A new perspective on this thing that we know as God.

Started by od19g6, December 31, 2019, 05:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: od19g6 on January 08, 2020, 10:33:07 PM
Unbeliever,

Can mere ants invent things 'just like' humans can?

Can mere ants create technically advanced buildings 'just like' humans can create?

Can mere ants build super computers 'just like' humans can?

Can mere ants build travelling devices so that we don't have to travel on foot 'just like' humans can?

Can mere ants create a systematic societal government 'just like' humans do?

Can mere ants build a shuttle to travel outside of their natural globe that known as earth 'just like' humans can?

The human being is far more than just mere animals and beyond being just apart of nature. We have a divine reality and are the controllers of nature.

You can't do any of those things, either, without lots of other people helping you or doing it for you. So, do you not embody the attributes of your God? Is it only in the collectivity of humanity that God's attributes are manifested?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

5 pages of the usual god is mystical and humans are grand......yawn. Still no proof of either, but plenty of evidence for the opposite.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

It'a all going to be a repetition of the nothing he's already talked about, Talk talk talk, but never say anything.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on January 09, 2020, 06:09:16 PM
5 pages of the usual god is mystical and humans are grand......yawn. Still no proof of either, but plenty of evidence for the opposite.

I agree.  We are Satan's own.  But that isn't an atheist position either.  In general people don't want to go to the attic and see the condition of their own Dorian Gray's portrait.  Far better to virtue signal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on January 09, 2020, 08:28:47 PM
I agree.  We are Satan's own.  But that isn't an atheist position either.  In general people don't want to go to the attic and see the condition of their own Dorian Gray's portrait.  Far better to virtue signal.

I like that, good way of describing peoples ugly inner self.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on January 09, 2020, 08:43:42 PM
I like that, good way of describing peoples ugly inner self.

Burnt out hulks from the 60s, are beautiful inside and out.  Their LSD told them so.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: od19g6 on January 08, 2020, 10:16:31 PM
Well let me ask some honest questions:

What are the names and attributes of spiderman?

What is the nature of spiderman?

What does spiderman teach about the human being?

Is spiderman physical or no?

What prophecies do spiderman fulfill from the scriptures of old?

His name is Peter Parker, he can climb walls, shoot web and has precognitive foresight. He's also very strong.

His nature is fictional - but I doubt you would be able to tell the difference from your faith.

He teaches us valor, honesty and perseverance through the stories told about Spiderman. You see it's possible to learn from fictional tales, knowing they're fictional. It's just pretend, like your faith.

No, Spiderman is not physical in the classical sense of the word, despite the multiple movies and comics about him.

Idk what prophecies he fulfills, but that's besides the point. I could make a vague prediction about the future too and I would be right, but it would be no more flights of fancy than your faith.

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 09, 2020, 06:18:50 PM
It'a all going to be a repetition of the nothing he's already talked about, Talk talk talk, but never say anything.
Ministers in church do that.  Their job is to talk.  It varies from minister to minister, but the one's I have known personally are clever enough not to deal with the big question, "How do you know God is real?"  It's the fundamental question and the smart ministers deal with it, although not often, in tangential ways.  I think the only way you can do this is with unnecessary tangential talk.  Talk talk talk... "Look over here.  See me talk?  I'm talking about God as if his existence is real.  I wouldn't do this if he wasn't real (Heh?).  But if I talk as if he is real.  Even if some of what I say makes no sense, it creates an impression that he must be real. And that is my message I want you to hear.  Please put your money in the offering when it goes by, and enjoy your Sunday."

Already convinced died in the wool believers see this, and without thinking, they assume empty blather is important:  "If my minister talks to me this way, I'll talk to you this way.  After all, my minister is very smart, just like Bernie Madoff, who made lots of money.  See me talking?  I'm throwing the best I've got at you.  Logic?  Everyone knows what that is, and I'm very logical.  I know I am because I'm talking to you like my minister, and he's so logical I can hardly believe it. So God has to be real.  Otherwise, I couldn't be so logical."

Unbeliever

That's what apologists do. They don't care about converting non-believers, they just want to give logical-sounding reasons for believers to feel rationally justified in their belief. If they can actually convert any non-believers, that's just icing on the cake.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 10, 2020, 01:25:31 PM
That's what apologists do. They don't care about converting non-believers, they just want to give logical-sounding reasons for believers to feel rationally justified in their belief. If they can actually convert any non-believers, that's just icing on the cake.

Technically Judaism uses apologetics and polemics but not conversion.  Buddhists convert, but get not brownie points for it.  Ideally Hindus are born into it.  Mostly Christians and Muslims both seek conversion and get brownie points for it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

od19g6

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 10, 2020, 01:25:31 PM
Hi everyone.

I think this topic as run it's course.

When I first started this, I just wanted to come with a new perspective on the topic of the existence of God.

I know that atheists what physical evidence and that's understandable because we're living in the physical world. But I was just trying to explain that there is a reality beyond the physical reality, the spiritual reality.

And I was just trying to explain that it is only the human being that manifest that spiritual reality in the physical world to the fullest.

I think that I was giving evidences, because the definition of the word evidence is:
"the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid".

And the "information" that's in the divine teachings are "indicating" that the proof of reality of God is the names and
attributes that only the human being
can display.

There are no physical evidence of God.

I hope that I am welcome again for conversation.

You all have a good one.

Mike Cl

Quote from: od19g6 on January 10, 2020, 06:30:59 PM
Hi everyone.

When I first started this, I just wanted to come with a new perspective on the topic of the existence of God.

You are welcome here as far as I'm concerned.  But you failed in your quest.  You did not offer a new perspective about god.  You are correct in that you say god does not exist in a physical sense.  But your god, and all others, don't exist in any sense. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Gods can only ever exist inside the minds of those who believe in them, like any other fictional character.
God Not Found

Munch

Quote from: od19g6 on January 10, 2020, 06:30:59 PM
Hi everyone.

I know that atheists what physical evidence and that's understandable because we're living in the physical world. But I was just trying to explain that there is a reality beyond the physical reality, the spiritual reality.

And I was just trying to explain that it is only the human being that manifest that spiritual reality in the physical world to the fullest.

I think that I was giving evidences, because the definition of the word evidence is:
"the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid".

And the "information" that's in the divine teachings are "indicating" that the proof of reality of God is the names and
attributes that only the human being
can display.

There are no physical evidence of God.

I hope that I am welcome again for conversation.

You all have a good one.

okay well you did have a good level of grace about this so kudos to that.

But it still doesn't really have validation about evidence, spiritual evidence doesn't account for anything. If you were to use that in a court of law they would throw the book at you.

It is as has been said on the same level of what we think of when we read comic books or watch movies, the escapism of it from our often hum drum lives, the people who write fantasy and fictional novels as the same kind of people who wrote the stories you quote from the bible thousands of years ago.

The only difference is the people writing fiction and fantasy today are open about it being a created fantasy, the people writing fiction and fantasy couple thousand years ago did it to weave people into cult like following.

It may have already been asked but let me ask this one to you. There are thousands of gods in human society, from greek to roman to Japanese to celtic to norse to Indian to native american and beyond. You only believe in one god while they believe or did believe in many others. What if there is a god, but its not your god, but one of these others? 
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

od19g6

Quote from: Munch on January 10, 2020, 09:53:55 PM
okay well you did have a good level of grace about this so kudos to that.

But it still doesn't really have validation about evidence, spiritual evidence doesn't account for anything. If you were to use that in a court of law they would throw the book at you.

It is as has been said on the same level of what we think of when we read comic books or watch movies, the escapism of it from our often hum drum lives, the people who write fantasy and fictional novels as the same kind of people who wrote the stories you quote from the bible thousands of years ago.

The only difference is the people writing fiction and fantasy today are open about it being a created fantasy, the people writing fiction and fantasy couple thousand years ago did it to weave people into cult like following.

It may have already been asked but let me ask this one to you. There are thousands of gods in human society, from greek to roman to Japanese to celtic to norse to Indian to native american and beyond. You only believe in one god while they believe or did believe in many others. What if there is a god, but its not your god, but one of these others?
You brought me back with an interesting question.

I'm not a christian, I'm baha'i by the why.

I know that it seems like they are different gods that some people believe in. But have it ever occured to you and have you ever thought that, because these religions are so old and because they didn't have the recordings that we have today,
That they very well may have been actually talking about one God and those "different" gods that we hear about were actually different "aspects" of that "one God"?