Previously 'The big ol' 2020 debate', turned Baruch's personal waste bin.

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 27, 2020, 06:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 01, 2020, 12:22:25 PM
Thankfully, that was the only time his memory was a bit hazy.

If you like paying 25% interest on your credit cards, thank Delaware Biden, the state that most supports corrupt corporations.

If Covid stops the Dem convention in Milwaukee, move it to Beijing, because they have Covid under control there ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE-QsIAta_8
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 01, 2020, 12:22:25 PM
Thankfully, that was the only time his memory was a bit hazy.

Literally the only thing I can think of at this point is the Dems want to lose because Trump has been a massive boon for their fundraising. Keeping the #VoteBlueNoMatterWho crowd riled up and angry means more people throwing their money at the party thinking they will fix things and get the dumbass out of the White House.

It's either massive money or massive egos that are making the Democrats do everything in their power to lose this election, or maybe both. But there is no way the Dems are actually taking this election seriously, I refuse to believe that given literally every step the party has taken has been the worst possible step they could take.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Sal1981

I just wonder how the playing field would be in the U.S. if there were more than 3 political parties there. I don't count the independents as a party.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 01, 2020, 12:37:22 PM
Literally the only thing I can think of at this point is the Dems want to lose because Trump has been a massive boon for their fundraising. Keeping the #VoteBlueNoMatterWho crowd riled up and angry means more people throwing their money at the party thinking they will fix things and get the dumbass out of the White House.

It's either massive money or massive egos that are making the Democrats do everything in their power to lose this election, or maybe both. But there is no way the Dems are actually taking this election seriously, I refuse to believe that given literally every step the party has taken has been the worst possible step they could take.

Wait until Hillary replaces Joe ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on May 01, 2020, 12:52:46 PM
I just wonder how the playing field would be in the U.S. if there were more than 3 political parties there. I don't count the independents as a party.

While the system reinforces the two party system (but parliamentary systems do not) ... if the Americans took term limits seriously, or simply refused to vote for organized crime syndicates ... there could be more parties on a practical level.  We support organized crime syndicates because we are ... criminals.  We support everything Chinese because we are traitors.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Sal1981 on May 01, 2020, 12:52:46 PM

The major problem is the requirements to be a third party in the United States are absolutely insane compared to the rest of the West. You have to be a party of hundreds of millions of dollars to realistically even be able to have a voice, and that's just not going to happen.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 01, 2020, 01:02:58 PM
The major problem is the requirements to be a third party in the United States are absolutely insane compared to the rest of the West. You have to be a party of hundreds of millions of dollars to realistically even be able to have a voice, and that's just not going to happen.

If MSM dominates elections, you are right (I mean Left).  Why allow MSM to dominate elections?  Do you know how much money it takes for a 30 second political video advert?  Make the MSM give free coverage to all parties and all candidates?  That and real term limits would revolutionize the US.

"US election to be riddled with deepfakes" ... and that is just the candidates ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Oregon County Says "No Whites Allowed"" ... county employees at one county in Oregon are trying to act like college student crybabies ... at this point, after a lifetime of sympathy for African-Americans ... my sympathy ends.  Either that or nobody gets hired until they pass 30 years of age (inverse Logan's Run).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Literally the only thing I can think of at this point is the Dems want to lose because Trump has been a massive boon for their fundraising.
But if their centrist nominee loses, wouldn't that be a huge wakeup call to the Dems?  And next time, they'll make damn sure they appeal to the base - solid lefties - so their base is fully motivated to vote for them.  Right?

Or they could assume that they need to go further to the right and nominate some lukewarm centrist and alienate their own base in order to broaden their appeal with old-school center-right "centrists" (who are either pushing walkers or pushing daisies at this point) as well as Republicans who definitely won't vote for them.

Either one sounds equally viable.

GSOgymrat

I think Democrats are taking this election very seriously. My friends and family who are Democrats have been fretting this year more than any election I can think of. Clearly progressives think Bernie should have been the candidate but a LOT of Democrats apparently don't want the serious, systemic changes that Bernie and progressives advocate. According to Pew Research, 54 percent of Democrats identify as either moderate or conservative. The voting pattern of this primary indicates that progressive Democrats currently comprise 30-35% of the party. Progressives obviously think Biden is a bad choice, and he may be, but it seems likely one of the centrist candidates was going to win.

Right now, Biden is the presumptive Democratic candidate. With new attention to these allegations of rape, it is entirely possible that Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg, and Klobuchar could unsuspend their campaigns. Right-wing media could actually assist Democrats who are concerned about these allegations to pressure Biden to withdraw. Perhaps with some polite fiction about Biden's health, he could step down and endorse another candidate. The Democratic convention isn't until August.

Baruch

Elections ... A Left candidate doesn't get a plurality, a Right candidate doesn't get a plurality, a Centrist candidate doesn't get a plurality, because the electorate is a wide spectrum that agrees on nothing.  It is a miracle anyone actually gets a majority of votes cast (and/or electoral college to prevent domination by LA and NYC).  Even in a large state like California, there are calls for an internal electoral college, because S California doesn't agree with N California, and doesn't want San Francisco to turn state-wide elections, even more so in NY, where NYC means that upstate NY is ignored.  There are calls for secession within states.  Just look at the electoral map of Michigan ... Detroit should be its own state.  The US was designed in a time without big cities, when most people were farmers.  The metro-areas should be their own states.  Metro areas have been a problem since the days of ancient Rome.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 02, 2020, 09:07:13 AMa LOT of Democrats apparently don't want the serious, systemic changes that Bernie and progressives advocate
Spurred on by the open hostility of Party leadership and their wealthy backers, who echo Republican sentiments (and stances)

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 02, 2020, 09:59:52 AM
Spurred on by the open hostility of Party leadership and their wealthy backers, who echo Republican sentiments (and stances)

Bernie Bros are controlled opposition.  Bernie is a bait-and-switch shill/grifter.  The Left would do better moving to Venezuela.

"THE WHO NOW PRAISES SWEDEN FOR ITS CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE" ... proof they are a utopia just like China ;-)

Yes, Munch, all the old people "should" die, sooner or later.  It is what nature requires.  Nobody likes this of course, except bad people.  But all people are bad ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on May 01, 2020, 10:45:10 AM
People think they can get into the "mind" of Trump, while having said he is stupid or insane.  What does that say about you..
That we can walk through a shallow puddle without getting wet.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on May 02, 2020, 11:06:30 AM
That we can walk through a shallow puddle without getting wet.

Yes, woke people are Mother Teresa's stormtoopers ... bwahah.  Go probe Bernie's head or Biden's head.  Not much there either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.