A new perspective on this thing that we know as God.

Started by od19g6, December 31, 2019, 05:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

od19g6

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 01:20:31 PM
Why do people come to atheist boards to talk about their God? Don't they know what the word "atheist" means?
Would you say that what atheist really mean is: anyone who doesn't believe in anything "supernatural"?

od19g6

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 04:44:17 PM
You say it's not about the physical, then you go on to mention nothing but physical stuff.
The physical stuff is the "manifestations" of the names and attributes of God.

Unbeliever

Quote from: od19g6 on January 04, 2020, 05:09:08 PM
Would you say that what atheist really mean is: anyone who doesn't believe in anything "supernatural"?

No, I expect there are atheists who don't believe in any gods (that's why they're atheists) but do believe in supernatural stuff. I don't, but others might.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: od19g6 on January 04, 2020, 05:12:31 PM
The physical stuff is the "manifestations" of the names and attributes of God.

Which you still have yet to enunciate.
God Not Found

od19g6

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 05:16:37 PM
Which you still have yet to enunciate.
I can't be anymore clear.
We will never know and understand God completely, so that's the first thing that we have to keep in mind.
Second, we as human beings is the only animals that can display all of the divine names and attributes of God at the highest level.
Third those names and attributes of God are then manifested in the physical world.

The only beings that are officially higher than the human being are the Prophets / Messengers / Manifestations of God.

Unbeliever

OK, then how's this?

How can we recognize when those names and attributes are being manifested?
God Not Found

od19g6

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 05:35:38 PM
OK, then how's this?

How can we recognize when those names and attributes are being manifested?
Well if you've been kinda paying attention I mentioned some examples of the manifestations.
And those are:

We are the only animal species that can build a city.

We are the only animal species that can build an entire state.

We are the only animal species that canbuild whole countries and entire civilizations.

And I'll tell you this: we are the only animal species that can the animal/nature go into orbit/space travel.

All of those things are manifestations of the divine reality that only the human being has.
We are basically manifesting God to the physical world.
You know in the bible it said God "created man in His image".
What that simply mean is that the human being can display all of the qualities of God. For example, God is known as "Creator" right, but guess what, the human being is a creator as well. You've heard of "the will of God" right, well guess what, the human being have a will as well. These are just some examples.

But I have to say. If you want to kick it up a notch and take it to the next level, the "greatest" "Manifestations" of God are the Prophets / Messengers that have come all though human history and evolution, and taught the human being divine education.

Unbeliever

You can't build a city.

You can't build a state.

You can't build a country, or an entire civilization.

So what are you going on about?

Is God only in the collectivity of humanity?
God Not Found

Sal1981

Quote from: od19g6 on January 04, 2020, 05:51:53 PM
Well if you've been kinda paying attention I mentioned some examples of the manifestations.
And those are:

We are the only animal species that can build a city.

We are the only animal species that can build an entire state.

We are the only animal species that canbuild whole countries and entire civilizations.

And I'll tell you this: we are the only animal species that can the animal/nature go into orbit/space travel.

All of those things are manifestations of the divine reality that only the human being has.
We are basically manifesting God to the physical world.
You know in the bible it said God "created man in His image".
What that simply mean is that the human being can display all of the qualities of God. For example, God is known as "Creator" right, but guess what, the human being is a creator as well. You've heard of "the will of God" right, well guess what, the human being have a will as well. These are just some examples.

But I have to say. If you want to kick it up a notch and take it to the next level, the "greatest" "Manifestations" of God are the Prophets / Messengers that have come all though human history and evolution, and taught the human being divine education.
Your god is superfluous.

You're merely naming some descriptors humans came up with to justify your belief in a deity.

Rename the descriptors into anything else, and you have changed nothing, just like you've changed nothing about the stuff we call "cities", "states" & "countries".

But I reckon you won't be able to see the trees for the forest.

od19g6

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 04, 2020, 06:00:44 PM
You can't build a city.

You can't build a state.

You can't build a country, or an entire civilization.

So what are you going on about?

Is God only in the collectivity of humanity?
We absolutely have done those things. We are actually standing in them.
Those things are just examples of the power that the human animal have to display the qualities of God and manifest them in the things that we see around us.

Unbeliever

Quote from: od19g6 on January 04, 2020, 06:48:44 PM
We absolutely have done those things. We are actually standing in them.
Those things are just examples of the power that the human animal have to display the qualities of God and manifest them in the things that we see around us.

Neither you nor I have done any of those things. Only collections of humans can do any of them.

So, again - does that mean God is only in the collective?
God Not Found

od19g6

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 04, 2020, 06:33:26 PM
Your god is superfluous.

You're merely naming some descriptors humans came up with to justify your belief in a deity.

Rename the descriptors into anything else, and you have changed nothing, just like you've changed nothing about the stuff we call "cities", "states" & "countries".

But I reckon you won't be able to see the trees for the forest.
Well, you can believe that if you want.

The human being is a noble creature by default, but you have to remember we're "animals" as well. So the human being has both an animal nature and a spiritual nature. We just have to take care not to let the animal nature take over.

That's where the Prophets / Messengers comes in. They are like rare divine Teachers that appears around about every 1000 years to bring humanity divine education and to fine tune the human being's spiritual reality.

Unbeliever

Why can't God just tell all of us what he wants us to know? Why limit his messaging to a small number of people, whom the rest of us then have to believe are God's spokespersons?

That's just stupid. And you're stupid if you believe it.
God Not Found

Sal1981

Quote from: od19g6 on January 04, 2020, 07:00:54 PM
Well, you can believe that if you want.

The human being is a noble creature by default, but you have to remember we're "animals" as well. So the human being has both an animal nature and a spiritual nature. We just have to take care not to let the animal nature take over.

That's where the Prophets / Messengers comes in. They are like rare divine Teachers that appears around about every 1000 years to bring humanity divine education and to fine tune the human being's spiritual reality.
Anyone that says they speak for god and believed to be so, have influence over other people.

Why can't god just speak to the people directly? Why the mouthpiece?