Previously 'The big ol' 2020 debate', turned Baruch's personal waste bin.

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 27, 2020, 06:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on March 29, 2020, 06:10:32 PM
Yeah, the Democrat's really should go with a senile old man who can barely string a sentence together and has a history of sexual harassment. That seems like a winning strategy.

Actually, given who the current president is... maybe they actually are onto something.
The boomers (and democratic establishment) have never been wrong about anything before.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on March 29, 2020, 06:37:00 PM
You have confidence in Biden? ;-( 

Governor Cuomo is zipping around personally curing old people in a borrowed Flash suit?

Anyone who isn't a Dem (Tucker Carlson) is a Nazi/Racist?

I said none of those things.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on March 29, 2020, 10:14:32 AM
Tucker Carlson Insists Biden ‘Will Not Be The Democratic Nominee.’ Here’s Who He Predicts Will Assume The Mantle

To cut the click-bait, he says Andrew Cuomo.

Take it for what you will, he may or may not be right about the first half of his prediction.  If he is right about the first half, he may or may not be right about the second half.

The only think I can think of about his commentary is thus: if it is not Biden, and therefore if it is anyone except Sanders, the Sanders supporters are going to go nuts.
And that may be exactly the kind of discord Carlson's trying to sow.  As it stands, I don't have a lot of faith in Carlson's prognosticative abilities in the first place, so I feel safe just dismissing his opinion.  He's just trying to cause trouble to try to distract attention from a presidency in crisis.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Crisis?  Caused by the Yellow Peril?  Why was Obama or Bush or Clinton not a crisis?

Is conformism and checking your brain at the door, a good thing?  It is if you are an authoritarian looking to weaponize such people.

The idea that even in a family, people will have unanimity of purpose or of politics, ls dreaming.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on March 29, 2020, 06:37:32 PM
Hardly.  Michelle Obama is the Messiah ;-)

Shit, at this point I would take her over Biden even though she has literally no qualifications other than a functioning brain (which makes her more appealing than basically every other candidate than Bernie).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

"Truthdig staff laid off amid work stoppage" ... Left media just like the rest, it is all about selling laundry soap, not issues ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on March 30, 2020, 06:19:23 AM
Shit, at this point I would take her over Biden even though she has literally no qualifications other than a functioning brain (which makes her more appealing than basically every other candidate than Bernie).

I would be tempted.  Particularly if she really is "Michael".  Just to see people's heads pop off.  That is why I voted for Obama the first time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Correction to my previous post: Michelle is actually qualified in that she has a J.D. in law, which is about as close to "qualified" as someone can get and I don't doubt for a second she busted her ass off to get that. However the "qualifications" that would lead to her election are her last name, not her own personal achievements, and I'm not comfortable with being elected because of who your family is (looking at you, Clintons, Bushes, Obamas, and about 3/4th of all presidents in our history as we pretend we are so much more evolved than monarchies).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on March 30, 2020, 08:42:26 AM
Correction to my previous post: Michelle is actually qualified in that she has a J.D. in law, which is about as close to "qualified" as someone can get and I don't doubt for a second she busted her ass off to get that. However the "qualifications" that would lead to her election are her last name, not her own personal achievements, and I'm not comfortable with being elected because of who your family is (looking at you, Clintons, Bushes, Obamas, and about 3/4th of all presidents in our history as we pretend we are so much more evolved than monarchies).

The biggest Deep State criteria is ... are you related to the British Royals ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Trump's Approval Rating Soars As Media Seeks Blackout" ... giggle.  It was the MSM continuous opposition in 2016 that made Trump well known enough to get elected in the first place.  They are trying to avoid that, but the more they put Biden on TV, the fewer votes he will get.  I am not just Independent, but Dischordian.  The random actions of 7 billion people validate my position.  Government action is one Keystone Cops/Chinese Fire Brigade after another.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Bernie's out.

Smart to do it now and give the party time to come back together after a fractious campaign.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

The majority of dems - 77% - support Medicare for All, and now we're represented by a candidate who says he would veto it.

The outcome of this race wasn't decided by the people, it was decided by special interests and the mega-rich.  They determine policy now, not the people.  And they've decided that we're either going to get 4 more years of the dumpster fire of Trump or 4 years where nothing fundamentally changes for struggling Americans.  Either way, their interests are upheld and Americans' interests are ignored or eroded even further.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 08, 2020, 01:03:39 PM
The majority of dems - 77% - support Medicare for All, and now we're represented by a candidate who says he would veto it.

The outcome of this race wasn't decided by the people, it was decided by special interests and the mega-rich.  They determine policy now, not the people.  And they've decided that we're either going to get 4 more years of the dumpster fire of Trump or 4 years where nothing fundamentally changes for struggling Americans.  Either way, their interests are upheld and Americans' interests are ignored or eroded even further.

Not done yet.  Will the world's first remote electronic vaping convention choose him?  Superdelegates aren't so sure.  Also how long will his female VP choice let him live?  With an electronic convention, they don't have to worry about Bernie Bros burning Milwaukee down.  Also Bernie probably waited this long, because he was a little short in buying his 4th house ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

https://fair.org/home/nyt-writes-post-mortems-for-a-sanders-campaign-it-did-its-best-to-kill/

QuoteA March 30 Times article (3/30/20) discussed a Washington Post/ABC News poll that found Republicans are more excited to vote for Trump than Democrats are to vote for Biden. Just 24% of voters said they were “very enthusiastic” about voting for Biden in the presidential raceâ€"the lowest level of enthusiasm for a presidential candidate the Post and ABC have recorded in 20 years.

There was no mention of why many voters might be less excited to vote for Bidenâ€"aside from the fact that during the coronavirus, people are preoccupied. There was no mention, for example, of Medicare for All, a program that is extremely popular among Democratic votersâ€"76% supported it in the latest Morning Consult poll (4/1/20), up 9 points in net approval since the impact of the pandemic was widely feltâ€"but is decisively rejected by the former vice president, who says of the coronavirus crisis (NBCNews.com, 3/30/20), “Single payer will not solve that at all.”

The Times piece acknowledges that voter enthusiasm can be the critical difference between who shows up to polls and who stays home, but does not entertain the fact that Sanders’ voting base is notoriously dedicated and enthusiastic. The poll the article cited did not compare how excited citizens would be to vote for Sanders vs. Trump.

A 538 blog post (4/1/20) pointed out how former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had a similar enthusiasm problem in 2016 â€" one that ultimately cost her the presidency. The Times failed to draw that same parallel in the brief article that pointed out Biden’s enthusiasm gap.