Only 10% of the Nobel prize winners are atheist ?

Started by Daniel Wilson, January 18, 2020, 09:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Wilson

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 18, 2020, 07:48:02 PM
You still have not told us who you are (you are actually supposed to intro yourself and make 10 posts prior to starting a new thread)--so, an intro would be nice.

I don't understand why do I have to introduce myself (10 posts? Is this a Job interview?) before I can ask a simple question, I never saw that in other forums, what kind of game is this?

I came here to ask a question about something that was interested me, do I have to tell you about my personal life in order to do that? Sorry I don't understand that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Daniel Wilson on January 19, 2020, 09:45:32 AM
I don't understand why do I have to introduce myself (10 posts? Is this a Job interview?) before I can ask a simple question, I never saw that in other forums, what kind of game is this?

I came here to ask a question about something that was interested me, do I have to tell you about my personal life in order to do that? Sorry I don't understand that.
I don't care that the rules of this forum chap your lips or that other forums have different rules.  The rules were not created by me or for me, but by the people who run this forum.  Ask them why they made those rules. 

BTW, why are you so hesitant about introducing yourself and making the point of your post clear?  do you want to have an intelligent conversation or play a game of 'gotcha'?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Daniel Wilson

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 19, 2020, 09:58:43 AM
I don't care that the rules of this forum chap your lips or that other forums have different rules.  The rules were not created by me or for me, but by the people who run this forum.  Ask them why they made those rules. 

BTW, why are you so hesitant about introducing yourself and making the point of your post clear?  do you want to have an intelligent conversation or play a game of 'gotcha'?

You didn't create the rules but it looks like it's very bothering you. I asked a simple question, introducing myself or my beliefs have nothing to do with that. I don't understand how is it relevant or how will it help you answering my question.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Daniel Wilson on January 19, 2020, 10:32:41 AM
You didn't create the rules but it looks like it's very bothering you. I asked a simple question, introducing myself or my beliefs have nothing to do with that. I don't understand how is it relevant or how will it help you answering my question.
for a troll, it would be a problem I guess.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Daniel Wilson

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 19, 2020, 11:16:59 AM
for a troll, it would be a problem I guess.

Asking a question about atheism in an atheism forum is trolling? Are you listening to the nonsense that you are talking?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Daniel Wilson on January 19, 2020, 11:52:04 AM
Asking a question about atheism in an atheism forum is trolling? Are you listening to the nonsense that you are talking?
I am not talking, I am writing.  And I've simply asked you to follow the rules.  Trolls hate that.  I regard your question somewhat the same way I regard this question--Have you stopped beating your wife yet? 

Draconic Aiur

On a fair note we need a public chat so we can filter.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 19, 2020, 05:27:19 PM
If we don't filter we may falter?

Hey all the spammers, trolls, and zealots will post there.

Not to mention we will get more people. Chatting is swag.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on January 19, 2020, 07:58:57 PM
Hey all the spammers, trolls, and zealots will post there.

Not to mention we will get more people. Chatting is swag.

Twitter for Atheists?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on January 19, 2020, 01:33:02 PM
On a fair note we need a public chat so we can filter.

We filter. I've probably rejected 20 spammers over the past week. I'll admit I let the troll in though.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 19, 2020, 09:13:55 PM
We filter. I've probably rejected 20 spammers over the past week. I'll admit I let the troll in though.

Beat yourself with overcooked ramen ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on January 19, 2020, 08:23:46 PM
Twitter for Atheists?

It was like the old Atheist site that died when Obscured by Clouds profile died.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Daniel Wilson on January 18, 2020, 09:37:28 AMHow do you explain this?
1. Our opinion concerning the existence of deities is in the minority.

2. A lot of people who fit the definition of an atheist don't identify as one. Reasons include avoiding the baggage associated the the term, having a different understanding of the term's meaning, or subscribing to a belief such as humanism which they prefer to use as a label.

Take Neil deGrasse Tyson for example. He has talked about his opinions concerning religion, and in my opinion he sounds like an atheist. He prefers to call himself agnostic. Tyson is far from alone in that regard, so point #2 is probably the best answer to your question.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel