United States Greenlights Kurdish Genocide

Started by Shiranu, October 07, 2019, 01:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on October 15, 2019, 06:37:24 PM
The United States is now threatening sanctions on Turkey if they do not cease immediately. Erdogan is basically telling us to fuck ourselves.

1. I'm sorry, what did you expect to happen? You give a dictator the green-light to start a military campaign, then when you tell him he has to stop you expect him to?

2. What does Russia stand to gain from this? When it comes to Trumpian policy, that should be the number one question. Does this leave a path open for Russia to gain territory or puppets and bridge the gap to warm water?

I hope Russia conquers the whole world.  Because Putin hates gays (sarc).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on October 16, 2019, 09:02:29 AM
If you were a French street mime, how do you get on the Internet?
I'm not on the internet, I'm just a figment of your imagination.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Trump's letter to Erdogan of Turkey:

QuoteDear Mr. President:
Let’s work out a good deal! You don’t want to be responsible for slaughtering thousands of people, and I don’t want to be responsible for destroying the Turkish economyâ€"and I will. I’ve already given you a little sample with respect to Pastor Brunson.
I have worked hard to resolve some of your problems. Don’t let the world down. You can make a great deal. General Mazloum is willing to negotiate with you, and he is willing to make concessions that they never would have made in the past. I am confidentially enclosing his letter to me, just received.
History will look upon you favorably if you get this the right and humane way. It will look upon you forever as the devil if good things don’t happen. Don’t be a tough guy. Don’t be a fool!
I will call you later.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/10/16/1892939/-This-letter-Trump-sent-to-the-President-of-Turkey-is-so-embarrassing-some-suspect-it-is-a-parody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL-NcBxYnfg
God Not Found

Shiranu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 15, 2019, 06:50:00 PM
No.

Russian military is moving into the region. You sure they don't have an interest in this fight?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

The US apparently has 50 nuclear bombs at a base in Turkey.

I about had a coronary when I read that headline.

Look, I dunno about you guys, but that's about FIFTY TOO FUCKING MANY IN A GODDAMN POWDERKEG OF A REGION.  FUCK ME THAT'S STUPID.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Hydra009

Article from 2016, so people have apparently known about this for years and no one has done anything about this other than warn of the pretty obvious and serious consequences OF HAVING GODDAMN NUKES FALL INTO TERRORIST HANDS:

QuoteThe continued presence of dozens of U.S. nuclear weapons at Incirlik Air Base in Turkey raises serious risks of their seizure by terrorists and other hostile forces, a new report by the nonpartisan Stimson Center finds. The report titled B61 Life Extension Program: Costs and Policy Considerations, found that it was an “unanswerable question,” whether the U.S. could have maintained control of the approximately 50 B61 nuclear weapons based at Incirlik during a protracted civil conflict in Turkey. During the failed July 15 coup attempt, power to Incirlik Air Base was cut off and the Turkish government prohibited U.S. aircraft from flying in or out. Eventually, the Incirlik base commander was arrested and implicated in the coup plot. The report’s findings come exactly one month after the failed coup attempt and on the heels of a milestone earlier this month authorizing the production and engineering phase of the B61 Life Extension Program.

“From a security point of view, it’s a roll of the dice to continue to have approximately 50 of America’s nuclear weapons stationed at Incirlik Air Base in Turkey, just 70 miles from the Syrian border,” said report co-author Laicie Heeley

“These bombs are ill-suited for modern warfare and incredibly costly,” said report co-author Barry Blechman, co-founder of the Stimson Center. “The smart move would be to remove these weapons from Europe and double down to strengthen conventional forces that actually protect our NATO allies.”
Thanks for the tip, Admiral Thrawn.

Hydra009

I mean, some of the points are pretty sensible, but reads like an essay I wrote on the bus in second grade.  Hell, I've put more thought into posts I've made here in the shitposting thread.  That and the general tone varies wildly from threatening to begging.

Please tell me this is a fake.  The nuke thing, too.

Sylar

@drunkenshoe, is the English translation in this video accurate?

https://www.facebook.com/BakurKurds/videos/1131004256964539/

[mod]Per the young lady below that speaks the language the subtitles of this video are fake. They do not reflect what is being said. Please treat it accordingly.[/mod]
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Sylar on October 16, 2019, 10:08:31 PM
@drunkenshoe, is the English translation in this video accurate?

https://www.facebook.com/BakurKurds/videos/1131004256964539/

Whoa. No, it is not. It's fake. It's not just the subtitles, video looks edited-pasted from several different ones. First of all there is nothing about this in Turkish media or in the international media, because it is fake. Because these sessions can be watched from by its own channel live. Beyond that if any of the mutual threats or the speech were real, it would be used politically instantly, in and out. It would be a big deal. It would go viral. E: It's also seen by 2400 people since 2016, lol. Seriously?

He is not using a bad language to begin with, let alone threatening the PM or the country with some grand standing speech or screaming 'kill me' or 'drop your bombs...' He is using a normal language and saying that 34 civillians were killed 5 years ago then. He is also talking about a toddler's death. I think he is talking about this with the first? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-16352388 A group of smugglers were killed being suspected as PKK militants. I am not sure.

As far as I can hear, nobody is shouting 'shoot him'. I heard someone saying 'you should be in prison'. They are mostly shouting "what are you talking about?" at the beginning. It's hard to hear the shoutings, it can't be understood probably why the video was found suitable to be used like this. Then it gets intense and I think somebody says 'terrorist' -I can't hear it- because he says 'You can shout all you want, but I am here as a voted official and you can't call me a terrorist'.

Somebody wrote completely different lines in the subtitles. The themes are very different to begin with. There is no talk about 'our free land' or Kurdistan or Greeks or Armenians or MoÄŸolistan ?. Or we are going to do this or that...Turks are this, Kurds are that. He is not even says Kurds or Turks. He is saying the civilian deaths related to this issue in the country is a real problem the government should look into and that they will adress this at every opportunity.

And the head of the parliament is only trying to calm people, but at some places his mouth is not even moving when there is voice. There are only two people with a microphone after all. He is not threatening him or adressing the others in a manner reflected in the vid. He is not saying anything other than trying to calm and warning that he should follow the regulations in the constitution. But that part seems to be added from somewhere else -where he has the red book in hear hand- because what is the relation? He is talking. It's what he says they react.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on October 16, 2019, 06:43:58 PM
Russian military is moving into the region. You sure they don't have an interest in this fight?

Russia has been trying to go down to the Mediterranean for centuries, I am sure beyond that and besides the usual power conflict with the USA and tons of things we have no clue about makes them follow their interests.

But I don't understand why are you asking this to me as if I can enlighten you with a rare insight. Or is it sarcasm?

Maybe Putin and Trump made a pact with ErdoÄŸan we don't know. By using Turkish position as a tool? Same policy as using Kurdish tribes and other forces in the region. After all Turkey is not a threat to any of them.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 16, 2019, 08:36:48 PM
The US apparently has 50 nuclear bombs at a base in Turkey.

I about had a coronary when I read that headline.

Look, I dunno about you guys, but that's about FIFTY TOO FUCKING MANY IN A GODDAMN POWDERKEG OF A REGION.  FUCK ME THAT'S STUPID.

You didn't know there were US nukes in the Ä°ncirlik base in Turkey? Seriously? The only reason that base exists to keep those nukes. It was the largest troop movement in the US history, not sure for today. It's existed since 1950s. Others were closed in 1970s ? if I am not mistaken. If we assume there are no other hidden US bases in the country of course. Kinda hard to.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 16, 2019, 06:29:27 PM
Trump's letter to Erdogan of Turkey:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/10/16/1892939/-This-letter-Trump-sent-to-the-President-of-Turkey-is-so-embarrassing-some-suspect-it-is-a-parody

Yeah, I have seen this. But then why did they suspect it to be a parody? It sounds exactly like him, doesn't it? I'd like to see the drafts, lol. That could be more 'fun'. This is probably the mildest version of it. 

Also, it seems more and more -at least to to me- that besides the front show, this whole issue has already been discussed and decisions have already been made. It fits into the whole right leaning policies of the last few years perfectly from every side. Sigh. It's so scary. I'm scared.

aitm

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 15, 2019, 02:03:57 PM
The whole world seems to have a love affair with the nastiest people alive as long as they're supposed to be on our side. Once they step on the other side they're global villains.
APA! What a nice surprise. How are you?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 16, 2019, 01:21:12 PM
I'm not on the internet, I'm just a figment of your imagination.

i didn't know that figs came in mint flavor.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.