Only 10% of the Nobel prize winners are atheist ?

Started by Daniel Wilson, January 18, 2020, 09:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Well, as a well known scientific expert, I can tell you that indeed almost all if not all atheists are far smarter than theists. So there you have it from a well known scientific expert.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Daniel Wilson

Quote from: Baruch on January 18, 2020, 04:07:18 PM
Sorry Daniel, as a theist I have to give you thumbs down.  You simply like to go into a bar in a bad neighborhood and spit in their faces.

Most recent scientists are agnostic or atheist.  There is a reason for that (they are overly rational).

I don't ask person X, who has no expertise in Y ... about Y.  I find an expert in Y.

I thought that this is an Atheists Forum.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Sal1981

Quote from: Daniel Wilson on January 18, 2020, 06:12:16 PM
But I don't understand, this should be an "Atheist Forum", I thought that people will be happy to read researches showing that atheists are much smarter then religious people.

So where am I wrong?

Everyone knows that it's true.

I don't have anything in common with other atheists other than a lack of belief in the supernatural.

Just like only for you only thing you have in common with any other human is that you're breathing, so it is with from atheist to atheist.

Atheism isn't some special club with set rules and ideologies. It is merely the lack of belief in the supernatural, and that is the only thing in common.

Unbeliever

I suspect that the average person who doesn't believe in Santa Claus is smarter than the average person who does believe in Santa Claus. But I've never done a scientifically controlled study, so I can't be sure.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

You still have not told us who you are (you are actually supposed to intro yourself and make 10 posts prior to starting a new thread)--so, an intro would be nice.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 18, 2020, 07:48:02 PM
You still have not told us who you are (you are actually supposed to intro yourself and make 10 posts prior to starting a new thread)--so, an intro would be nice.

I feel it's a shame the intro page won't stop anyone posting elsewhere before they have made 10 there.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on January 18, 2020, 04:37:32 PM
Well, as a well known scientific expert, I can tell you that indeed almost all if not all atheists are far smarter than theists. So there you have it from a well known scientific expert.

Speaking to OP?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 18, 2020, 06:23:41 PM
I suspect that the average person who doesn't believe in Santa Claus is smarter than the average person who does believe in Santa Claus. But I've never done a scientifically controlled study, so I can't be sure.

Coal in your stocking, forever ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on January 18, 2020, 11:01:11 PM
That increases the chances of diamonds

Only if you have buns of steel, and keep your coal lumps there ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.