News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New Toy

Started by PopeyesPappy, January 11, 2020, 11:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

2" x 72" Reeder grinder with a 2 HP motor and a VFD. It's a big step up from the 1" x 30" Harbor Freight grinder I've been using. Going make momma a new paring knife. ;)

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

aitm

Nice. Damn son, you have more  "ramset" loads than a Home Depot. I probably have half as much myself though.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Wow, and industrial grade meat slicer.  Makes me want a baloney sandwich.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: SGOS on January 12, 2020, 09:13:57 AM
Wow, and industrial grade meat slicer.  Makes me want a baloney sandwich.

Not a slicer. A sander. Although with a 36 grit belt on it you could make ground meat out of your hands a fingers if you aren't careful.

SGOS

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 13, 2020, 01:45:33 AM
Not a slicer. A sander. Although with a 36 grit belt on it you could make ground meat out of your hands a fingers if you aren't careful.
I have two sanders.  One is a hand held Black and Decker oscillating sander.  It doesn't actually seem to sand anything, but it makes workmanlike buzzing sound.  The other is a belt sander that I needed to shape the corners on some cabinet tops I made.  I have also used it for needs I don't experience often.  A stationary sander seems rather specialized.  What are you using it for?

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: SGOS on January 17, 2020, 09:30:21 AM
I have two sanders.  One is a hand held Black and Decker oscillating sander.  It doesn't actually seem to sand anything, but it makes workmanlike buzzing sound.  The other is a belt sander that I needed to shape the corners on some cabinet tops I made.  I have also used it for needs I don't experience often.  A stationary sander seems rather specialized.  What are you using it for?

Grinding steel. The plan is to make knives.

Everybody gets knives for Christmas next year.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 17, 2020, 01:33:51 PM

They made a murder mystery movie about that ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Just don't give any knives to knaves...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Knives out!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

I got a new toy too.

I can't share what it is or used for here.

But it does have a nice blue marble design
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PopeyesPappy

My grinder is up and running. Getting it running was the easy part. The hard part was reorganizing the garage so I'd have a good place to run it.

SGOS

I wish my kitchen was as clean as your garage.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: SGOS on January 25, 2020, 08:07:42 PM
I wish my kitchen was as clean as your garage.

lol. If you had spent Friday night and all day Saturday, Sunday, and Monday cleaning and organizing your kitchen like I did my garage I'm sure it would be. 

PopeyesPappy

So I got the forge fired up and started 6 knives today. The 3 on the right have been heat treated.

PopeyesPappy

Got a small wheel attachment so I can get into those inside corners easier.