Rick Perry revels God's plan.....

Started by Mike Cl, November 25, 2019, 11:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Stop struggling America and understand what is really going on! 
Rick Perry has spoken:
In an interview clip shown on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends,” Perry told Ed Henry that the president was “the chosen one” sent by God to rule over America. The former Texas governor and Republican presidential rival of Trump used Old Testament kings to make his point.

This has been and will be just the will of God--just believe!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Gawdzilla Sama

Proves how many people don't listen to their pols.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 25, 2019, 11:39:43 AM
Rick Perry has spoken:
In an interview clip shown on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends,” Perry told Ed Henry that the president was “the chosen one” sent by God to rule over America. The former Texas governor and Republican presidential rival of Trump used Old Testament kings to make his point.

Well, as John Ashcroft said, "We have no king but Jesus!"
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 25, 2019, 01:37:20 PM
Well, as John Ashcroft said, "We have no king but Jesus!"
I guess then, he was wrong, for he forgot about T.Rump
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Well, Trump's no king yet, and I don't think he'll ever get that far. I expect his time is just about up. But then we may have Pence, and he'll try hard, along with his millions of evangelicals, to turn America into a Dominionist theocracy.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 25, 2019, 11:39:43 AM
Rick Perry has spoken:

Has Texas ever had a good governor?  Last time I checked, Rick Perry had a brain failure in the 2016 election .. and before that thought he was Jefferson Davis ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 25, 2019, 01:54:34 PM
Well, Trump's no king yet, and I don't think he'll ever get that far. I expect his time is just about up. But then we may have Pence, and he'll try hard, along with his millions of evangelicals, to turn America into a Dominionist theocracy.

Unfortunately you may be Right.  Perry may be angling for a position in a Pence Dominionist Theocracy ... yikes!

Yeah ... get Pence into the #1 slot.  Genius!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 25, 2019, 01:54:34 PM
Maybe, maybe not.  The repubs treat him as a king. I will not be shocked if he is impeached in the house (but not surprised if the Dems cave and don't go for impeachment) and is gotten off by the Senate.  And he wins the 2020 election.  If that is not a mandate to make him king, he will take it as such--and try him worst to make it so he is Donald I with one of his kids picked to be Donald II.  Who will stop him?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on November 25, 2019, 02:28:41 PM
Has Texas ever had a good governor?  Last time I checked, Rick Perry had a brain failure in the 2016 election .. and before that thought he was Jefferson Davis ;-(
That is the truest thing you have said in ages!

Gawdzilla Sama

Rick Perry REVELS God's plan.

Freud would approve.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

trumps not the chosen one, wheres he's scar?

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei-9DMQWnpI

Quick question: who couldn't be defended with this sort of argument?

aitm

Well, Bibilically, if I recall, the babble states that all authorities are chosen by god. So, it's his fault if you get a clown.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Blackleaf

To be fair, God has always been awful at selecting his chosen ones. The first King God chose didn't even get an heir. God was like, "You don't kill everything that moves when I tell you to, so I'm just going to pick someone else at random. Looks like...this shepherd boy gets a turn!"

Then there's Sampson, the biggest dumbass in the Bible. Wife demands to know his weakness, he lies, she uses the fake weakness on him and fails. She demands to know his real weakness, he lies, she tries and fails to use his fake weakness to kill him again. And repeat until he actually tells her his real weakness. How stupid can you get? Get rid of her! She's obviously trying to kill you!
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--