Previously 'The big ol' 2020 debate', turned Baruch's personal waste bin.

Started by Mr.Obvious, January 27, 2020, 06:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on May 28, 2020, 11:09:32 PM
I am not convinced the economic data (pre-plague) was at all meaningful, because it did fuck-all for the vast majority of non-partisan voters (non-Democrats and non-Republicans).  The only thing it did was separate the True Believers (aka MAGA-hatted knuckledraggers) from sensible human beings.

GDP, Inflation Rate, Unemployment Rate are all BS.  They aren't even BS calculated like 1st term Ronald Reagan.  Second term Ronald Reagan doubled down on the fake stats.

Real economics ... if my neighbor is unemployed, it is a recession (and my neighbor is currently unemployed by government fiat).  If I am unemployed, it is a depression.  I haven't had income in over a year (but I had good savings).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on May 29, 2020, 12:33:07 AM
GDP, Inflation Rate, Unemployment Rate are all BS.  They aren't even BS calculated like 1st term Ronald Reagan.  Second term Ronald Reagan doubled down on the fake stats.

Real economics ... if my neighbor is unemployed, it is a recession (and my neighbor is currently unemployed by government fiat).  If I am unemployed, it is a depression.  I haven't had income in over a year (but I had good savings).

I recently learned there is no consensus on what constitutes an economic depression.

https://youtu.be/ujVNX1Wiy2w

Mike Cl

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 29, 2020, 07:17:13 AM
I recently learned there is no consensus on what constitutes an economic depression.

https://youtu.be/ujVNX1Wiy2w
I'm not surprised--that there is no consensus of what an economic depression is.  My first inkling that many supposed broad definitions are like that was when I delved deeply into the continents of the world--7 right?  No.  For example, there are literally thousands of islands in the world oceans.  Why do they get grouped with the continents they do?  Why is New Zealand and Australia on the same continent--or North and South America two?  Or................... Some say 6, some 8, some 7 and many others.  It is by convention there are 7 and not strict definition.  I was surprised by that at the time. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Vast conspiracy by geographers!!  Are they behind the Bilderbergers? ;-))  Is the National Geographic magazine their coded internal party organ?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"TRUMP TO USE EXECUTIVE ACTION TO CHALLENGE INTERNET CENSORSHIP" ... order will be immediately challenged in court by the usual suspects ...

Who does Twitter not censor?

Communist Party USA (Communist terrorists)
AntiFA (Communist terrorists)
Black Lives Matter (Black terrorists)
Linda Sarsour (Islamic terrorist)
D - Maxine Waters (Dem terrorist)
D - Keith Ellison (Dem/Islamic terrorist)
Louis Farrakhan (Islamic terrorist)
Media Matters (Dem terrorists)

Why doesn't YouTube censor Islamic terrorist?  Because it is the religion of peace, aligned with Feminists and Democrats ;-)  Wear your pussy-hat proudly!

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"'Trump Supporters Targeted' - Gunshot Fired Into Arizona RNC Field Office" ... as I recall, it was a Dem who targeted a Rep Congressman a few years ago ...

"Biden Campaign Quietly Cancels Fundraiser Headlined By Mueller's 'Pit Bull' Lawyer" ... that dog won't hunt.

"Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren blast President Trump over response to Minneapolis riots" ... Joe and Elizabeth should be out there with the looters, robbing a Target or a liquor store.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Anyone have thoughts on how the protests will effect the election?

I am seeing a lot of reports that this is helping Biden because of how Trump has handled it and because Biden actually addressed the issue pretty coherently (if not actually offering any solutions other than, "We are all one! Kumbiya, don't be mad!"), but I am not seeing people point out the very real possibility that if this violence continues to escalated more and more people will start to equate it with "the left".

Likewise the fact that Minneapolis is represented by 12 Democrats and one Green, as is the State being predominately Democrat (and most of the cities seeing violent protests are Democrat cities), gives the Republicans a stage to say, "See? They preach about racial equality and justice but look at how violent they are, and how hypocritical!"... I fear this could actually help the Republicans in the long game if they are "smart" enough to play it right.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 29, 2020, 09:23:29 AM
I'm not surprised--that there is no consensus of what an economic depression is.  My first inkling that many supposed broad definitions are like that was when I delved deeply into the continents of the world--7 right?  No.  For example, there are literally thousands of islands in the world oceans.  Why do they get grouped with the continents they do?  Why is New Zealand and Australia on the same continent--or North and South America two?  Or................... Some say 6, some 8, some 7 and many others.  It is by convention there are 7 and not strict definition.  I was surprised by that at the time. 
I have never in my life understood why Europe and Asia are different continents.  I think my teacher tried to explain it, but in an inner pedantic fit, I took exception, and that was that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on May 30, 2020, 07:49:17 AM
I have never in my life understood why Europe and Asia are different continents.  I think my teacher tried to explain it, but in an inner pedantic fit, I took exception, and that was that.

There are enormous differences between cultures. If you visit Europe, it will be familar to you. Even certain places in the ME ei. where I live, esp. as a city, certain regions, cities in Asia would be familiar to you. But if you go to the most places in the Middle East or Asia, you'll find yourself in an 'alien' place.

I am not making this distinction as in 'good' and 'bad', but as in 'different' and 'familiar'.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on May 30, 2020, 07:16:11 AM

I am seeing a lot of reports that this is helping Biden because of how Trump has handled it and because Biden actually addressed the issue pretty coherently (if not actually offering any solutions other than, "We are all one! Kumbiya, don't be mad!"), but I am not seeing people point out the very real possibility that if this violence continues to escalated more and more people will start to equate it with "the left".

Likewise the fact that Minneapolis is represented by 12 Democrats and one Green, as is the State being predominately Democrat (and most of the cities seeing violent protests are Democrat cities), gives the Republicans a stage to say, "See? They preach about racial equality and justice but look at how violent they are, and how hypocritical!"... I fear this could actually help the Republicans in the long game if they are "smart" enough to play it right.
I see this as simply feeding trump's love or and promotion of fear and chaos.  It will end up benefiting him and the Repubs.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 30, 2020, 07:16:11 AM

No effect.  "Doesn't matter who votes, only who counts the votes" - Stalin

Riots didn't help LBJ or HHH get elected in 1968.  It was their policies, that made things worse (send lots of Black men to Vietnam).  So yes, Nixon gained from 1965-1968.  But he was political poison himself.  I got to vote the same year Nixon resigned in disgrace.  I have never been tempted to be Republican.  But I understand the Democrats much better now than 46 years ago.

It is hard to say, now or in the 60s, were the Dem towns burned down, because they were Dem?  Or did the establishment put Dem officials in power there, so the Dem party could take the blame?  4D chess has nothing on politics.  Just ask that warmongering racist, LBJ.

In Minneapolis et al, it is multiracial Left (but mostly Left anarchist).  Communists don't support riots, they murder them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 30, 2020, 07:49:17 AM

Many W Europeans, consider Russians, even W of the Urals, to be non-European.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

""We're All Suspects Now": A Look Inside The NSA's New "Contact Chaining" Tool" ... the Covid tracing just adds to what the NSA already has on you

"Pompeo: China Is Intent Upon The Destruction Of Western Ideas, Western Democracies, And Western Values" ... we must surrender now.  Western = Evil

"Schlichter: This Election Is Republicans Versus China" ... running dogs of the CCP
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

CCP, CCP!  The Fall campaign slogan for the Dems.

"California Faces "Financial Collapse" As It Moves To Allow Businesses To Walk Away From Commercial Leases" ... Newsom should just declare a Communist Dictatorship.  He can be "asshole for life" just like Xi in China.

"New UK Laws Could Criminalise Journalism" ... it hasn't already?  UK is a police state.

PS ...

"NEW YORK CITY IS A WARZONE, OVER 2000 ARRESTS SO FAR, BUSINESSES DESTROYED, GUN SALES SHATTER RECO.." ... the entire US would be like Detroit, if you let Dems run everything ;-( ... a party of criminals, by criminals, for criminals

"Cuomo slams de Blasio's handling of riots, claims he has power to ‘displace’ mayor but not ‘at that point’" ... De Blasio has a feud with the NYC PD ...

"Pelosi dismissive of holding national party conventions with ‘tens of thousands’ of people this summer" ... just crown Hillary as Mama Doc President For Life

"George Floyd family attorney says Biden to attend funeral" ... less cringe than Trump standing before a church burned down by Democrats?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Giant toxic toads come out in South Florida heavy rain" ... usually called Democrats ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.