Previously 'The big ol' 2020 debate', turned Baruch's personal waste bin.

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 27, 2020, 06:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

I don't know whether it was Boy Scouts, four years of ROTC or Jesse Helms but I've voted in every major election since I was eligible. Voting in a presidential election is almost symbolic but votes really do matter in local elections.

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 13, 2020, 01:42:44 AM
I don't know whether it was Boy Scouts, four years of ROTC or Jesse Helms but I've voted in every major election since I was eligible. Voting in a presidential election is almost symbolic but votes really do matter in local elections.
The last presidential election hinged on about 80,000 votes.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 13, 2020, 08:14:43 AM
The last presidential election hinged on about 80,000 votes.

Yes, but because of the electoral college and deep red or blue states some votes are more influential than others. Voting for the Democratic candidate in Alabama won't result in any electoral votes but voting Democrat in Michigan could make a real difference. We live in North Carolina, so our votes matter more than in many other states.

Baruch

March 17 Biden leading in Florida, Illinois, Ohio ... but Arizona?

Exciting Biden/Sanders debate this weekend.

Go Tulsi!

PS no Arizona poll more recent that last Monday (before last Primary round).

PPS new Arizona poll, Biden leading.  Bye bye Bernie.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Psychologist: Big Tech Will Use "Subliminal Methods" To Shift 15 Million Votes On Election Day" ... worked on me, I was brainwashed into not intending to vote this year, or ever after ;-)

"Democrats Want To Reverse Trump's Travel Bans Despite Coronavirus Spread" ... like moths drawn to a flame.

US military goes into partial lockdown ... next 60 days.  Military personnel, associated civilians, and their families are forbidden to travel outside their immediate work area.  I would be hip deep in this right now, if I hadn't retired.  Separate FOIA request also shows that the plan includes a requirement for Intel folks to keep 3 month of supplies handy (in case all stores are closed).  JIT supply chains mean there is only ever 3 days of Chinese junk on the shelves, and no local warehouses.

Meanwhile a pre-planned giant US to Europe military exercise is going ahead, in spite of the virus.  "We are from the USA, we are here to help you" ;-)  I thought it was to be Black Helicopters with UN troops arriving to "help" the US ;-)

If there is a general ban on internal travel, that means putting off the remaining primaries, the conventions and the election.  So hope we don't go full Italy. 

Seattle has already had a quarantine person run loose.  In Tel Aviv, a man who did this, got tackled by special forces in hazmat suits.  Here in the US we should use butterfly nets to capture all the nut jobs ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

In the pseudo-debate last night, both Sanders and Biden competing to who will have a woman VP.  Why Hillary, when Sarah Palin is helicopter ready? ;-)

Sorry, with Hillary as VP, Joe or Bernie will be resigned for health reasons or dead within a week of inauguration.  At least with a black hispanic women who is gay and trans-sexual things will be interesting ;-)

Was talking yesterday with a transexual man, half Polish, half Mayan, but all American.  Grew up in Illinois and Arkansas.  He is more Republican leaning than I am.  So good luck finding a VP to the left of Fidel Castro.

Identity politics is just getting people to play victim, so they can be pandered to and vote purchased, out on the Democrat plantation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

FFS joe, focus on policy, not identity politics.  No one cares if your running mate has green skin and a prehensile tail if your policies fail people who are hurting bad right now.

We are looking for a crisis management team, not the cast for a new drama series.

Baruch

Yes, American politics is a drama series.  That is why we now have a "reality show" host as President.  But I will no longer buy into this worn out Twin Peaks crap-alike.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Arizona - not tabulated yet
Ohio - delayed due to virus
Illinois - 58.3% Biden, 36.9% Sanders - as expected
Florida - 61.7% Biden, 22.8% Sanders - as expected
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Baruch on March 17, 2020, 11:49:02 PM
Arizona - not tabulated yet
Ohio - delayed due to virus
Illinois - 58.3% Biden, 36.9% Sanders - as expected
Florida - 61.7% Biden, 22.8% Sanders - as expected

Arizona - 43.6 Biden, 31.6 Sanders - as expected

Bernie stays in the race, hoping Biden keels over before he does!

Dems, most pathetic political party on the planet.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Biden Wins!?: Illinois News Station Airs Election Results Day Before Primary" ... joining Hillary and Dewey in the ranks of dubious election winners ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"ILHAN OMAR PRAISES TRUMP'S "INCREDIBLE" JOB DEALING WITH PANDEMIC, PROGRESSIVES SLAM DEMOCRATS"" ... AOC also praised Trump.  It is Pelosi and Schumer who are blocking the third tranche (money for deplorables).  Neo-lib Dems only want to please their Goldman-Sachs & Ukrainian oligarch masters.

The Art Of The Deal ... strikes again!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Gabbard has withdrawn and endorsed Biden ;-(  I still think highly of her.  Her lawsuit continues forward against Hitlery.

Warren hasn't endorsed anyone yet, but her supporters support Sanders.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on March 19, 2020, 04:22:29 PM
Gabbard has withdrawn and endorsed Biden ;-(  I still think highly of her.

I thought she would have endorsed Sanders, if she gave any endorsement at all.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 19, 2020, 04:28:24 PM
I thought she would have endorsed Sanders, if she gave any endorsement at all.

Warren is a bitter old school marm.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.