News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What do you think happened at Zeitoun?

Started by Syrimoon, November 24, 2019, 10:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrimoon

In the 60s-70s in Egypt there were sightings of an apparition of the virgin Mary on the roof of a church by believers and nonbelievers alike. There are also many photographs which according to articles can not be proven to be faked. Many consider it one of the most convincing Marian apparitions. I've seen theories involving projections and holograms but it doesn't seem likely. Police even at one point cut all power to the church and people still saw these lights and figures

Sal1981

I saw a butt on a piece of toast the other day.

All hail Butt!

Gawdzilla Sama

I have a purple dragon in my garage. You can't prove it's not there because it's invisible. As is the garage.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Syrimoon

But did tens of thousands claim to see it?

Fml man I've just been on a hell spree of reading Catholic miracles and it's really got me shaken up. Anyone hear about the statue of Akita thar, when tested,  was indeed oozing real blood and tears? I want to find a rational explanation of that but I just can't

Gawdzilla Sama

Wallowing in bullshit doesn't make you smell better.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sal1981

Quote from: Syrimoon on November 24, 2019, 11:01:23 AM
But did tens of thousands claim to see it?

Fml man I've just been on a hell spree of reading Catholic miracles and it's really got me shaken up. Anyone hear about the statue of Akita thar, when tested,  was indeed oozing real blood and tears? I want to find a rational explanation of that but I just can't
BS. It was confirmed to be olive oil. Now you're just lying.

Syrimoon

Quote from: Sal1981 on November 24, 2019, 11:04:03 AM
BS. It was confirmed to be olive oil. Now you're just lying.

It's not a lot of its what I understand to be true. I can't find anything regarding rhebstatue of Akita actually being olive oil, but I some info

Gawdzilla Sama

I don't think you could understand how to tie your shoelaces.
PZ Myers

Syrimoon

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 24, 2019, 11:23:12 AM
I don't think you could understand how to tie your shoelaces.
Do you have an explanation for why fluid collected from a bleeding statue was confirmed to be blood

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Syrimoon on November 24, 2019, 11:25:59 AM
Do you have an explanation for why fluid collected from a bleeding statue was confirmed to be blood

Simple, somebody's bullshitting.
PZ Myers

Syrimoon

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 24, 2019, 11:29:36 AM
Simple, somebody's bullshitting.

Well, the first one to test it was Catholic, I guess he could have passed on forgeries to the non Christian ones who came after

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Syrimoon

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 24, 2019, 11:49:18 AM
Bingo. You're repeating bullshit.

I'm repeating what I've read and can't understand in hopes others can help me understand