United States Greenlights Kurdish Genocide

Started by Shiranu, October 07, 2019, 01:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Also, Erdogan has threatened to send millions of refugees to EU if they don't support his "antiterrorist" military strikes, which is kinda funny in a dark sort of way because these strikes have just created a lot of refugees.

QuoteThe EU struck a migration deal with Turkey in 2016 after political backlash over the inflow of hundreds of thousands of asylum seekers. The bloc promised to give Ankara â,¬6 billion ($6.6 billion).

As a result, the number of people crossing into Greece and other Southern European countries dropped sharply.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/turkeys-erdogan-threatens-eu-with-wave-of-refugees-if-it-doesnt-support-syria-offensive-11570724256

He definitely gives me the impression that he looks at these poor people with dollar signs in his eyes.  A real humanitarian.

drunkenshoe

I have just seen this. Cenk Uygur's explanation, esp. the example of comparing Israel-Filistin and Turkey- PKK situations is very accurate. PKK, not Kurds. Israel protecting itself against terrorism is taken as natural, while there is no context given with Turkish-Kurdish conflict, but only seen as merely an attempt at ethnic cleansing just the heck of it. Turkey is not a rich counrty, it is drowning in debt. There is no explanation anywhere other than bad Turks just hate Kurds. It's ridiculous.

He is also right about that Turkish government actually is very frustrated by the situation. I can add a few other things to that. Firstly tons of turkish people are against sending their sons to there to die (military service is manadatory here, don't forget that not a private entity) and because it is a military operation, because well it is an operation that puts the country in bad light, get them demonised like this. It's again ridiculous people demonise that Turks wouldn't think that way. Also, Turkish citizens don't want Syrians in their country. It will be the first thing to keep his vote down if he can't solve this and as I said before much more money is paid for them than taken for keeping them. Considering the general elections are not far away while Erdogan's party has lost the big centers in the locals, it is not a really good thing to do from a lot of points, but bombings going on around in the country is worse.

So I agree with him. It's very messy and complicated. Except that unlike him and her, I don't see how this move is so extraordinary, considering the hundred year ally logic/dynamics in the Middle East. This is not about Trump not knowing about the ME, I doubt he is the one that made this decision or any other like it. It's a game, in a game, in a game...etc while civilians suffer which nobody cares. It seems USA wants to be seen as out on some important fronts, but why? Also, Saudi Arabia has been supporting PKK for a long time now. So nothing surprising there. I am more worried about ISIL prisoners than anything. Sigh.

Also, he has been threatening EU with the same thing for years now. Considering they cost more than what is 'earned' for them, they are for political use. Also there is racism and hostility against these people over here. It's not good for them either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aymZNJ-4pg

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 10, 2019, 08:30:20 PM
Laugh while you can monkey boy!  LOL

Can't wait for Emperor Xi sends you to Uigher reeducation camp.  Or harvest your Falung Gong organs?

I will be disappointed if drunkenshoe isn't a Turkish patriot.  Support Erdogan reconquest of the Ottoman Empire.  Which would actually be an improvement.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 10, 2019, 09:14:34 PM
Also, Erdogan has threatened to send millions of refugees to EU if they don't support his "antiterrorist" military strikes, which is kinda funny in a dark sort of way because these strikes have just created a lot of refugees.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/turkeys-erdogan-threatens-eu-with-wave-of-refugees-if-it-doesnt-support-syria-offensive-11570724256

He definitely gives me the impression that he looks at these poor people with dollar signs in his eyes.  A real humanitarian.

There are already 300,000 Chinese slave workers (not immigrants) in Italy.  I hope Erdogan sends the whole Middle East to Germany.  Death to Germany!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

I just cussed at you in Turkish and realised it is impossible to translate. So as our undestanding of patriotism is likely to be miles apart, consider yourself dissapointed. It will save time and energy. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Unbeliever

It's too bad Trump's daddy didn't pull out, before it was too late.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Where do you suppose those bombs came from that are being used to kill the Kurds?
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 11, 2019, 02:31:39 PM
Where do you suppose those bombs came from that are being used to kill the Kurds?
We do know the American munitions industry hasn't lacked for work or profits since WWII!  After all we KNEW Saddam had weapons of mass destruction because we built them and gave them to him!  Without US made arms and munitions most of the world's armed conflicts would have to grind to a halt--what a shame that would be. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 11, 2019, 04:53:24 AM
I just cussed at you in Turkish and realised it is impossible to translate. So as our undestanding of patriotism is likely to be miles apart, consider yourself dissapointed. It will save time and energy.

Yes, Google Translate is fake ... it inputs X and outputs Y ... without any understanding.  See The Chinese Room.  Cursing is probably idiomatic.  And idioms are probably the most difficult for humans to translate, and impossible for machine translation.

So patriot as in ... loyal daughter of Germany?  If you have formally changed your citizenship, then good for you.

Honestly, I can't imagine that patriotism in Anatolia .. a 4500 year old civilization with a dozen historical cultures (including Greek) ... could be any less complicated.  Much more than a baby country like the US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 11, 2019, 02:25:04 PM
It's too bad Trump's daddy didn't pull out, before it was too late.

And JFK's, LBJ's, Nixon's etc.  The US is a warmonger nation.  We just can't profit anymore from murdering our own natives.  Been true for 120 years now.  Remember the Maine!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 11, 2019, 02:31:39 PM

Nato.  Aren't the Europeans nice?  They are co-conspirators with us on genocide in Ukraine.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 11, 2019, 05:56:31 PM
We do know the American munitions industry hasn't lacked for work or profits since WWII!  After all we KNEW Saddam had weapons of mass destruction because we built them and gave them to him!  Without US made arms and munitions most of the world's armed conflicts would have to grind to a halt--what a shame that would be.

T72s from Soviet Union in Iraq, our fault too ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

So US forces were very nearly shelled today by our "ally", but that's cool because they were trying to shell Kurds and our guys just happened to get in the way.  Oopsie.

Also, Turkish shelling hit a prison housing Daesh fanatics and some of them may have escaped.  That's something Secular Talk brought up as a possibility - when Kurdish positions come under fire from Turkish forces, the guards are 9 times out of 10 gonna run for their lives, like any sane person would.  What happens to the prisoners?  Best case scenario: they stay under lock and key, with or without guards.  Worst case, there's now a hole in the wall to freedom, courtesy of the Turkish military.  Would you roll those dice?  Cause I sure as hell wouldn't.