Previously 'The big ol' 2020 debate', turned Baruch's personal waste bin.

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 27, 2020, 06:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 22, 2020, 01:59:39 PM
Trump rally disaster: 6 staffers come down with 'rona, organizers expected a million and got 6,200.  Biggest crowd since the inauguration, heh.

I don't blame them for being skiddish, holding an indoor rally in the midst of a pandemic is pretty stupid and I dunno why he thought people would be jazzed about seeing racist gramps cutting another promo.  There's a lot more important stuff going on and I wouldn't want to be packed in close with crazy, maskless idiotseither.

Trump said that protestors scared off his base.  So apparently lefties are pushover wimps but also intimidating af.  Who knew?

Covid isn't the real virus, Dems are ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

North Korea, South Korea, same diff.

Trump campaign offering free tickets online and some people taking them up on that and then not going = foreign sabotage orchestrated by the traitorous AOC *twirls mustache*

Baruch

Dems are like old cartoon characters.  Trump is the Road Runner.  Dems are the Coyote ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCJwcNmGxRc
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Remember, Donald, it's your party and you can cry if you want to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bAPlojfgO0

Baruch

Bill and Hillary, Republicans in disguise
Donald, Democrat in disguise
Bernie, Commie in disguise

Decepticons all, I tell you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99h1Tcb2wWU

#Trust All Politicians
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Being a party chump is a dubious philosophy. May as well stamp a big 'L' on your forehead. If you wear MAGA hats or an antifa t-shirt I already know way too much about your dumbass. The real decisions are not even made in the left/right arena. They are made in corporate-rented hotel suites by people who are three steps ahead of every government official. They don't care which party they deal with. They are glad you are busy being a puppet however. They are glad everything is black and white to you and that you lack depth or the ability to follow the money, especially the money that just escaped your checking account. They are glad when you 'believe' and 'care'. They even love when you think everything is a conspiracy. Because you are off chasing ghosts and they are right there in front of you.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on June 22, 2020, 04:20:54 PM
Being a party chump is a dubious philosophy. May as well stamp a big 'L' on your forehead. If you wear MAGA hats or an antifa t-shirt I already know way too much about your dumbass. The real decisions are not even made in the left/right arena. They are made in corporate-rented hotel suites by people who are three steps ahead of every government official. They don't care which party they deal with. They are glad you are busy being a puppet however. They are glad everything is black and white to you and that you lack depth or the ability to follow the money, especially the money that just escaped your checking account. They are glad when you 'believe' and 'care'. They even love when you think everything is a conspiracy. Because you are off chasing ghosts and they are right there in front of you.

Do you behave this way with sport teams?  I would assume not.  Collectivism starts in the arena.  Being in a giant crowd magnifies group-think.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Do you behave this way with sport teams?  I would assume not.

Assume so. I enjoy sports in perspective to reality.  "Please god, let my team win just this once, as my life will change for the better forever (even though I have absolutely no input whatsoever into the result)". People get bent out of shape when their teams just up and move. Shatters the illusion that they are actually somehow really connected. Proud to wear an official licensed $65.00 tee shirt and get into a fist fight with a Lakers fan in the parking lot.

Hey you want to wear a chunk of cheese on your head for four hours in freezing rain you will make a good soldier, I will give you that. This taking extreme pride in things that you had nothing to do with is pathetic

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Cassia on June 23, 2020, 08:07:54 AM
This taking extreme pride in things that you had nothing to do with is pathetic.

I've been reluctant to comment because I know this won't be well received.

The controversy regarding statues reminds me that my sensibilities are different than most people's. Most people feel strongly connected to their heritage, their ancestors, and their culture. They want to live in a nation they can feel proud of. I think my disinterest in such things stems from three beliefs: 1) I don't feel pride or guilt for things I have no control over, 2) the bigger the group I'm a part of, the less invested I feel, and 3) only living things are worthy of inherent respect.

If my grandfather, who died before I was born, was a serial killer or a great humanitarian it would be of trivial interest and I would not feel that was any reflection on me, I wouldn't feel good or bad about it. The idea that I would feel pride or guilt about the actions of Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, or other historical figures seems irrational.

Similarly, I don't feel proud, or not proud, to be an American. I didn't choose to be born here and my influence on this nation is 1/329,227,746-- actually probably less than that. The smaller the group, the more connected I feel: immediate family> extended family> friends> coworkers> neighbors> ... national identity> ancestral heritage. If I immigrated to another country I wouldn't miss being American I would miss family and friends.

Nothing that isn't living is sacred. I have no emotional connection to statues, memorials or venerated ancestors. I loved my parents but if someone wanted to build a parking garage on their graves my only concern is if I'm getting a refund on the cemetery plot. I consider holy books like any other book. Constitutions are subject to revision or dismissal. Any idea is open to examination.

I do care about the feelings of other living people and the suffering of creatures. I recognize that most people are emotionally invested in symbols and define themselves by group affiliation. If a significant number of people are distressed by Confederate statues, especially people who feel marginalized, then take them off public property. I care that other people care, including the people distressed by the statue’s removal, but because I find the statue itself meaningless I side with removing it. Just like religion, I have to remind myself that other people really, really care about things that I consider sentimental nonsense.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on June 23, 2020, 08:07:54 AM
Do you behave this way with sport teams?  I would assume not.

Assume so. I enjoy sports in perspective to reality.  "Please god, let my team win just this once, as my life will change for the better forever (even though I have absolutely no input whatsoever into the result)". People get bent out of shape when their teams just up and move. Shatters the illusion that they are actually somehow really connected. Proud to wear an official licensed $65.00 tee shirt and get into a fist fight with a Lakers fan in the parking lot.

Hey you want to wear a chunk of cheese on your head for four hours in freezing rain you will make a good soldier, I will give you that. This taking extreme pride in things that you had nothing to do with is pathetic

It is easy to be part of the intelligencia.  Just despise everyone ;-)  No, I am not a sporty guy.  But there are several here who are.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

It is easy to be part of the intelligencia.  Just despise everyone ;-)

Just look at that passive aggressive childish smiley. Lacks conviction. You got it ! I am a member of the elite Intelligencia party. We wanted to produce hats that say "Make America Smart Again Because We Hate Everyone" but it wouldn't fit unless the font was too small". That sucks, how can we have a rally without hats?

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on June 23, 2020, 11:03:45 AM
It is easy to be part of the intelligencia.  Just despise everyone ;-)

Just look at that passive aggressive childish smiley. Lacks conviction. You got it ! I am a member of the elite Intelligencia party. We wanted to produce hats that say "Make America Smart Again Because We Hate Everyone" but it wouldn't fit unless the font was too small". That sucks, how can we have a rally without hats?

You can't be part of the real 1% unless you have a secret handshake and funny hats.  Don't forget the secret handshake ;-)

Not that you should care, but some of my past "primal scream" posts were sincere.  You don't want to read my posts if I have convictions.  I might have to go back to jail.

PS ...

"Anonymous Psychiatrist Deletes Rationalist Blog After NY Times Threatens Doxing" ... only "Mao Tse Tung Thought" allowed

"Apple Can Now Unlock Your Car And Listen To You Washing Your Hands" ... Apple is controlled by CCP, so CCP can unlock your car or listen to you

"Canadian College Exec Apologizes, Resigns After 'Liking' Conservative Tweets" ... Canada is C-an-ucked

"NYC Sees 400% Jump In Shootings As Undercover Unit Disbanded" ... surprise, surprise (Gomer Pyle USMC)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez triumphs over her Wall Street-backed Democratic primary opponent Michelle Caruso-Cabrera and all but secures a 2nd term" ... but as usual, the majority of registered party members didn't vote.  Primaries are ignored by the voters.  What would happen if like Australia, voting was mandatory?  This is one of the many elements that causes me to deny the value of democracy.  Because citizens don't value it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"CHAZ FACES FOURTH SHOOTING IN THREE DAYS, DEMOCRAT POLITICIAN SHOCKED WHEN FAR LEFT BEATS HIM UP" .... Time for all the Dems to take the Red Pill or they need to go to the FEMA camps

"LEFTISTS TRY AUTONOMOUS ZONE IN DC SAYING TRUMP HAS NO RIGHT TO ENFORCE LAW, CIVIL WAR ENCROACHES" .... Trump doesn't have the right.  The mayor of DC has the right, same as the mayor of Seattle.  If you have chumps for mayors, D or R, then defenestrate the worthless shits.  A proper mayor doesn't need the county, state or Fed to order them to do their damn job.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

In NC, Lynda Bennett lost her primary after being endorsed by Trump.  She had pledged to support Trump's perversely inaccurately-named "America First" agenda.  What a shame.