Previously 'The big ol' 2020 debate', turned Baruch's personal waste bin.

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 27, 2020, 06:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 10, 2020, 09:03:34 PM
I learned how to drive a rickshaw by watching Seinfeld.

Better I guess, than being one of the Emperor's eunuchs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Watching the latest John Oliver, this time talking about something less depressing than the death of hundreds of thousands of people to the Corona virus and instead talking about the loss of employment of hundreds of thousands of workers and the desecration of one of America's oldest institutions, the USPS, being absolutely gutted and anally fucked, bipartisanly at that and beginning in Obama's reign, makes me more and more convinced that the only way we will see meaningful change is when both the Democrats and the Republicans and thrown out of office, by force if necessary (but also utterly unlikely and impossible. At best we can hope it collapses peacefully enough that rational heads can take over instead of just who is most ruthless).

America is officially a failed state. It was a good run, a wonderful experiment, but it's dead. The Legislative and Judicial branches are the lapdogs of the Executive branch, which is the lap dog of corporate interests and corrupt parties that only view the world in "red vs blue" lenses. The DoJ answers exclusively to the president, not the law, and anyone who questions this is subject to being imprisoned and silenced.

Trump, Biden... it doesn't really matter anymore. The ship is sunk, regardless of who is at the wheel.

Just enjoy the band playing while the Titanic sinks. The rich already hogged all the lifeboats, so might as well at least enjoy the music while you drown.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

At first it seems odd that our leaders are so dedicated to getting rid of the post office, especially considering that the post office is self supporting.  Although to be fair, I have not heard the old lie that it's too expensive to fund in recent years.  Yes, people can email and text, and junk mail could simply be eliminated. I believe the reason for under funding the USPS is to make way for private enterprise.  UPS and FedEx have no doubt bought a yacht or two for Congress, but they are not very well equipped to deliver anything but packages.  But with government subsidies and some investment of their own, they could be.  But where does the consumer fit in when private enterprise and profit motives raise consumer costs once the market it cornered?

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 11, 2020, 05:19:03 AM
Watching the latest John Oliver, this time talking about something less depressing than the death of hundreds of thousands of people to the Corona virus and instead talking about the loss of employment of hundreds of thousands of workers and the desecration of one of America's oldest institutions, the USPS, being absolutely gutted and anally fucked, bipartisanly at that and beginning in Obama's reign, makes me more and more convinced that the only way we will see meaningful change is when both the Democrats and the Republicans and thrown out of office, by force if necessary (but also utterly unlikely and impossible. At best we can hope it collapses peacefully enough that rational heads can take over instead of just who is most ruthless).

America is officially a failed state. It was a good run, a wonderful experiment, but it's dead. The Legislative and Judicial branches are the lapdogs of the Executive branch, which is the lap dog of corporate interests and corrupt parties that only view the world in "red vs blue" lenses. The DoJ answers exclusively to the president, not the law, and anyone who questions this is subject to being imprisoned and silenced.

Trump, Biden... it doesn't really matter anymore. The ship is sunk, regardless of who is at the wheel.

Just enjoy the band playing while the Titanic sinks. The rich already hogged all the lifeboats, so might as well at least enjoy the music while you drown.

I have been a critic of the government since the 60s.  But the USPS thing took me by surprise!  A nation of the UPS, by FedEx, for Congressional grifters.  This started with Sen Feinstein's husband getting small post office buildings on the cheap, as they were closed deliberately.  Sen Feinstein is a known Chinese agent (had a CCP operative as her driver for 20 years).  Benjamin Franklin is the founder of the post office.  But it has been overtaken by "benjamins" changing hands.  Thank you voters ... you had a good run, enjoy your FEMA camps and in-US Chinese slave factories.  One thing that alienated the post office from public support is junk mail ... something they are ordered to subsidize by Congress (who listens carefully to lobbyists for over 200 years now).

Also the Federal Reserve has not yet eliminated all competition ...

http://dollarsandsense.org/archives/2013/0613scher.html

We could all have free checking at the post office.  Maybe even win a toaster premium for a big deposit!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

""A Legal Nightmare": In Latest European "Freakshow", EU Threatens To Sue Germany Over QE Ruling" ... uniquely, it is against the German constitution, for EU law to be superior to German law.  This is why the recent court ruling against "EU bonds" in general and the "Security Mechanism" instituted to handle internal loans (not grants like bonds would be) to Cyprus/Greece in 2013/2015 and planned for the post-Covid recovery ... is a great bother.  This reaction by Brussels may make Germany the next state to leave the EU (as predicted by some before).  The German public will never allow that they are equals to other EU states (aka bankrupt simps).

"DEMOCRATS WANT BIDEN TO CHOOSE WARREN AS RUNNING MATE, PROVING THEY ARE NUTS" ... they are trying to corner the upset Bernie voters.  But Biden has to make Bernie the running mate to do that.  Warren came in 3rd in her home state!!  Bernie as Biden VP is our best chance at a communist coup.  Probably much better than Fuhrer Hillary burning the Reichstag.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Shiranu on May 11, 2020, 05:19:03 AM

The US is far from being an 'officially' failed state totally void of rule of law, basic services and essential commodities. Nonetheless it is at least a partially failed state, unable to fulfill the 'ideals' that it supposedly holds dear.  I have hope that millennials will aspire to those ideals in the very, very near future. The ruling class has become so relatively wealthy and dominant. This election will be telling. If gen-xrs and millennials vote in large numbers this November that will be the first signal that they will control our destiny. If they don't participate then yes...this is the beginning of the end of the US and the fake capitalist system that is rigged to reward corruption and failure in a downward spiral towards anarchy.

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on May 11, 2020, 09:13:08 AM
At first it seems odd that our leaders are so dedicated to getting rid of the post office, especially considering that the post office is self supporting.  Although to be fair, I have not heard the old lie that it's too expensive to fund in recent years.  Yes, people can email and text, and junk mail could simply be eliminated. I believe the reason for under funding the USPS is to make way for private enterprise.  UPS and FedEx have no doubt bought a yacht or two for Congress, but they are not very well equipped to deliver anything but packages.  But with government subsidies and some investment of their own, they could be.  But where does the consumer fit in when private enterprise and profit motives raise consumer costs once the market it cornered?
Back in 2005 the USPS had lots of money, so they announced that they would be converting their fleet to hybrid vehicles. The oil companies wouldn't have that, so they got the politicians to pass a law requiring USPS to fund their pensions at 5 billion a year to ensure that they could pay the pensions is postal workers who haven't even been born yet.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on May 11, 2020, 01:10:10 PM
The US is far from being an 'officially' failed state totally void of rule of law, basic services and essential commodities. Nonetheless it is at least a partially failed state, unable to fulfill the 'ideals' that it supposedly holds dear.  I have hope that millennials will aspire to those ideals in the very, very near future. The ruling class has become so relatively wealthy and dominant. This election will be telling. If gen-xrs and millennials vote in large numbers this November that will be the first signal that they will control our destiny. If they don't participate then yes...this is the beginning of the end of the US and the fake capitalist system that is rigged to reward corruption and failure in a downward spiral towards anarchy.
I agree with all you said, except for the last word.  If the next election fails, then we are not going into anarchy, but dictatorship--if trump wins, then he will accept it as a mandate to totally take over and he will.  But there will be law--donald's law.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 11, 2020, 01:22:31 PM
I agree with all you said, except for the last word.  If the next election fails, then we are not going into anarchy, but dictatorship--if trump wins, then he will accept it as a mandate to totally take over and he will.  But there will be law--donald's law.

I prefer Obama's law.  Cat food commission for seniors.  MikeCL ... got your Kibbles & Bits yet?

Yes, the world belongs to the 20-60 year olds.  They need to get at it!  Alas, the ideals of any nation, including the US, are lies.  Reality is for adults.  Pikachu Detective is for children.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on May 10, 2020, 08:28:34 PM
Why does this election matter to Hercule Poirot?  Y'all are going to be slaves in the Chinese Empire now.  Can you pull a rickshaw?

If you think it didn't have its influence in Europe who was commander in chief in the USA, you'd be a fool. But even if it didn't I do think I'm allowed to create a thread about something that might not influence me personally, but that I might find interesting and be of relevance to most on this site.
So, I'll leave he rickshaw comment be, if we can return to the shawshank situation.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 11, 2020, 04:24:20 PM
If you think it didn't have its influence in Europe who was commander in chief in the USA, you'd be a fool. But even if it didn't I do think I'm allowed to create a thread about something that might not influence me personally, but that I might find interesting and be of relevance to most on this site.
So, I'll leave he rickshaw comment be, if we can return to the shawshank situation.

Didn't mean to be personal.  Must suck to have no vote at all in that, vs a fake vote that American citizens get ;-)

I value very highly the non-US posters.  Less delusion or at least better educated delusion ;-)

The rickshaw was suggested to me by Unbeliever's post.  It is well known that Europeans are more fit, because they get more exercise.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Soros Has "Faith That Trump Will Destroy Himself", Fears "Weakened" Xi, Sees "Existential Risk" For EU" ... evil Bilderburgers.  Vote Hot Dog Now!

"YouTube CEO Admits Users Don't Like Boosting Of "Authoritative" Mainstream Channels, But They Do It Anyway" ... YouTube owned by Google, Google owned by CIA.

"You're Being Conditioned To Live In A "Smart City" â€" Resist It!" ... Pavlov's dogs.  Drool you fools!  The little bell is ringing!

The only way to fight China, is to become China ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"DEMOCRATS SNEAK IN LOOPHOLE ENDING VOTER ID LAWS INTO COVID RELIEF BILL" ... part of three trillion new proposal.  Make all Mexicans US citizens now!  Dead Americans have been voting for decades now.

PS ...

"Facebook Creates Lobbying Group To Argue Big Tech Is "Essential To Free Speech"" ... essential for Boomers still using Facebook

"Europe In Crisis: German Judges Strike Back, Say ECB Isn't "Master Of The Universe"" ... will Germany exit the EU?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Greta Thunberg Repurposed For CNN Town Hall On Coronavirus" ... CNN, Communist News Network

PS ....

Harris a good VP for Biden?

"Undercover journalist suing Kamala Harris for conspiring to violate his civil rights through prosecution" ... she has a history
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"New Facial Recognition Software Predicts You're A Criminal Based On Your Looks" ... better than measuring bumps on the head (lack fo social distancing).  I don't need software, I go by "beady eyes" ;-(

"Cop Who Hid While Parkland Students Were Slaughtered Wins Job Back, Plus Back Pay And Overtime" ... ultimate reward for non-participation

PS ... what about masks.  Will this software see thru my Covid mask?  Or is that how it identifies if I am a criminal .. because I am not wearing one?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.