Those who "witnessed" Fatimas miracle 18 km away

Started by Syrimoon, November 17, 2019, 07:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrimoon

Quote from: SGOS on November 21, 2019, 03:29:18 PM
That's the way it was for me as a Lutheran, although I don't think we made a big deal about the modern day miracles like an image in pizza crust.  I used to think the idea of miracles was kind of nice, and I happily played along because it was like my little friends and I that used to stand in front of a brick wall and command it to open a door like in Arabian Nights, but of course we didn't really believe it, and I thought that was the way for everyone.  They didn't really believe in miracles along with about half of what the Bible said, but we all played along because the idea was nice.  Later, when I found out that many people actually believed, even claimed to know that God existed, I distanced myself from the whole thing, because I didn't want anyone to get the idea that I actually believe that stuff.

That's a very familiar situation. I remember getting in a fight with my older sister when I was only six because I couldn't understand that people really believed god was real. Then again at 11 I was asking my friends if they ever wondered if the bible was just all made up by men a long long time ago, and was surprised theyenever had any doubts they eoilf admit to

Baruch

Quote from: Syrimoon on November 21, 2019, 01:23:46 PM
I appreciate both of yalls responses. I'll be honest, I don't know where instant yet between theist, atheist, agnostic, etc, I'm mostly concerned with continuing to seperate myself from a Christian only worldview and the dogma that comes with it, so I do appreciate multiple views here, though I'm trying to learn to look at things through a rational and physical worldview

MikeCL is a good guy, but also a pure materialist.  Per RNC both MikeCL and I are also heretics.  Physics gets him to the grocery store, same as for me.  I don't call on a magic carpet to get to my grocery store.  Sorry for your health.  I hope you can find a way to ameliorate.  My daughter suffers from mental problems.  I can hope that my more focused response is useful for you.  And I extended that precisely because you should understand where I am coming from.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Baruch, you're a lot like quantum mechanics - anyone who thinks they understand you doesn't understand you.

;-)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 22, 2019, 01:54:21 PM
Baruch, you're a lot like quantum mechanics - anyone who thinks they understand you doesn't understand you.

;-)

That is insightful.  In QM you have to understand the whole, before you understand the part, the opposite of the usual.  But really, I do hope one doesn't have to read all 36,000 posts to understand even one post ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.