Previously 'The big ol' 2020 debate', turned Baruch's personal waste bin.

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 27, 2020, 06:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: SvZurich on February 11, 2020, 08:49:41 PM
And Yang just dropped out of the race today.

Bloomberg isn't even on the Nevada ballot.  He announced far too late. 

Fun fact, in Nevada we don't allow write-in candidates.  We do instead offer None of the Above as an option.
Bloomberg is deliberately blowing off the early contests and focusing on Super Tuesday.  I'd say that was a dumb decision, but politics doesn't work the way I'm used to anymore.  We'll know in early March if his tactic works.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Politics is a two edged sword.  Sword wielders sometimes cut themselves not their opponent.

"First they laugh at you then they ignore you then they fight you then you win" - Gandhi ... this applies to all political activists.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

No such thing as a perfect candidate ...

"Bloomberg Frames Farmers As Primitive Idiots In Demeaning Diatribe" ... elite detached from reality

"Bloomberg Dubs The Queen A "Horsey-Faced Lesbian" In Outrageous Book Of Quotes' ... in modern times, nobody forgets all the stupid things you say.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on February 17, 2020, 01:01:41 PM
No such thing as a perfect candidate ...

"Bloomberg Frames Farmers As Primitive Idiots In Demeaning Diatribe" ... elite detached from reality

Particularly being the grandson of ex-share-croppers (who grew up with his grandparents), that one really rubs me the wrong way.

That can be said for a lot of things he has said, actually.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GSOgymrat

Quote from: trdsf on February 16, 2020, 11:52:34 AM
Bloomberg is deliberately blowing off the early contests and focusing on Super Tuesday.  I'd say that was a dumb decision, but politics doesn't work the way I'm used to anymore.  We'll know in early March if his tactic works.

It seems Sanders has become the progressive leader and Bloomberg is trying to be the centrist leader. He was probably smart to let Biden, Buttigieg and Klobuchar fight it out.

I'm probably going to vote for Sanders. The way I see it (and please feel free to point out if I am wrong) is that unless younger voters show up at the polls, Trump will win. Polling indicates younger voters prefer Sanders and he seems to have the most energy behind him. I think centrists Democrats are more likely to vote for Sanders just to defeat Trump where progressives and younger voters are less likely to turn out for Biden or Bloomberg. I don't think Sander is the best person to be president, mainly because, while he is good at consolidating progressives, I don't think he can convince centrist Democrats and Republicans in Congress to pass his legislation. I don't agree with all of Sanders' policies but that's the way it goes.

My husband despises Sanders and will for Trump if he is the nominee. I might be able to convince him to vote Bloomberg if he gets the nomination.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 17, 2020, 01:18:59 PM
Particularly being the grandson of ex-share-croppers (who grew up with his grandparents), that one really rubs me the wrong way.

That can be said for a lot of things he has said, actually.

Watch the Broadway play Oklahoma?  That is full of prejudice ... Farmers bad, Cowboys good.  Of course with asphalt jungle people ... manna just drops from their stock broker straight into their mouth ;-)

I may repeat myself, my daughter, who will vote this year, has no intention of voting for anyone older than her parents (who are senior citizens already).  But there are people less than 60 still in the race (Buttigieg and Klobuchar).  It puzzles me, how anyone can consider a 60+ candidate to be part of the "youth" voting block ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on February 17, 2020, 02:53:22 PM
It puzzles me, how anyone can consider a 60+ candidate to be part of the "youth" voting block ;-))

Perhaps the saying is true that "everything old is new again." Sanders is pretty damn old ! 😁

Hydra009

This may seem strange, but "the youth" might be interested in more things in a candidate than how old they are or which genitals they have.

This isn't The Apprentice, folks.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 17, 2020, 05:29:54 PM
This may seem strange, but "the youth" might be interested in more things in a candidate than how old they are or which genitals they have.

This isn't The Apprentice, folks.

Good, find a centenarian to vote for ... very Chinese, very Confucian.

Millennials  are like every other youth group in the past, they are interested in drugs and women.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Now that Yang is out, Warren is the only Asian American left in the race.

Cheap shot.

Seriously though, although he isn't in first, I am worried about Bloomberg.  Everything the Democrats say about Trump, the racism and sexism and etc, are true about Bloomberg.  When the Democrats were screeching that electing Trump made them feel like the 1930s Germany, I never imagined that they meant they would make it into 1930s Germany as a response to Trump.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Hydra009

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 18, 2020, 12:36:15 AMWhen the Democrats were screeching that electing Trump made them feel like the 1930s Germany, I never imagined that they meant they would make it into 1930s Germany as a response to Trump.
So...Trump (the concentration camp guy, the "both sides have fine people" guy, the "America First" guy, etc) as a nazi is foolishly hyperbolic, but the Dems as nazis is a perfectly valid concern?  Is Project Veritas rotting your brain?

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 18, 2020, 12:36:15 AM
Now that Yang is out, Warren is the only Asian American left in the race.

Cheap shot.

Seriously though, although he isn't in first, I am worried about Bloomberg.  Everything the Democrats say about Trump, the racism and sexism and etc, are true about Bloomberg.  When the Democrats were screeching that electing Trump made them feel like the 1930s Germany, I never imagined that they meant they would make it into 1930s Germany as a response to Trump.

Nobody expected the Democrats to react ... they way they did in 1860.  Wild and crazy people, so unlike Republicans ;-)

If the Dems are going to be bought by Mini-Bloomberg, I hope he takes all his new sex slave girls and pool boys to his secret lair (queue 007 villain music).  The sharks need feeding!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuWMcl0bhu4
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 18, 2020, 12:47:33 AM
So...Trump (the concentration camp guy, the "both sides have fine people" guy, the "America First" guy, etc) as a nazi is foolishly hyperbolic, but the Dems as nazis is a perfectly valid concern?  Is Project Veritas rotting your brain?

If I was going off the Project Veritas stuff, I'd be pointing out how Bernie staffers are calling for gulags to re-educate everyone to their right.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 18, 2020, 09:24:30 AM
If I was going off the Project Veritas stuff, I'd be pointing out how Bernie staffers are calling for gulags to re-educate everyone to their right.

Correct.  If we are collectivists, then all Bernie bros are clones, like sterile female worker bees in a hive (trigger Feminism).  Same with all the Trumpsters (who are individualistic sexual-dimorphic bumble bees).  We are a tribe, we engage in tribal warfare, to the point of genocide (like so many of our ancestors, not just Nazis)?  I hope not.  Amazing how retrogressive Progressives are.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I think we should just blow the world up and get it over with. Why go out with a whimper when there's a great bang available?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman