has been co-opted by the fascists.

Hydra009

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 04, 2020, 07:40:54 PM
Guilt by Association has been co-opted by the fascists.
That was (and is) their platform, truth be told

Baruch

Guilt by association is tribal warfare and class warfare.  Enjoy your apocalypse, fools!

Twitter?  Don't even bother.  Snort gasoline while smoking a reefer.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 04, 2020, 06:31:22 PM
Strange then, that the twitter page describes itself as "the official twitter for the Trump campaign".

When this story came out, Team Trump was identified as run by Trump's reelection campaign and the Trump campaign defended its tweet (why, if they didn't tweet that out?)

Who to believe...hmmmm....

I don't suppose you'd care to enlighten me with anything more than just your say-so?

As an aside, I've noticed a running theme of statements lacking any sort of support.  It's easy - too easy - to say that x is y when you don't have to show your work.

It is against federal law for there to be any direct communication between a PAC and a candidate.

Jason Harvestdancer

Okay, here's the trail I followed.  I started by looking up the Team Trump Facebook page.

On the page I found "Confirmed Page Owner: DONALD J. TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT, INC." and webpage www.donaldjtrump.com.

FEC data for "DONALD J. TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT, INC." lists it as a PAC.  The only listed officer is TIMOTHY JOST, treasurer.  Former treasurer BRADLEY CRATE.

Looking up those individuals I find this.

Timothy Jost is a professor at Robert L. Willett Family Professor of Law, Washington and Lee University School of Law, and a member of the Federalist Society.  He was actually influential in arguing against the ACA (Obamacare).  He did work at a company called "Red Curve Solutions" founded by Bradley Crate.  He also worked directly for Romney.  Bradley Crate was a CFO for Romney.

This is in the public records.  It is also common knowledge that Romney is the leader of the last vestige of anti-Trump Republicans.

Hydra009

So...this guy doesn't work for Trump now because he used to work for Romney in the past?  And this guy is doing some sort of false flag op on Trump because Romney doesn't like Trump?  Just a tiny bit of a logical leap there.  And this supposedly anti-Trump guy is doing a hell of a job supporting Trump day in and day out.

Also, it makes the Trump campaign's (weak) defense of this sort of messaging all the more bizarre.  Is there any record whatsoever of anyone on the Trump campaign saying that Team Trump isn't with them?  Cause that seems like a really simple and easy way to get out of any wrongdoing.  "It wasn't us, it was some Romney guy."  You'd think that would be first thing they would say, if that were the case.  Very strange.

Thanks for trying to connect those dots, though.

Hydra009

Btw, isn't the webpage (donaldjtrump.com) the actual, official Trump re-election campaign webpage?