Previously 'The big ol' 2020 debate', turned Baruch's personal waste bin.

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 27, 2020, 06:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Hopefully, this time we finally get it right.

Because if not - if it's another 4 years of Trump or some carbon copy of Trump - we are completely and utterly fucked.  If the political will isn't there to resist corruption right now, after 3 very dark years, then all bets are off in the future.  These corrupt pieces of human garbage will be dug in like ticks, they will stack the courts, they will ensure Russian-style elections, and they will never ever give up their power.  The end.

Unless...

Unbeliever

We got here by tiny increments, most of which went completely unnoticed by the vast majority of Americans. The water's been heating more and more, until it's near to boiling, and most people still don't notice it.

We're not going to get our democracy back by the same method of using tiny increments. We have to get it, and we have to do it now, or it will be gone forever. We can't afford to pussy-foot around about it, thinking we can just complain enough and the rich will give back the power they've gotten. We need bold actions, like FDR was forced into during the depression, that saved capitalism from it's own excesses.

I don't know how we get there, but the longer we let things continue trending the way they have the more draconian the measures will be that we'll be forced into making.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Shiranu

QuoteTheir wealth isn’t the result of redistribution. It is the result of creating wealth from thin air.

But what is that "thin air"?

It's cutting corners and exploiting loopholes. It's using slave labour in third world countries. It's stiffing competition and creating a virtual monopoly with at most 2-3 major players offering a service (and often times only one offering that service in each region that the major players divided up amongst themselves). It's using predatory practices and unethical influencing of consumers, particularly when you are talking about banks and all their loans which can reach mafia levels of interest and intimidation to pay it. It's buying politicians to make sure you don't have to pay your share of taxes.

Thin air is that and so, so much more. It's not just magical money that appears from nowhere and costs no one anything.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Bloomberg to hire shills

At this point, you're obliged to ask anyone supporting Bloomberg if they're being paid to do so.

Unbeliever

I wonder if Bloomberg has "binders full of women"?
God Not Found

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 20, 2020, 04:49:44 PM
I wonder if Bloomberg has "binders full of women"?
No, but he has binders full of women under NDA.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 20, 2020, 04:49:08 PM
Bloomberg to hire shills

At this point, you're obliged to ask anyone supporting Bloomberg if they're being paid to do so.

Mchael Bloomberg's presidential campaign will reportedly pay hundreds of people $2,500 a month to promote the candidate via text message and their personal social media feeds. ..

Perhaps this explains the text I received yesterday from a local area code:

"Hey Ford! This is Clara with Team Bloomberg for North Carolina. We have a huge weekend of action coming up in your neighborhood. Does volunteering on Saturday or Sunday work better for you?"

Unbeliever

When democracy can be bought there is no more democracy.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 20, 2020, 01:35:20 PM
Hopefully, this time we finally get it right.

Because if not - if it's another 4 years of Trump or some carbon copy of Trump - we are completely and utterly fucked.  If the political will isn't there to resist corruption right now, after 3 very dark years, then all bets are off in the future.  These corrupt pieces of human garbage will be dug in like ticks, they will stack the courts, they will ensure Russian-style elections, and they will never ever give up their power.  The end.

Unless...

Any human, would f*ck their own sister and kill their own brother .. the only question is price.  All nations come to an end, even the much beloved Soviet Union.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on February 20, 2020, 11:22:24 AM
This seems to be a serious misunderstanding of how the richest of the rich accumulate their wealth. Bezos, Gates, Buffett, Zuckerberg, and yes even Bloomberg didn’t get where they are by paying themselves billions in salaries. They got there by starting businesses and growing them.

Their wealth isn’t the result of redistribution. It is the result of creating wealth from thin air. The companies were worth nothing when they were started. Now they are worth trillions. These people don’t have billions of dollars sitting in vaults either. Most of their wealth only exists on stock exchange balance sheets.

As far as this year’s democrat presidential candidates go, I think Biden and possibly Bloomberg are probably the only ones with a chance at beating Trump. I don’t believe most of the rest of the front runners can pull in enough of the moderate vote to do the job. If you look at GSOgymrat’s chart above and do the math you will see that the democratic nominee will need to get more than 62% of the moderate vote to win the popular electrician. I don’t see most of this year’s front runners being able to do that.

As far as personal choice goes, I don’t like any of them. I’ll probably vote for any of them over Trump except for Bloomberg. I’ll either vote Green Party or just leave my presidential ballot blank if he ends up with the nomination.

Peasants don't understand stock options, because we don't get them!  Frivolous wealth is created in the financial markets, and saved/inflated by the Federal Reserve.  Of course it helps when the government applies their thumb to the balance scales in favor of those already favored (crony capitalism).  But unless you get entry to that level of society (by effort or inheritance) ... you have no leverage.  Society has leverage, because a group of men can do many times what one man can do (hive mind), exponentially.  Of course such a "wishing tree" is abused by those who have access.  Because corruption is the middle name of anyone who is tempted by gain, which is anyone with access to it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 20, 2020, 05:01:46 PM
When democracy can be bought there is no more democracy.

Augustus became Emperor, because he owned all the gold and silver coin in Roman lands.  The Senate only had authority over bronze coin.  And that was by allowance from the Emperor.  With every coin having the portrait of the Emperor ... and him being the Pontifex Maximus (pagan Pope), the coins were definitely Caesars (per NT).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on February 20, 2020, 04:58:39 PMPerhaps this explains the text I received yesterday from a local area code:

"Hey Ford! This is Clara with Team Bloomberg for North Carolina. We have a huge weekend of action coming up in your neighborhood. Does volunteering on Saturday or Sunday work better for you?"
Strangely enough, I got my first two today.  One from a Warren volunteer asking for someone I don't know.  Possibly a wrong number, though I heard that replying back is how they get ya.  Another from a Washington DC area code, dunno who.

Baruch

I will now treat political poll calls or political survey calls like flaming sacks of shit on my porch.  Just gonna let the US burn down.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Are the Republicon and Democratic parties really the same?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcF5o-qkphg
God Not Found

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Shiranu on February 20, 2020, 02:00:03 PM
But what is that "thin air"?

It's cutting corners and exploiting loopholes. It's using slave labour in third world countries. It's stiffing competition and creating a virtual monopoly with at most 2-3 major players offering a service (and often times only one offering that service in each region that the major players divided up amongst themselves). It's using predatory practices and unethical influencing of consumers, particularly when you are talking about banks and all their loans which can reach mafia levels of interest and intimidation to pay it. It's buying politicians to make sure you don't have to pay your share of taxes.

Thin air is that and so, so much more. It's not just magical money that appears from nowhere and costs no one anything.

Wealth is not created out of thin air, but currency is in our current age.  The problem with magical money is that it devalues existing money.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!