United States Greenlights Kurdish Genocide

Started by Shiranu, October 07, 2019, 01:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on October 16, 2019, 06:43:58 PM
Russian military is moving into the region. You sure they don't have an interest in this fight?

They just want to help their Turkish ally.  Thank god the Russians aren't communist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 16, 2019, 08:41:36 PM
Well, what could possibly go wrong?

DailyKos is a DNC propaganda rag.  So no bonus points for you.  I prefer to take my Marxism neat ... read The Jacobin instead.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Baruch

"Turkish President Erdogan "Dumped Trump's Letter In The Trash", Launched Syria Invasion In Response" .. the letter referenced in the article, seems the same as the one posted here earlier.

Yeah, Turkey, we needed your assistance in 1991 against Iraq, and didn't get it.  Worst Nato ally ever.  Enjoy your borsch rations in the Russian army.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 16, 2019, 01:21:12 PM
I'm not on the internet, I'm just a figment of your imagination.

LOL, somebody over here wrote that Trump's recent letter is the proof that we actually exist in a simulation and they are making fun of us testing it in happy hours in the office while drinking.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 17, 2019, 09:24:44 AM
LOL, somebody over here wrote that Trump's recent letter is the proof that we actually exist in a simulation and they are making fun of us testing it in happy hours in the office while drinking.

Enjoy your arak while you can.  In Greece we call it ouzo.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on October 17, 2019, 09:35:58 AM
Enjoy your arak while you can.  In Greece we call it ouzo.

What is arak? You mean rakı?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on October 17, 2019, 09:14:49 AM
Is that Trump's signature or a readout from his latest polygraph exam?

LOL, it seems legit. He forgot the hearts and the xxxs though.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on October 17, 2019, 08:58:29 AM
They just want to help their Turkish ally.  Thank god the Russians aren't communist.

Usually, the reason dictates that the guy who has your weapons is your ally and you shouldn't betray them. Esp. in the end when you are in the same boat called Nato. But then I just checked, Nato was founded in 1949; Ä°ncirlik air base was founded in 1951; Turkey has become a member im 1952. LOL, just LOL. Yeah well, the word is Gladio. Apparently, Gladio operations in Turkey are the only one that wasn't dismantled. And here we are trying to interpret it as if it can be. I wish we could cut out the country like a cake and put in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 17, 2019, 10:01:12 AM
Usually, the reason dictates that the guy who has your weapons is your ally and you shouldn't betray them. Esp. in the end when you are in the same boat called Nato. But then I just checked, Nato was founded in 1949; Ä°ncirlik air base was founded in 1951; Turkey has become a member im 1952. LOL, just LOL. Yeah well, the word is Gladio. Apparently, Gladio operations in Turkey are the only one that wasn't dismantled. And here we are trying to interpret it as if it can be. I wish we could cut out the country like a cake and put in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Sorry, Turkey lost my support in 1991.  They should never have been in Nato (cultural incompatibility).  Turkey's natural ally is Syria of course.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Sylar

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 17, 2019, 03:26:50 AM

Whoa. No, it is not. It's fake. It's not just the subtitles, video looks edited-pasted from several different ones. First of all there is nothing about this in Turkish media or in the international media, because it is fake. Because these sessions can be watched from by its own channel live. Beyond that if any of the mutual threats or the speech were real, it would be used politically instantly, in and out. It would be a big deal. It would go viral. E: It's also seen by 2400 people since 2016, lol. Seriously?

He is not using a bad language to begin with, let alone threatening the PM or the country with some grand standing speech or screaming 'kill me' or 'drop your bombs...' He is using a normal language and saying that 34 civillians were killed 5 years ago then. He is also talking about a toddler's death. I think he is talking about this with the first? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-16352388 A group of smugglers were killed being suspected as PKK militants. I am not sure.

As far as I can hear, nobody is shouting 'shoot him'. I heard someone saying 'you should be in prison'. They are mostly shouting "what are you talking about?" at the beginning. It's hard to hear the shoutings, it can't be understood probably why the video was found suitable to be used like this. Then it gets intense and I think somebody says 'terrorist' -I can't hear it- because he says 'You can shout all you want, but I am here as a voted official and you can't call me a terrorist'.

Somebody wrote completely different lines in the subtitles. The themes are very different to begin with. There is no talk about 'our free land' or Kurdistan or Greeks or Armenians or MoÄŸolistan ?. Or we are going to do this or that...Turks are this, Kurds are that. He is not even says Kurds or Turks. He is saying the civilian deaths related to this issue in the country is a real problem the government should look into and that they will adress this at every opportunity.

And the head of the parliament is only trying to calm people, but at some places his mouth is not even moving when there is voice. There are only two people with a microphone after all. He is not threatening him or adressing the others in a manner reflected in the vid. He is not saying anything other than trying to calm and warning that he should follow the regulations in the constitution. But that part seems to be added from somewhere else -where he has the red book in hear hand- because what is the relation? He is talking. It's what he says they react.

Thank you for clearing it up. This shows how important it is to fact check everything spread on social media. I received it in my inbox yesterday, but I don't like to spread somthing I do not understand, even with supposed subtitles.

A topic for another thread: how to shield elderly people -- especially those with lack of computer and internet skills -- from such propaganda?
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 17, 2019, 12:10:38 PM
I'll alert the Turkish media.

Or you can have no friends at all.  Will Shia Iran love Turkey?  Iraq is half Shia, will they love Turkey?  Are the other Turkmen countries jealous of Turkey, will they help you invade Iran?  I supported the local Turkish cultural center when it opened 13 years ago, because I wanted my daughter to share in appreciating Near East culture.  But that isn't the same as supporting the Turkish ghazi government.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sylar on October 17, 2019, 12:12:28 PM
Thank you for clearing it up. This shows how important it is to fact check everything spread on social media. I received it in my inbox yesterday, but I don't like to spread somthing I do not understand, even with supposed subtitles.

A topic for another thread: how to shield elderly people -- especially those with lack of computer and internet skills -- from such propaganda?

In Turkey, aren't the senior men traditionally down at the coffee/hookah bar socializing?  When the senior women are at home cooking dinner?  We haven't had that in the US, since traditional saloons closed down in 1920.  Being non-Muslim of course they served alcohol at our bars.  Cocktail lounges aren't the same, particularly since they admit women.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.