Ohio House passes creationism bill

Started by Hydra009, November 18, 2019, 08:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

https://www.newsweek.com/ohio-student-religious-liberties-act-1472008

QuoteThe Ohio state House of Representatives has passed the Student Religious Liberties Act, which prevents teachers from penalizing students for giving incorrect answers on tests or other schoolwork if those facts would conflict with their religious beliefs.

So basically, expect tests to took more like this: 

And take a wild guess which party supported this idiotic assault on science and the idea of truth in general?  Why am I not surprised.  For people so frightened by sharia, they seem strangely intent on paving the way for religion to intermingle with the state.  How will they react when islamic creationism gets an A?

aitm

Yeah, I saw that as well. What a crock.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

13th century here we come!  The christian Know-Nothings coming back in full force.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

I was told by NY folk who lived in Indiana, that the people there not too bright.  Apparently this has infected Ohio .-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I guess Ohio Republicans have figured out that ignorant people are much easier to manipulate into voting against their best interests.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

This is what private school was invented for, to keep the crazies away from everyone else
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on November 18, 2019, 05:50:12 PM
This is what private school was invented for, to keep the crazies away from everyone else

But Eton school boy's uniforms were so cute 100 years ago.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on November 18, 2019, 08:09:20 PM
But Eton school boy's uniforms were so cute 100 years ago.

Someone forgot to tell them the casting for Oliver twist had been decided, and just left them wondered for years after.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

Meh, they're in training for being Mucho Pomposso.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

I can only apologize for my home state, which seems hell-bent on turning itself into the Alabama of the Rust Belt.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Perhaps the Ohio senate will not support it.  This is why legislatures are best with two levels, the junior level and the senior level.  See the Federalist Papers if you doubt that.  The junior level is closer to the mob rule of the People.  The senior level takes more time to consider things, and filter out the more crazy ideas of the junior level.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

They're Republicans - of course they'll support it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 21, 2019, 01:34:11 PM
They're Republicans - of course they'll support it.

Both upper and lower house are R party.  So no communist revolution yet.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.