Hong Kong pro-democracy groups make huge gains

Started by Hydra009, November 24, 2019, 10:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

QuoteAccording to the figures, pro-democracy candidates have won 278 seats so far, and pro-Beijing candidates 42.

QuoteThe government and Beijing had been hoping the election would bring a show of support from the so-called "silent majority", but that did not materialise. Instead some significant pro-Beijing candidates lost council seats.

One controversial pro-Beijing lawmaker, who lost his seat, Junius Ho, said "heaven and earth have been turned upside down".
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-50531408

So, it turns out that most voters are pro-voting.  Who knew?  Not Beijing, apparently.

SGOS

Sounds like it's time to bring in the tanks.  Actually, I'm surprised it didn't happen months ago.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on November 25, 2019, 02:03:06 AM
Sounds like it's time to bring in the tanks.  Actually, I'm surprised it didn't happen months ago.
If that happened, Beijing would get condemned so hard on Twitter for almost a whole week.  I don't know how they cope with living with that sort of fear.

Unbeliever

They'd just shut down the internet all over China. Can't have twitter if there's no web.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 25, 2019, 01:59:54 PM
They'd just shut down the internet all over China. Can't have twitter if there's no web.

They got advice from Iran.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Baruch

Single party dictatorships don't like legitimate votes.  It is always the CIA's fault or the Jews.  If the CIA was effective, Maduro would be dead already.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.