Only 10% of the Nobel prize winners are atheist ?

Started by Daniel Wilson, January 18, 2020, 09:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

Daniel Wilson

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 18, 2020, 09:44:02 AM
Argumentum ad Populum.

Why do you think that it's an argumentum ad Populum?

Do you think that these articles lies?

Mike Cl

Look, Daniel.  I don't want to spend the time playing your little game.  If you have a point, make it.  It's your idea or point, so you spend the time setting it up.  You do the work.  If not, then just get off your soap box and leave.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

What ever the point is, it doesn't change my lack of belief in a god.  My lack of belief is based on my personal experience, intelligent or not, popular or not, representative of some potential special peer group or not.

Sal1981

Quote from: Daniel Wilson on January 18, 2020, 10:19:16 AM
Why do you think that it's an argumentum ad Populum?

Do you think that these articles lies?

Because you're using popularity as a measurement stick.

Daniel Wilson

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 18, 2020, 11:28:00 AM
Look, Daniel.  I don't want to spend the time playing your little game.  If you have a point, make it.  It's your idea or point, so you spend the time setting it up.  You do the work.  If not, then just get off your soap box and leave.

Man, why are you so negative? I gave my point in the first message.

Read it, or leave.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Daniel Wilson on January 18, 2020, 12:38:27 PM
Man, why are you so negative? I gave my point in the first message.

Read it, or leave.
You said--'how do you explain it?'.  That's backward--how do you explain it.  My thought is that you are a theist trolling an atheist site.  If not, my bad--but who are you and why are you here??
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Daniel Wilson

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 18, 2020, 12:51:07 PM
You said--'how do you explain it?'.  That's backward--how do you explain it.  My thought is that you are a theist trolling an atheist site.  If not, my bad--but who are you and why are you here??

I'm here to get an answer for my question, is that so hard to understand?

Unbeliever

Well, Daniel, we don't know where you've heard that "there is a strong negative correlation between intelligence and religiosity." You didn't hear it here, so why do you believe that we know the answer?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Daniel Wilson on January 18, 2020, 12:56:06 PM
I'm here to get an answer for my question, is that so hard to understand?
I understand fully--you are simply a theist trolling an atheist site. 

Prove me wrong. 

Daniel Wilson

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 18, 2020, 01:23:44 PM
Well, Daniel, we don't know where you've heard that "there is a strong negative correlation between intelligence and religiosity." You didn't hear it here, so why do you believe that we know the answer?

Here you go:

https://www.psypost.org/2019/11/meta-analysis-of-83-studies-produces-very-strong-evidence-for-a-negative-relationship-between-intelligence-and-religiosity-54897

Unbeliever

OK, but that still doesn't tell me why you believe we know the answer to your question. We're just plain folks, and not cognitive researchers. I'm sure I don't know the answer, but maybe someone here does. Baruch seems to know everything, so maybe we'll hear from him.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Sorry Daniel, as a theist I have to give you thumbs down.  You simply like to go into a bar in a bad neighborhood and spit in their faces.

Most recent scientists are agnostic or atheist.  There is a reason for that (they are overly rational).

I don't ask person X, who has no expertise in Y ... about Y.  I find an expert in Y.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.