Previously 'The big ol' 2020 debate', turned Baruch's personal waste bin.

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 27, 2020, 06:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

Quote from: SGOS on March 04, 2020, 05:00:05 AM
Well, I guess Democratic voters are not as progressive as I thought. 

Not enough younger, more progressive Democrats showed up at the polls. In Alabama, only 7% of the voters were in the 17-29 range compared to 14% in 2016. In North Carolina, 13% of Tuesday’s electorate were young voters, compared to 16% four years ago. In Texas, 16% of voters were between 17 and 29 compared to 20% in 2016. A Sanders victory depends on young voters and this poor turn out doesn't bode well.

Quote from: SGOS on March 04, 2020, 05:00:05 AM
Trump wasn't actually as bad as I thought he would be.  Don't get me wrong, I thought he was really bad, but here we are still alive and well, and I can't wait for the next episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I've heard this sentiment more often recently when I talk to people in person. I suspect a lot of people post grievances online giving the impression that a disproportionate number of people are dissatisfied. Content or apathetic people tend not to talk about it.

Baruch

Everybody send poor Elizabeth Warren a six pack of beer so she can drown her sorrows.

Bloomberg is still in, even as #3

Sanders got the MJ state votes, Utah, Colorado, California, Vermont.

The Deep State must have pushed Biden forward, they need more oligarch graft in Ukraine and more pictures of Creep Joe being creepy, so they can blackmail him in office.

Not even half over, so hang onto your pussy hats!  Best women can do this year (Go Tulsi!) is VP.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 04, 2020, 06:49:39 AM
I've heard this sentiment more often recently when I talk to people in person. I suspect a lot of people post grievances online giving the impression that a disproportionate number of people are dissatisfied. Content or apathetic people tend not to talk about it.
Just to be clear, I'm not satisfied.  I'm just alive and not in a hospital.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 02, 2020, 02:45:33 PM
People who register Independent rather than Democrat or Republican need to specify when the go to the polls they want to vote in the Democrat or Republican primary. An information card is mailed to registered Independents reminding them of this process. People working the polls are not allowed to asked Independents if they would like to vote in the Democrat or Republican primaries so as not to influence voters. Young and LatinX voters are assumed to be too ignorant to understand this process, which hurts Bernie and Bloomberg because they poll higher in these demographics. Am I missing something?

That's not how it works everywhere. Here you don't register as anything. When you show up to vote in the primaries there are separate ballots for the different parties. You have to ask for the one you want.

But if you vote for one party in the primaries you are only allowed to vote for that party if there are runoff elections. This helps keep people from voting for their favorite candidates in the primary then casting a vote for the opposition party candidate they think has the best chance of losing in a runoff election. It's a new procedure here. It was put in place after the 2017 special election that put Doug Jones in the senate. During that election a lot of democrats voted for Roy Moore in the republican runoff because they thought he could be beat. He won, and he got beat in the general election. If Luther Strange had won the runoff he most likely would have beat Doug Jones in the general election.

In general elections there is only one ballot and you can vote for whoever you want.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Jason Harvestdancer

Yep.  The last minute drop-outs did push Biden back into the lead ... until his next big gaffe.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Hydra009

Hydra009

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on March 04, 2020, 10:15:43 AM
Just to be clear, I'm not satisfied.  I'm just alive and not in a hospital.

Glad to hear it.  Since "fusion" memes are good, how about a luxury hospital aboard a cruise ship?  Damn, already been done!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Google Refuses To Run Trump, Sanders Ads" .... Emperor Xi has the Mandate Of Heaven.  George H W Bush (CIA head and ambassador to China before being VP and POTUS) was the original Manchurian Candidate?  Did he get pointers from Deep Kraut aka Henry Kissinger?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Bloomberg has suspended his campaign, endorsing Biden (snicker) so he can concentrate on spending billions for the general election and POTUS election, so the DNC doesn't have to.  What a generous guy!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on March 04, 2020, 06:18:15 PM
Bloomberg has suspended his campaign, endorsing Biden (snicker) so he can concentrate on spending billions for the general election and POTUS election, so the DNC doesn't have to.  What a generous guy!

According to Andrew Yang, Bloomberg has a massive digital operations center that dwarfs the DNC resources.

"I had coffee with a marketing staffer from my campaign, and I was concerned what are you going to do next. And he said, 'Don’t worry about it. I’m working at the Bloomberg campaign, and they’re paying me two and a half times what I got paid here,'" Yang told his fellow CNN panelists.

"They have this massive operation that is leaps and bounds ahead of anything the DNC is employing in terms of data and resources," he continued.

Taking into account how deep pockets didn't adequately help billionaire Tom Steyer, who dropped from the race Saturday evening, Yang made the case that Bloomberg's "digital war room" is what sets the former New York City mayor apart from the rest.

"They've got this incredible data projection down to the district, down to the delegate, and they're mapping it and simulating it," he said, before describing how Bloomberg's long game may be focused on targeting and taking out opponents individually. ...

trdsf

I'm pretty well decided now that when the primary comes here, I'm voting Warren (if she's still in the race).  Bernie's and Joe's ages raise serious concerns in my mind.  Also, I can see Warren negotiating where I can see Bernie refusing to and letting 'perfect' be the enemy of 'better'.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Biden and Bloomberg were both "friends" of Epstein.  Warren was not.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Well, I think Sanders is just wanting to be bought off, as in 2016.  He needs a 4th house!  Warren, if she holds out, is just trying to be on the VP candidate map.  So really, by June this is all Biden, with Obama/Hillary as silent partners.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?