Previously 'The big ol' 2020 debate', turned Baruch's personal waste bin.

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 27, 2020, 06:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 08, 2020, 07:19:48 PM
And they say that I'm the mean one!

Yeah, I found that a bit funny as well :P.

Funny enough, I don't really have much of a problem with Biden either, he seems like a nice enough guy. But that's how I see him on the stage and I'm not going to sugar coat it.

Imagine Biden vs Trump in debates... Biden is going to get absolutely massacred. It won't matter if Trump is right, it will just matter that he is able to bully and twist Biden's constant foot-in-mouth remarks and just...weird... remarks into clips that will be played on every major news network ad nauseam.

I don't know how much better Bernie would fare, but if you watch interviews and debates with him... he has a sly sense of humour and knows how to smart off, which the media will (hopefully) eat up, assuming they aren't just trying to get Trump reelected as well.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

MSM is a Nazi conspiracy ;-)  Sure ... they are to the Right of Lenin.

Kamala Harris has endorsed Biden (to get on VP short list) ... now all the Jamaica-father/India-mother pseudo-African-Americans (you hear me Obama?) can vote for Creepy Joe ... bwahaha.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Bernie may eat Biden for lunch in a debate, but it won't matter, since the DNC has decided to fear the the progressive candidate, thinking Biden can beat Trump. I don't think he can, though.

But then, I'm a pessimist.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 09, 2020, 01:49:42 PM
Bernie may eat Biden for lunch in a debate, but it won't matter, since the DNC has decided to fear the the progressive candidate, thinking Biden can beat Trump. I don't think he can, though.

But then, I'm a pessimist.

Bernie already signaled he will fold like used TP, just like in 2016.  The only question is "price".  He is not a real communist (obviously), just a crisis actor.

PS - Same as Corbyn in the UK, who also is a millionaire.  Carlos Maza of on-line fame, claims to be oppressed, but his mother is worth 11 billion dollars.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Current polls for primaries tomorrow ...

Biden takes every state, except for Maryland.  Biden was behind on available ad money, but has been made good, by ...

PS - Sanders may also take N Dakota.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on March 09, 2020, 11:25:17 AMI don't know how much better Bernie would fare, but if you watch interviews and debates with him... he has a sly sense of humour and knows how to smart off, which the media will (hopefully) eat up, assuming they aren't just trying to get Trump reelected as well.
I wouldn't put it past them.  The media does seem to serve as a bit of an enabling influence.  They've had a habit of reading Trump tweets verbatim and unknowingly (or perhaps knowing) amplifying the message.  They also have a habit of treating right-wing extremism as "normal" and its left-wing criticism (particularly from Sanders) as "radical" and "divisive".  The framing certainly skews to the right, and you'd think conservatives would be happy with that, but they love bashing the media as not sympathetic enough, and so we get this "fair and balanced" bullshit masquerading as reality.  For example:  Trump is "bold" and "true to his convictions" when he sticks to his guns.  When Sanders does it, he's "uncompromising".  It's sickening.  I don't think most Americans and certainly most Democrats are aware of how this skewed framing affects how they process news.

Particularly egregious is the "pie in the sky" portrayal of medicare-for-all, which conveniently ignores the fact that every other developed Western nation has some form of universal healthcare.  In any sane world, the media would note that America's healthcare policy is the aberration, not the other way around.  Same with the prison system.  Same with military aggression.

Hydra009

Speak of the devil:  https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/09/boosting-electability-argument-sanders-has-won-independent-voters-13-out-16-exit

QuoteAccording to CNN, Sanders has won independents in 13 out of 16 states where exit polls are conducted, including Minnesota and North Carolina, which are expected to be competitive in the general election.

"Weird that this hasn't been mentioned by anyone on cable TV in the 24-7 coverage of 'electability,'" Sirota wrote.

GSOgymrat

While Democrats debate about the best way to expand healthcare coverage, Trump wants to cut Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

https://youtu.be/m8LDRdUTYaI

Baruch

Andrew Mellon, Sec of Treasury 1929 ... liquidate everything!  Particularly the Proletariat!

If the government becomes ungovernable because of the pandemic, will you blame Trump for being in office, or Hillary, the supporter of Goldman-Sachs, having failed to get elected in 2016?  Can the current financial crash be a Wall Street attempt to destroy Trump, to help Hillary get in as Biden's VP?  J P Morgan and Goldman-Sachs are making a literal killing, over the current volatility and "put" on financial instruments.

It may be necessary to fold the whole Federal Government, except for the military, which has to be paid to maintain martial law.  Either that, or stop panicking over TP and prisoner-made hand sanitizer.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Leftist Protester Displays "Sweden Must Die" Sign At International Women's Day March" .. like I have said, Leftists are self destructive psychopaths, who when politically active, metastasize into sociopaths ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Yes, you can have Medicare-for-All ... except as such, you still need $200 per month per person (my mother's case) for someone in the commercial insurance sector to handle the paperwork for you.  Medicare is not only defauded constantly (ancient mainframe computers) but has a bureaucracy right out of 1980.

How to pay for it?  There is enough money, if you cut the other Federal programs.  The Feds already have enough money.  The problem is politicians only add, they don't adjust.  For instance you could cut the Defense Department budget in two ... but then you have to make a foreign policy where that makes sense.  You cannot also be a war-hawk and cut the Defense budget.  The conversion of Dems to war-hawks is one of the greatest surprises I have had.  Where are the anti-nuke protestors of the 80s?  Was it only because the President was a Republican (Reagan)?  Only because your beloved Soviet Union was still viable?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Biden leading in M states:
Michigan
Mississippi
Missouri

No Results Yet:
North Dakota
Idaho
Washington

Dial M For Bernie "Murder"?

Some Bernie bros already threatening to completely boycott Dem party/election.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Biden wins:
Michigan
Mississippi
Missouri
Idaho

Bernie wins:
North Dakota
Washington

So Bernie may be staying in awhile longer.

Dems know machine politics, and the Dems establishment tossed Bernie into the wood chipper.  A party only fit for Tin Men (yeah, that crybaby is a Beta).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Unless there is an unexpected twist, Biden will be the nominee. Now the question is whether Bernie supporters will show up in November to support Biden or if they will stay home and allow Trump to be re-elected. I know Bernie supporters are disappointed but the reality is Sanders changed the national conversation regarding healthcare, worker's rights, wealth inequality and climate change. Biden and Sanders actually agree on far more than they disagree. Both champion universal health care, raising the minimum wage, raising taxes on the wealthy, wiping out student debt, making college affordable and leading the fight against climate change. They differ on how to get there. For Sanders, it’s revolution, or sudden change. For Biden, it’s evolution or gradual change.

Currently, there is online chatter from some Bernie supporters saying they are going to sit out or form their own party, #DemExit. I hope they don't do this because I think a second Trump term will have longterm negative ramifications particularly in the areas of healthcare, reproductive rights, social security and climate change. We shall see if Democrats can pull all their disagreeing factions together and motivate people to support Biden.

Baruch

Biden is preparing for a fireside chat this week, from the Summer White House in Delaware.  All scripted, will present the House version of the "stop coronavirus" action.  Senate heard Trump's plan, yawned, and went on vacation.  Trump has already been replaced?  Meanwhile ...

"Dead Man Walking - Hillary Overtakes Bernie In Democratic Primary Betting" ... like a kaiju ... Hillary rises again!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.