News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A Bible Lesson at the Tire Shop

Started by SGOS, March 05, 2020, 07:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

So I'm in the waiting room while the shop is working on my car, and I'm looking for something to read when some rough looking guy pushes a Bible toward me and asks if I read it.  I told him I had read parts of it years ago, but never got through the whole thing, so he starts explaining God's plan.  I just sat and listened, doing my spotting the fallacies thing, but not debating. 

It turns out that God created us to live forever, but when Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge, part of their punishment and all of mankind to follow was to lose eternal life.  This is why people in the Bible used to live 800 years, but the punishment didn't take effect right away, and when it did, people started dying much younger.  You may have wondered about this before, so I'm telling you now so you won't have to think about it anymore.  You're welcome.

Then Jesus died for us, and we were given life after death as sort of a consolation prize.  I asked him about his denomination, and he told be he worshiped with friends at someone's house.  Then the tire guy said my car was ready, and I got the Hell out of there.

Hydra009

If Hell exists, it would be being trapped in a room while people preach to me about how hell exists with obvious fallacies.

Unbeliever

Sounds like you barely got away with your life!

:-P
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

I knew a guy on-line like that.  Vietnam Vet, AA member, former alcoholic.  Very up-front Jesus-Only Christianity.  We got along well enough, on-line.  Face-to-Face might be a different story.

When I went for a job interview in Nashville Tennessee back in 95 ... the guy who picked me up at the airport, his first question to me was "What is your religion?" which is to say what form of Protestant Christianity ;-)  I demured.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gregory

Bullshit on a stick.  All Christians think that we speak their language, whereas they hardly know how to speak normally.