Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Happy Holidays!

Started by PopeyesPappy, December 25, 2019, 10:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Sal1981

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals, and a happy new year.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

What??  It's the Winter Solstice again?

Mr.Obvious

Hope y'all had good food, fine wine, nice company and treasured gifts.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Unbeliever

I had a nice relaxing day spent with my nose in a book. No better way to spend time!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

I went round my brothers on the day with the family, plus sister in laws mother. We a nice day, good food, and even watched the classic oliver! the musical version singing together.

Today boxing day they came round here and had a boxing day meal of leftover turkey, ham, pigs in blankets, salad, crisps, eggs, pretzels, spring rolls, battered mushrooms and other mixed stuff that could be cooked in 15 minutes in the oven.
Played trivial pursuit kids addition, which thankfully had both kid and adult questions in teams.

and tomorrow have my aunt coming for a quick visit with my sweet cousin who I've not seen in a couple years, so looking forward to that.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Spent the whole day far away from family, still moving from the old place.  Depressed (this is my worst holiday because of old family reasons).  But better now, because I am heading back to my new home, where I will have a belated minimal Christmas with my daughter.  Before Christmas, she drove me around so we could look at the fancy Christmas house lights in the rich people's neighborhood.  This is an old American habit BTW.  Haven't had a good Christmas since 1985.  Fortunately, there are 364 more days to the year!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on December 27, 2019, 07:41:02 PM
Spent the whole day far away from family, still moving from the old place.  Depressed (this is my worst holiday because of old family reasons).  But better now, because I am heading back to my new home, where I will have a belated minimal Christmas with my daughter.  Before Christmas, she drove me around so we could look at the fancy Christmas house lights in the rich people's neighborhood.  This is an old American habit BTW.  Haven't had a good Christmas since 1985.  Fortunately, there are 364 more days to the year!

Glad you got to have it with your daughter.

I know how you feel, despite having spent it with my mother, brother and nephews, I have only had one Christmas where I spent it with my partner and mother/brother, which was the best one I had about 5 years ago.
Since then I've never been able to spend it with him, and I know going forward I'm going to have to sacrifice Christmas with either my mother, or my partner due to the distance and circumstances.

Still, with yours you got to have time with your daughter which is nice. Funny enough me and my mother did a similar thing after getting a bus back from the big supermarket food pickup, was so late it was dark, and we kept regarding all the fancy Christmas lights outside people's homes, hee.

Baruch

Best seasons greetings I have seen so far ...

“Santa Trump will CRUSH his enemies like the vermin they ARE!” … Merry Trumpmas!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

So, who got what for christmass? or saturnalia or whatever...
I got some clothes and card game called 'valse motten', (translatable as either 'fake moths' or 'cheating moths', and I think the latter is more fitting.)
Got some wine too, and the gf and i got to go and spend the night in a zoo, next to bears and wolves. With plenty of great food thrown in, by her father and stepmom.
I also have a raincheck on an afternoon in a private sauna/spa with the gf, as her present.
I got her an Ipad.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Let's see--I put up my stocking with care and it was filled the usual--some lumps of coal and a switch.   Got more coal this year, tho..................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 29, 2019, 01:29:23 PM
So, who got what for christmass? or saturnalia or whatever...
I got some clothes and card game called 'valse motten', (translatable as either 'fake moths' or 'cheating moths', and I think the latter is more fitting.)
Got some wine too, and the gf and i got to go and spend the night in a zoo, next to bears and wolves. With plenty of great food thrown in, by her father and stepmom.
I also have a raincheck on an afternoon in a private sauna/spa with the gf, as her present.
I got her an Ipad.

Ex made me another crochet fingerless mittens, daughter sewed me some padded coasters.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

I got BoJack horseman first season on dvd, a new scarf and gloves, cologne, and an amethyst geode
Also a £10 gift card, gonna look for a book or movie tomorrow

Unbeliever

Visions of sugar plums danced in my head.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman