Previously 'The big ol' 2020 debate', turned Baruch's personal waste bin.

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 27, 2020, 06:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

My biggest complaint against both major parties, is their craven incompetence!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Baruch on April 25, 2020, 10:38:55 AM
"1993 CNN Clip Unearthed Of Biden Accuser's Mother Telling Larry King Of "Problems" With "Prominent Senator"" ... videotape and Internet are the enemies of all politicians.

"CNN CAUGHT COVERING UP FOR JOE BIDEN??! OLD 1993 LARRY KING EPISODE WITH EVIDENCE DISAPPEARS" .. Biden isn't mumbling, he is fluent in New Speak.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

You know, y'all keep preaching your gospel of despair.  The rest of us have a country to reclaim, and whether it's by evolution rather than revolution, we're going to do it.  Bitching and moaning will accomplish fuck-all, adn if you genuinely believe there would be no difference whatsoever between a Biden presidency and four more years of the Oval Orifice, you're a fucking idiot, even stupider than the MAGA-hatted knuckledraggers.

I have a suggestion.  Get the fuck over yourselves and do what you can now, so we can do more next time.

Or, keep pissing and moaning and be both useless and meaningless.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/494475-progressive-groups-call-on-biden-to-remove-economic-advisor

Apparently Larry Summers, who worked for the Clinton and Obama campaign, is one of Biden's economic advisors. Some of his key issues were giving the banks massive bailout loans without stipulations and supporting the XL-Keystone pipeline. He is also an ardent opponent to the idea that there should be a wealth tax on the most wealthy individuals.

Oh, that as well as suggesting that women are inherently bad at math and science and that's why they aren't well represented in STEM fields... or this gem of a quote...

Birds of a feather flock together.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: trdsf on April 26, 2020, 04:12:06 AM
You know, y'all keep preaching your gospel of despair.  The rest of us have a country to reclaim, and whether it's by evolution rather than revolution, we're going to do it.  Bitching and moaning will accomplish fuck-all, adn if you genuinely believe there would be no difference whatsoever between a Biden presidency and four more years of the Oval Orifice, you're a fucking idiot, even stupider than the MAGA-hatted knuckledraggers.

I have a suggestion.  Get the fuck over yourselves and do what you can now, so we can do more next time.

Normal people who are considering voting Democrat: "Biden is a deeply flawed candidate and we shouldn't ignore these issues because it will make it much harder for the Democrats to find support, something they desperately need if they want any realistic chance of beating Trump in the election. It would be nice to see Biden and/or the DNC address these issues rather than just repeat, 'Well at least he isn't Trump, so why are you complaining?' because that sets a terrible moral precedent, particularly when you are the party that runs on moral high-ground campaign and doubly so when you are the party of 'MeToo' and 'IBelieveWomen' and yet use the exact same arguments Republicans did against women like Ford."

Dems: "GO FUCK YOURSELF, YOU FUCKING RUSSIANS. YOU'RE FUCKING STUPIDER THAN TRUMP SUPPORTERS, YOU FUCKING MORONS. YOU JUST HATE AMERICA YOU WHINY LITTLE BITCHES, YOU ARE VOTING FOR TRUMP BECAUSE YOU HATE US! GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELF!!!!!!"

Normal People: "Okay then... what policies does the Biden campaign have to address fundamental issues with America that existed long before Trump took office, such as wealth inequality, skyrocketing student debt, housing and commodity prices outpacing worker wages, corporations stripping worker rights and benefits, a large chunk of the population being unable to afford health care, climate change being an immediate issue..."

Dems: "GO FUCK YOURSELF HE ISN'T TRUMP ISN'T THAT GOOD ENOUGH? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU KNUCKLEDRAGGERS JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP AND SUPPORT US, HONESTLY YOU PEOPLE ARE THE FUCKING WORSE FOR NOT JUST GETTING OVER YOURSELVES!"

Yeah, I think I know why Trump is going to have 4 more years in office at this rate.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

You know, y'all keep preaching your gospel of despair.
Oh, I'm sorry, were those facts not to your liking?

SGOS

I don't think 4 more years of Trump is a given, but if he loses, it will be of his own doing, not because of Biden.  I heard one pollster who predicted Trump's victory 4 years ago say that he would loose this year, no matter what candidate the Dems nominate.  But that was based on just one prediction from a new pollster on the scene who is batting 1000, based on getting 1 out of 1 prediction correct, and this is from 6 months ago.

Baruch

Larry Summers is one of the least regarded economists of the past 20 years.  He is a dupe as well was being a misogynist.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/09/the-comprehensive-case-against-larry-summers/279651/

Being a support for D administrations is as bad a recommendation as being a support for R administrations.  That is why as a true contrarian, I only support Centrist skeptical thinking.  Like Professor Steve Keen in GB (formerly Australia).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Evolution will do it.  But it takes a long time, and people are impatient (fueled by advertising of fake prosperity).  The end point of 20 more years of change, might not be to anyone's liking.  That is the myth of progress.  Change will come, but change don't give a damn about your D or R fantasies.  The past 20 years, and the 20 years before that, and the 20 years before that ... proves this.

Revolutions happen in failed societies (Czarist Russia).  Society collapses, and someone has to pick the pieces back up.  Stalin, Hitler, Mao.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Twitter CEO Unveils Feature To "Editorialize" Trump's Tweets As Election Looms" ... difference between a publisher and an aggregator.  Different laws apply, but YouTube and Twitter and Facebook act as publishers while claiming to be aggregators.  And as aggregators, they are stealing personal data for sale to the highest bidder.  I don't mind the days when there were two newspapers in town, a D-paper and an R-paper ... both of which only printed lies about The Other.  At least they weren't pretending to be fair and balanced.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: SGOS on April 26, 2020, 09:52:33 AM
I don't think 4 more years of Trump is a given, but if he loses, it will be of his own doing, not because of Biden.  I heard one pollster who predicted Trump's victory 4 years ago say that he would loose this year, no matter what candidate the Dems nominate.  But that was based on just one prediction from a new pollster on the scene who is batting 1000, based on getting 1 out of 1 prediction correct, and this is from 6 months ago.

I don't know if I would say it's a given, but I certainly wouldn't put money on him losing.

That said,if the Democrats can at the very least make some real concessions to the center instead of the right, or nominate a progressive VP, then I think Biden actually does stand a chance of winning.

Unfortunately they don't seem to be doing the first, and my guess is the VP will be another dyed-in-the-wool party Dem. I hope he shocks me and proves me wrong, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on April 26, 2020, 09:52:33 AM
I don't think 4 more years of Trump is a given, but if he loses, it will be of his own doing, not because of Biden.
He does have slightly less support lately.  (It's unclear how much of that was due to his supporters drinking bleach)  And we'll see if royally botching a deadly pandemic will hurt his poll numbers in the long term.  But yeah, this seems to be more about people not liking Trump than people liking Biden, which is a huge shame.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 26, 2020, 11:12:17 AM
I don't know if I would say it's a given, but I certainly wouldn't put money on him losing.

That said,if the Democrats can at the very least make some real concessions to the center instead of the right, or nominate a progressive VP, then I think Biden actually does stand a chance of winning.

Unfortunately they don't seem to be doing the first, and my guess is the VP will be another dyed-in-the-wool party Dem. I hope he shocks me and proves me wrong, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that.

Kamala Harris is another non-African-American (Jamaican descent instead of Kenyan descent) ... who has White ancestors who kept slaves, and who as prosecutor locked up known-innocent African-American men.  Not a liberal at all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 26, 2020, 11:32:05 AM
He does have slightly less support lately.  (It's unclear how much of that was due to his supporters drinking bleach)  And we'll see if royally botching a deadly pandemic will hurt his poll numbers in the long term.  But yeah, this seems to be more about people not liking Trump than people liking Biden, which is a huge shame.

Only Dems drink bleach, and I wish more would ;-)  Low IQ tends to cluster in their party ;-))

It is a shame people don't like Biden?  Or a shame that the Primary system is a shambles (two elections in a row).  Are you attracted to Biden's leg hairs?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on April 26, 2020, 12:26:45 PM
Kamala Harris is another non-African-American (Jamaican descent instead of Kenyan descent) ... who has White ancestors who kept slaves, and who as prosecutor locked up known-innocent African-American men.  Not a liberal at all.

I'm still not sure if I think her or Biden were the worst possible choice. Her laughing during an interview about smoking pot while in college while also being a prosecutor who threw hundreds of people into jail for doing the same really rubbed me the wrong way.