Previously 'The big ol' 2020 debate', turned Baruch's personal waste bin.

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 27, 2020, 06:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 08, 2020, 10:58:43 PM
I honestly don't know. I feel like we are becoming one, but it's also based on our minority and youth population, both of which don't generally vote.

You have plenty of local candidates to support, particularly if you are in Austin.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on April 09, 2020, 09:25:26 AM
I am just so.  Fucking.  Tired.  of politics in this country.  It used to be interesting, now it's just nauseating.  I'm tired of Republican fascism and their knuckledragger supporters lining up droolingly behind them without one functioning brain cell to call their own.  I'm tired of Democrats reliably forming a circular firing squad while their knuckledragger supporters scatter like a herd of cats on speed, so wrapped up in their personal agendas that their individual 'big pictures' measure one pixel wide and one pixel high.  I'm tired of news geared towards driving their owners' bottom line rather than actual journalism.

So.

Fucking.

Tired.

Supporters like the Bundy family?

"MILITIA ANNOUNCES THAT COVID LOCKDOWN WILL NOT STOP EASTER WORSHIP, CONSTITUTION MUST BE DEFENDED" .. more 1980s fun in N Idaho from one of the Bundy family ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

I think people here are more pragmatic than in 2016.  Less Feminist hysteria ;-(  The Overton window has shifted in a good way for y'all ...

"The Overton window is the range of policies politically acceptable to the mainstream population at a given time. It is also known as the window of discourse."

I think y'all will get past the "vote for least bad" same as I did, eventually.  But you get there by having a more successful pre-election activity, starting the day after the election.  Get involved locally.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Actually good news: Biden releases policy plans to expand Medicare, forgive student debt

QuoteBiden announced Thursday he would lower the Medicare eligibility age to 60 and forgive federal student debt for low-income and middle-class people who attended public colleges and universities, historically black colleges and universities (HBCU), and underfunded minority-serving institution (MSI).

The proposals mark an initial olive branch to supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), some of whom have expressed skepticism at Biden’s centrist brand of politics and were dismayed when the Vermont progressive withdrew from the race Wednesday. Biden specifically referenced Sanders’s advocacy for the two issues in a Medium post announcing his plans.

QuoteThe former vice president has embraced Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s (D-Mass.) student debt plan and Sanders’s idea to make public colleges and universities free for families whose income is below $125,000.
We partially have Sanders and Warren to thank for this, though it was nice of Biden to embrace this shift from the status quo.

This right here is how you win over people and build bridges: meet them halfway and fight for shared policy goals.  Keep news like this coming and it will be far easier to talk people into voting for Biden.

Draconic Aiur

"B,b,but he's a sex offender"

Shiranu

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on April 10, 2020, 12:47:50 AM

You know, I was tempted to say that actually tempted me to vote for Biden, seeing him (and hopefully) the party recognize that it's progressive side needs to be listened to, but now I might just vote for Trump as a fuck you.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

With Donald Trump, sexual assault is no longer a political issue for Republicans, the Christian Right, or the Media.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on April 10, 2020, 12:47:50 AM

Per most women about most men ... he is a sex offender (woman didn't reach orgasm).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 10, 2020, 12:59:38 AM
You know, I was tempted to say that actually tempted me to vote for Biden, seeing him (and hopefully) the party recognize that it's progressive side needs to be listened to, but now I might just vote for Trump as a fuck you.

Dems love their sex offenders, but President Harding (R) did it first ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 10, 2020, 07:27:17 AM
With Donald Trump, sexual assault is no longer a political issue for Republicans, the Christian Right, or the Media.

It shouldn't be an issue at all, just like robbery and murder.  I can respect a crime lord a lot better than a politician ;-)  Geraldine Ferraro could have been our first NYC Mafia connected VP.  If you don't think Donald Trump is Mafia, you don't know NYC.

I remember when anti-war was a policy of the Dems ... they change their mind ever 20 years or so.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteIf you don't think Donald Trump is Mafia, you don't know NYC.

His mistake is working with the Bratva rather than the Cosa Nostra organizations.

Looks a lot worse on one's resumé. Unlike the Russians, Sicilians at least weren't recognized enemies of the State.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

"New Poll: Democrats Want To Ditch Joe Biden For Andrew Cuomo" ... polls can be trusted, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

I take back what I said; Biden's "new" Medical plan is a fucking joke.

The college is still a very good step in the right direction. I'll have to look up if he has any specifics for how it would be done now.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 10, 2020, 06:21:09 PM
I take back what I said; Biden's "new" Medical plan is a fucking joke.

The college is still a very good step in the right direction. I'll have to look up if he has any specifics for how it would be done now.

Past tense ... it was Obama's worst move, getting in bed with loansharks to expand opportunity to go to college ;-(.  Just make those loans dischargeable in bankruptcy (they aren't now).  That is just a trillion dollars if students can dump on the loansharks.  That is a one time thing.

Universal medical is much more money than that.  No sane person, under current circumstances, can promise free health care in the US.  In Rhode Island, maybe.  Try it there first.  Then expand out (RI coverage) if it works.  Not like Obama and ACA ... supposedly worked in Massachusetts, then let Congress make it into a monster and expand it to the other 49 states in one jump.  Medical subsidy is hugely expensive, and happens year on year.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Governor Gavin Newsom (CA) has a Freudian slip?

"CALIFORNIA "DECLARES INDEPENDENCE" REFERRING TO CA AS "NATION STATE" ... click-bait, but Newsom did refer to his state as a nation-state.  Is he the next Rick Perry, former governor of Texas, who acted all Jefferson Davis a few years ago?  Hope not.  Civil War 2.0 is with nukes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.