Previously 'The big ol' 2020 debate', turned Baruch's personal waste bin.

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 27, 2020, 06:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on May 17, 2020, 07:26:26 PMI think they know if they win, and don't fulfill their promises, there might not be a Democrat (or Republican) party once it's all said and done.
My (hopefully wrong) impression is the opposite: if they can win without fulfilling promises, then they will not need to honor any promises again and this can just become a Big Donor party, at least unofficially.  Hey, it worked for the Republicans.  Then we truly will be screwed because the two-party system doesn't allow for viable third parties, so if both parties become unresponsive to the people, then the people will be effectively shut out of the process.  A democracy in name only.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 17, 2020, 07:52:30 PM
My (hopefully wrong) impression is the opposite: if they can win without fulfilling promises, then they will not need to honor any promises again and this can just become a Big Donor party, at least unofficially.  Hey, it worked for the Republicans.  Then we truly will be screwed because the two-party system doesn't allow for viable third parties, so if both parties become unresponsive to the people, then the people will be effectively shut out of the process.  A democracy in name only.

That assumes the Union survives this pandemic even if they don't take drastic steps. I'm not sure that's going to happen; without a dramatic overhaul of our economic system, the working class is going to continue to suffer, and we are seeing the right-wing (and the left-wing as well, in isolated places) growing increasingly vocal and increasingly violent. If the "left" Democrats don't improve the living standards for everyone, I wouldn't be surprised if these armed nutjobs who are storming State capitals start to use their guns for more than just intimidation... and once that happens, who knows whats next?

A side note that is I've been thinking about lately, I always hear that an armed populous is good for forcing the government to listen to what you have to say, a form of checks and balances by the people. What seems to me more the case is that it's a good way to intimidate minorities and people with different ideologies from the State from saying anything. It only seems to be pro-big (right-wing) government nuts who carry assault rifles around in public, never people who are opposed to the state.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 17, 2020, 07:52:30 PM

"if both parties become unresponsive to the people" ... since 1965 at the latest.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 17, 2020, 07:26:26 PM
Perhaps one positive coming out of this crisis is it looks like it's making the Democrats realise that drastic changes have to be made. I think they know if they win, and don't fulfill their promises, there might not be a Democrat (or Republican) party once it's all said and done.

My guess is once things stabilize a bit they will slip back into their old habits, but who knows. And who knows if their drastic changes will be drastic enough... I'm not going to hold my breath on it, but we will see.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/17/us/politics/joe-biden-economy-democrats.html?referringSource=articleShare

They could always try something popular with regular people, not just with feral college students ;-)

If both parties were broken up, then the US could be more like Italy, easier to corrupt and control by the FBI/CIA/CCP.  You know that both of these institutions were founded by pro-Roman Catholics, right?

People who oppose the government, in the US, use bike locks ;-))  Fools!  You must say nasty things on Twitter instead!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"OCASIO CORTEZ REFUSES TO PAY FAIR SHARE, WARRANT ISSUED OVER UNPAID TAXES SHE REFUSES TO PAY" ... old business tax bill for $2000 that she forgot to pay and IRS forgot to collect ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

In other news ...

"United Nations Claims It's Politically-Incorrect To Say "Husband" Or "Wife"" ... also they oppose "boyfriend" and "girlfriend".  I support ... kick the UN out of the US

"'City Of 400 Foreign Ships' Illegally Fishing Off Argentina Comes To Life Each Night" ... it isn't just the Dutch and French stealing all the British fish

"Veterans Affairs Police Buy Riot Gear, Citing COVID-19 Pandemic" ... militarization of all Federal agencies with their own mini-armies continues.  Maybe we will break up like China during the warlord period?

"The Sun "Has Gone Into Lockdown", And This Strange Behavior Could Worsen Global Food Shortages" ... expected to drop average temperature by 2 deg C ... cause major climate changes.  Trust the science ;-)  Will be worsened by permanent shutdown of most of the world economy?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"TO DEFEND BIDEN, THE NYT SAYS BELIEVE ALL WOMEN IS A "RIGHT WING TRAP"" ... Dems are conspiracy theorists about Rs, Rethugs are conspiracy theorists about Ds.  Lock both up in the sanatarium.

PS ...

"Ukraine Judge Orders Joe Biden Listed As Alleged Perpetrator Of Crime In Prosecutor's Firing" ... getting hot in Kiev

"Feds Find Cozy Connections Nationwide Between China & University Professors" ... the dim sum trail is a dead giveaway ;-)

"Stocks, Yuan Tick Lower As Senate Passes Bill That Could Force De-Listing Of Chinese Companies" ... jump the shark, I dare you ;-(

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"NYT SAYS TESLA OWNERS ARE SCARED THE CARS ARE RIGHT WING NOW AFTER ELON MUSK SAYS TAKE THE RED PIL.." ... Dems are so liberal, we just need to get them to believe that all cars are conservative, and they will have to walk to the polls in November ;-)

"HILARIOUS WASHINGTON POST DAMAGE CONTROL ON THE BIDEN-POROSHENKO CALL" ... that and NYT, CCP outlets not worth a bird cage bottom.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Regime Change Back In Focus: Pompeo Targets Iran, Cuba & Venezuela In Epic Tweet Thread" ... new Axis of Evil, worked out so well last time ;-(

""Nothing Like This Has Happened Before": China To Invest $1 Trillion In New Plan To Overtake US In Tech" ... yes it did.  Americans, continue to buy iPhones so you can help China conquer you.

"Trump To Void 'Open Skies' Treaty With Russia On Friday" ... most confusing pro-Russia guy ever.

"US Outrages China With $180M Torpedoes-For-Taiwan Deal On Same Day President Sworn In" ... Taiwan president that is.  Dems will call for the extermination of Taiwan and Hong Kong yet?

"Trump In 'Desperate Effort To Steal Election' By Opposing Vote-By-Mail, Says DNC's Perez" ... just catching up with Dems who stole most elections from 1960 forward.  No vote without ID.  Vote-by-mail can work with that, the military on deployment does it.

"Trump: China Is "Desperate" For "Sleepy Joe Biden To Win"" ... China has totally subverted non-China.  We can trust them, right?

"FEMA is now hiring near you" ... are you D locking up R, or R locking up D?  Makes a big difference which FEMA camp you work at.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Democratic Party Official Admits He Took Bribes To Stuff Ballot Boxes" ... in 2014, 2015 and 2016.  Just say no to voting.

"BIDEN VOTER SAYS SHE'D SUPPORT HIM EVEN IF HE ATE BOILED BABIES, THEYVE GONE NUTS" ... former Hillary voter and fan of Comet Pizza joint
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Why do you post so many Onion headlines?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 21, 2020, 09:44:53 PM
Why do you post so many Onion headlines?

Why do you share with us the content of your counseling sessions? ;-)

Reality today is Onion headlines, because CIA narrative writers have made the Onion obsolete.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Biden Apologizes For 'Cavalier' Racism During Damage Control Call With Black Leaders" ... open mouth, insert food.  Pols never learn.  Everyone knows that LBJ set up a new plantation in 1965.

"Obama's Ambassador To Beijing Compares Trump To Hitler On Chinese TV" ... have him executed when he gets back to the US.  Chinese agent.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Questions Over Chinese Influence Emerge After Biden Charitable Organizations Refuse To Disclose Funding" ... if you can look up my ass, I can look up your ass ;-)  Biden made big arrangements with three charities when he left office in 2017 ... what about that $1.3 billion private equity deal, that Hunter Biden inked with China in 2013, mere weeks after both Bidens flew to China on Air Force Two?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Greece Charges Turkey With 'Land Invasion' After Troops Cross River, Raise Turkish Flag" ... what is Biden's position regarding Crazy Erdogan?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.