Previously 'The big ol' 2020 debate', turned Baruch's personal waste bin.

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 27, 2020, 06:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Unfortunately, SC debate was unsupervised ice cream tossing fight in a kindergarten, with no teacher present.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Still haven't made up my mind, and the Ohio primary is in about two and a half weeks.  Biden and Sanders are too old for what's arguably one of the most stressful jobs there is.  Bloomberg -- just no.  We've had three presidents whose primary background was business rather than public service or the military, and all three were disasters: Hoover, Bush Jr, and the current one.

I like Buttigieg, but I'd like to see him have a bit more experience under his belt -- even so, I'm keeping him on my list.  I'm vacillating between him, Klobuchar and Warren.  This may be the first time in a long time that I end up making my decision in the voting booth.

Granted, if the nomination goes to Biden, Sanders or Bloomberg, they're all a damn sight better than Lord Dampnut...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

I am still supporting Buttigieg ... I would vote for anyone the CIA/FBI approves.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

What are polls worth?

South Carolina - Biden, Sanders, Steyer?

Super Tuesday:
California - Sanders, Warren, Biden, Buttigieg, Bloomberg
Texas - Sanders, Biden, Warren, Bloomberg
North Carolina - Sanders, Biden, Bloomberg, Warren

So bump for Biden on Saturday, then Sanders all the way on Tuesday
National Dem ranking - Sanders, Biden, Bloomberg, Warren, Buttigieg

So which loser will Sanders choose as his VP candidate?  Hillary?  Raul Castro?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on February 27, 2020, 11:38:32 AM
So which loser will Sanders choose as his VP candidate?  Hillary?  Raul Castro?

I've read a lot of comments from Sanders supporters who would like Nina Turner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1ObX0iDRjo&t=70s

Unbeliever

Maybe they should just put all the Democratic candidates in a cage and see which one survives, making him/her the nominee.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 27, 2020, 02:11:41 PM
Maybe they should just put all the Democratic candidates in a cage and see which one survives, making him/her the nominee.

I would predict the old and short would lose, so a good plan.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Bloomberg, In Freudian Slip, Brags He "Bought" Democratic Majority In The House In 2018" ... some Russians spend $50,000 on Facebook in 2016, Bloomberg has spent how much in 2018 and 2020 so far?  I consider NYC to be a foreign and hostile country ;-)

""You Had To Be Fairly Wealthy": $1,750 To $3,200  Ticket Prices For Dem Debate Spark Disgust" ... I once saw candidate Bill Clinton for free.  Dems are just so many plutocrats now.

"'Not A Real Democrat' â€" Florida Lawsuit Seeks To Exclude Bernie Sanders From Primary Ballot" ... known this since 2016, Dems are awfully slow ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PjNlBV-_s8

A good video for "but how's he gonna deliver???" people to watch.

Baruch

Unless you get a revolution, you have to get Congress and SCOTUS to play along.  With the right CIA/FBI persuasion, I assume it could be done.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

After going to the polls and staring at the ballot for several minutes, I ended up voting for Pete Buttigieg. Out of the viable candidates, he is the one whose policies I most agree with, plus he's intelligent and appears to be a decent person. I'm still very skeptical that a gay man can be president in 2020 but it's possible that my personal experience, job and location have skewed my perspective.  I'll vote for whichever candidates the Democrats choose, even Montgomery Burns Michael Bloomberg. While I was there two buses of young people pulled up to vote, which was good to see.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on February 28, 2020, 05:01:56 AM
After going to the polls and staring at the ballot for several minutes, I ended up voting for Pete Buttigieg. Out of the viable candidates, he is the one whose policies I most agree with, plus he's intelligent and appears to be a decent person. I'm still very skeptical that a gay man can be president in 2020 but it's possible that my personal experience, job and location have skewed my perspective.  I'll vote for whichever candidates the Democrats choose, even Montgomery Burns Michael Bloomberg. While I was there two buses of young people pulled up to vote, which was good to see.

What, you didn't vote for one of the fossils?  Are you a agist bigot? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Interesting video on how Sanders answers a question compared to Trump. It's another reason why I think Sanders has a good chance winning the presidency compared to some of the other Democrats. Put a populist against a populist.

https://youtu.be/16S2lQn5xgs

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on February 28, 2020, 01:47:04 PM
Interesting video on how Sanders answers a question compared to Trump. It's another reason why I think Sanders has a good chance winning the presidency compared to some of the other Democrats. Put a populist against a populist.

https://youtu.be/16S2lQn5xgs
He'd be particularly good against Trump just because he can take a punch and pivot to policy, where Trump is glaringly weak.  That's the right counter.

Clinton tried to respond to Trump's MAGA slogan with "America's already great".  Bad move.  It really hurt her in the eyes of people struggling to make ends meet.

I really don't want to see a replay of that disaster in November, with a glassjaw "centrist" trying to counter Trump with admonishments of decorum.  That's not going to work.

And I definitely don't want to see the DNC fall even further in the eyes of people who aren't diehard Democrats with another super delegate shitshow.

We'll see if history repeats itself or if those involved have grown wiser.