The rot of the Boomers and the return of the dog's vomit of the 60s ....

Started by Baruch, February 24, 2020, 03:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ7OJ7_32y8

The Me generation.  The denial of all ideas and demonization of all action other than the self indulgence of sex, drugs, protest and anti-art.  Nihilism and suicide results.

This is why I am retiring.  I don't need to poison the next generation any more than I already have ... a once and always Center-Left person from the "sane" 70s.

Individual physical and mental health ... and collective physical and mental health are real things.  Being a Boomer didn't negate that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Are you a collectivist by any chance?

All I saw in that vid was a 50 something old dude complaining about an even older culture. I don't think you can so easily define a generation (whatever that scope is supposed to be) from the cultural affinities they show. We are way too varied to be so easily defined in scope, especially a whole generation. Hippies, man.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on February 24, 2020, 06:10:05 PM
Are you a collectivist by any chance?

All I saw in that vid was a 50 something old dude complaining about an even older culture. I don't think you can so easily define a generation (whatever that scope is supposed to be) from the cultural affinities they show. We are way too varied to be so easily defined in scope, especially a whole generation. Hippies, man.

I saw Yellow Submarine in the theater.  I was 10 miles from the Watts Riots.  No, I'm not a collectivist aka identity politics (divide and conquer by the Left).  I don't even believe in humanity as a group ;-)

So, all groups, including all political parties, are imaginary?  Not everyone in the 60s was John Lennon or Yoko Ono.  Just those two.  But they were very influential.  It was bad enough to live thru history, it is shear folly to repeat any of it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 24, 2020, 06:19:50 PM
Baruch like to paint with the largest possible brush.

Sure, I am the only one anywhere who generalizes.  But generalization is legit if your commissar authorized it.

No Boomers.  No Americans.  No Russians.  No Millennials ... it is all fake, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age." - HP Lovecraft: The Call of Cthulhu

See what false enlightenment gets you?  Liberals just hope to be eaten by the Abyss, last.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.