News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What do you think happened at Zeitoun?

Started by Syrimoon, November 24, 2019, 10:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Syrimoon on November 24, 2019, 11:01:23 AM
But did tens of thousands claim to see it?

Fml man I've just been on a hell spree of reading Catholic miracles and it's really got me shaken up. Anyone hear about the statue of Akita thar, when tested,  was indeed oozing real blood and tears? I want to find a rational explanation of that but I just can't
Look at it this way.  Does god (any god) give a shit about his created people?  Would a god that does hide his 'works' from 95% of his creation?  He knows the intelligence level of his creation so why not simply make something happen that all can see, feel, hear and sense, as opposed to just reveling a tiny bit to a very small group of people?  Why did this wonderful god simply not make a universal rule book, in every language and plop them down in all areas of the world?  Instead he uses stealth and affects a tiny amount of people????  It makes more sense that people are easily fooled and really usually find what it is they want to find, even if it is not there. 

Tens of thousands saw it???  Really?  That number couldn't be inflated, could it?  And if not, that is only a tiny, tiny fraction of the 7+ billion that exist.  Not a very good effort by the 'Creator of the Universe' is it?  So, he is willing to shit-can 99% of his creation.  What a merciful, just, and considerate god you want to believe in.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Syrimoon

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 24, 2019, 12:46:45 PM
Look at it this way.  Does god (any god) give a shit about his created people?  Would a god that does hide his 'works' from 95% of his creation?  He knows the intelligence level of his creation so why not simply make something happen that all can see, feel, hear and sense, as opposed to just reveling a tiny bit to a very small group of people?  Why did this wonderful god simply not make a universal rule book, in every language and plop them down in all areas of the world?  Instead he uses stealth and affects a tiny amount of people????  It makes more sense that people are easily fooled and really usually find what it is they want to find, even if it is not there. 

Tens of thousands saw it???  Really?  That number couldn't be inflated, could it?  And if not, that is only a tiny, tiny fraction of the 7+ billion that exist.  Not a very good effort by the 'Creator of the Universe' is it?  So, he is willing to shit-can 99% of his creation.  What a merciful, just, and considerate god you want to believe in.
I was just in Catholicism so long that I have all the indoctrinated answers to be able to spit back out to all of that, none of which stand up to scrutiny,  I know, but which I still struggle with

I know I have fast gotten the reputation as a troll or apologist but I'm not. I'm a survivor of religious trauma going through a breakdown

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Syrimoon on November 24, 2019, 12:37:07 PM
I'm repeating what I've read and can't understand in hopes others can help me understand
Understanding isn't involved with you, you want someone to tell you it's real. We see that kind of stupidity a lot here.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Syrimoon

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 24, 2019, 01:30:39 PM
Understanding isn't involved with you, you want someone to tell you it's real. We see that kind of stupidity a lot here.

I don't but ok

Minimalist

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Syrimoon on November 24, 2019, 10:05:56 AM
In the 60s-70s in Egypt there were sightings of an apparition of the virgin Mary on the roof of a church by believers and nonbelievers alike. There are also many photographs which according to articles can not be proven to be faked. Many consider it one of the most convincing Marian apparitions. I've seen theories involving projections and holograms but it doesn't seem likely. Police even at one point cut all power to the church and people still saw these lights and figures

Hallucination, can happen in groups effected by group hysteria.

You are trying to prove the Catholic god is the one true god?  You are wrong.  But free to believe whatever.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Syrimoon on November 24, 2019, 11:25:59 AM
Do you have an explanation for why fluid collected from a bleeding statue was confirmed to be blood

Red liquid.  If blood, it could be DNA tested.  Was it tested?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Syrimoon

Quote from: Minimalist on November 24, 2019, 04:37:13 PM
https://youtu.be/ZCL4dXUtblg

I can agree to an extent but I just look at how many miracles have said to occur and how many witnesses they have and how many secular people a d doctors and skeptics have had to look at things and go, I can not explain this. Maybe I'm sick or maybe I'm mentally ill or whatever but my mind fills this gap with, there's too much unexplained and too many coincidences in favor of miracles and I don't know what to do to overcome this thought process

Syrimoon

Quote from: Baruch on November 24, 2019, 05:03:09 PM
Red liquid.  If blood, it could be DNA tested.  Was it tested?

It was type tested but this was before dna

Baruch

Quote from: Syrimoon on November 24, 2019, 12:37:07 PM
I'm repeating what I've read and can't understand in hopes others can help me understand

If you don't experience it yourself, then it isn't of much use to you.  This applies to almost everything.  I experience G-d all the time, being a mystic.  So that precaution is waived in my case, and others like me.  Oh, I met Jesus in one of my vivid dreams.  But was it Jesus, or just me being Jesus?  Anyway, he didn't impart much, not even a winning lotto ticket number.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Syrimoon on November 24, 2019, 05:04:50 PM
It was type tested but this was before dna

Too bad.  Maybe next time they can DNA test it and see if the blood is Jewish.

Again, you want a sign.  You are a Pharisee.  You are going to Hell, sorry.  In Heaven you get to study Talmud with a prophet, maybe even Moses if you are good enough.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 24, 2019, 10:28:35 AM
I have a purple dragon in my garage. You can't prove it's not there because it's invisible. As is the garage.

Some people can search for a black cat, in a totally dark room, that isn't there - and find it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Syrimoon

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 24, 2019, 05:16:01 PM
Some people can search for a black cat, in a totally dark room, that isn't there - and find it.

I feel like I have an abundance of those right now

How were all of you able to do it? What am I missing between "I don't know what happened here but it isn't god" to "they claim it's real and there's evidence so ikts god?" I'm so damn torn because I can read articles about the sketchy origins of all these stories and agree yeah, the id religion isn't true, but you show me Marian apparitions that I don't know How to explain and suddenly it's new evidence to send backwards

Unbeliever

Quote from: Syrimoon on November 24, 2019, 11:01:23 AM
But did tens of thousands claim to see it?

Fml man I've just been on a hell spree of reading Catholic miracles and it's really got me shaken up. Anyone hear about the statue of Akita thar, when tested,  was indeed oozing real blood and tears? I want to find a rational explanation of that but I just can't

Given the omnipotent nature of the God you've been told about, don't you think it could do a bit more than merely to make statues weep?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Syrimoon on November 24, 2019, 05:19:39 PM
I feel like I have an abundance of those right now

How were all of you able to do it? What am I missing between "I don't know what happened here but it isn't god" to "they claim it's real and there's evidence so ikts god?" I'm so damn torn because I can read articles about the sketchy origins of all these stories and agree yeah, the id religion isn't true, but you show me Marian apparitions that I don't know How to explain and suddenly it's new evidence to send backwards

Stop reading now!  Step away from the book, newspaper, Internet etc slowly.  Go take a nap.  Your reading isn't doing you any good.  This doesn't end well.  You will end up reading all the articles on Wikipedia and want to refute them all!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.