News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Another California Shooting

Started by Draconic Aiur, November 14, 2019, 12:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/14/us/california-school-shooting/index.html

QuoteLos Angeles (CNN)Several people have been injured in a shooting at a high school in the Southern California city of Santa Clarita, and authorities are looking for the shooter, law enforcement officials said.

The shooting happened Thursday morning at Saugus High School some 30 miles northwest of Los Angeles, authorities said, sending students streaming out of the building and emergency workers rushing to the scene.
School shooting reported in Santa Clarita
School shooting reported in Santa Clarita
Deputies are looking for a suspect described as an Asian male in black clothing, the department said on Twitter. The suspect is believed to be a student at the school, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva told CNN affiliate KABC.
Six patients -- three in critical condition -- have been taken to hospitals, officials at the facilities said. At least five were shot, a sheriff's department official said.

Mike Cl

It has simply become part of living in this country--nothing unusual here, just move along.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Don't live in California, and live in a gated community, and you have less to be concerned about.  Or don't worry.  Where I moved to, has a much higher crime rate than where I moved from.  And I moved because my daughter is here.  But I didn't consider the crime rate.  So I will just have to not worry.  I don't have any grandchildren yet, so school safety isn't an acute concern.

"... crime analytics. With a crime rate of 55 per one thousand residents, ... has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 18." ... US average is 14 per one thousand residents.  GB measures crime in a different way.

I am armed.  But success is avoiding an incident, not successful violence on my part.  I know where not to go, when not to go, and what kind of people get into trouble.  Once lived in an inner city Hispanic gang neighborhood.  I made sure I knew some Spanish, that I was Hispanic friendly, and avoided any direct involvement.

Most recently I was living in a slum apartment.  In the time I was there, my next door neighbor, I saw what looked like an MS-13 member leaving after making a drug delivery.  If you live in a nice upper middle class neighborhood, like Littleton CO, you have nothing to worry about, except your own murderous latchkey teen males.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Oh--don't forget--thoughts and prayers.  Yep--that has worked so far.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 14, 2019, 08:11:51 PM
Oh--don't forget--thoughts and prayers.  Yep--that has worked so far.

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Don't like Voodoo ... you racist! (sarc)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.