United States Greenlights Kurdish Genocide

Started by Shiranu, October 07, 2019, 01:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Breaking story, so will update as needed.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/07/trump-turkey-syria-invasion-037052

American forces are to pull out of Northern Syria and have given the go-ahead to Erdogan for a Turkish invasion of the region. This follows years of cooperation with Kurdish forces who fought against ISIS with us and who were on the front-line, who suffered the brunt of the casualties, and whom we guaranteed protection and support.

They are considered enemies of the state by Erdogan's regime, and we just gave him permission to send his military into a Kurdish region of roughly 1.6 to 2.5 million ethnic Kurds.

Best case scenario, we just gave the thumbs up to ethnic cleansing and, by some freak turn of events, no one acts on it. Worst case scenario, we just gave a dictator the go-ahead to murder our allies once we were done with them.

America better hope every last Kurd is killed, because I don't think this is something they will ever forgive us for.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

This was surprising. But the US forces are not pulling out from the region, from the immediate area. It's horrible for the civilians in the area needless to say. The thing is ordinary people like you and me are worried about civilian lives. This is something beyond a dictator unleashed in a land.

What allies, Shiranu? The Us forces are not there to protect civilians from ethnic cleansing or stop any conflict or war. They are there to control the region to US's benefit, to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds. Who weaponised ISIL? Who weaponises PKK? PKK and YPG is connected in every level. Who keeps weaponising terrorist organisations in the Middle East? These are international terrorist organisations. And bombs go off over here to kill civilians, not in the US.

Before 11/9 or Erdogan's government, Turkey had several operations in Iraq through 90s. Same thing. There wasn't a dictator in Turkey then.   

Of course civilians will be affected horribly, but an 'ethnic cleansing' is a far fetched scenario. They can't afford something like that in any way. Firstly, it can't go very long. They need to be brief and effective from a real military operation front to have more support. They will be under scrutiny in an international area, and if they can't handle this professionally and attack civilians, it won't work for them.

But it is highly likely that YPG forces will hide in civilian homes and territory, kidnap civilians and their children force them to fight for them. Exactly, like PKK has been doing in the Southeastern Anatolia for decades.

So what do you want me to say? When civilians are killed in ISIL bombings, 'die terrorists, die', when they are killed in PKK bombings 'oh these ones are freedom fighters' is that it? What fucking bullshit.

Can you imagine a group of minority killing people trying to found an independent state in your country weaponised by everyone whoever has a horse in the race in the region?

And despite all that decades of war, millions of Turkish citizens have voted for the Kurdish Party to carry them into the parliament, to do something against Erdogan's one man gov, lessen its power and so the biggest minority can have a voice and place while PKK were bombing around civilians while millions of Kurdish people support Erdogan.

Threaten the border integrity of a country in the most fundamental way possible, a border that has been won with an independece war againt an empire  no less. Create a terrorist organisation weaponise it in 80s (PKK), spread that policy internationally, feed both sides for decades, tens of thousands of people die and keep dying, meanwhile human organisations screams their head off that the situation in Syria starting with drought will be a world scale disaster while world has no idea where this country called Syria (90s), weaponise all over the place, support a conservative party in Turkey to push a Turkish Islamic State against social democrats (AKP, Erdogan along with Fetullah Gülen) because a social democratic government won't do in a Middle Eastern country, what good it is if there is no conflict? Then launch two invasions against islamic terrorism (biggest joke), radical groups multiply like a super virus colonies, 3 million people die, tens of millions move from one post to other THEN support a so called Leftist Democratic Union against a terrorist organisation that popped up like a mushroom as 'allies' AND then drop it 'OK, I am done with this'.

And you think this is a decision made by Trump administration alone? You believe that the US did something against its benefit and profit? We really do live in different worlds. So do you and the politicians in the US.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Draconic Aiur

The USA still has the "infinite wars" in the Middle East to obtain natural resources and propaganda. It's nothing new and that's sad, but why do you think they pull out for anything Shranu? For more profit.

Hydra009

They really stuck their necks out in the fight against Daesh fanatics.  They should've been rewarded with some land to call their own, not like this.  At best, it's contemptible double-dealing with a key ally.  Definitely something prospective allies will keep in mind.

drunkenshoe

Somebody posted this tweet. I first thought it was an old one but then...Europe and others? Does anyone have any idea about his great and unmatched wisdom's allies or his enemies?

QuoteAs I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Why do you think they didn't expect this to happen and trusted US policies in the first place? Why do you think they are US allies in the first place? Why do you think anyone supporting them actually want them to have their own land? Or what do you think is going to change in the region if they have their own land? How are they going to hold on to that land and found an independent state without constant US presence which would require a much bigger force? 

There will be another ISIL created somewhere in the area when it is needed and another indigenous group will fight against it. And US will support that too. So they will be rewarded with that land too? US will stay and protect their presence too?

Rewarded by whom on what authority, by the way? By force and showing a big stick -considering noone speaks softly anymore? Don't you think if this was that easy and profitable it would be done before?

This is not designed to have an end game like marvel or some pc games, guys. There is not some big boss in the end. This is about keeping a region under constant fire.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 07, 2019, 11:59:03 AM
They really stuck their necks out in the fight against Daesh fanatics.  They should've been rewarded with some land to call their own, not like this.  At best, it's contemptible double-dealing with a key ally.  Definitely something prospective allies will keep in mind.

Check out 1919, Versailles.  Wilson wanted a Kurdish homeland.  The US has been disappointing them for 100 years exactly.  The Kurds trust the US?  They aren't babies.  They are a 2000 year old tribal invasion of Aramaic territory.  Cutthroats, all of them.  Check out the Aramaic genocides prior to 1900.  Shiranu would rationalize this as genius, if it were done by President Hillary (the butcher).

Rumsfeld helped Saddam develop better chemical weapons in the 1980s.  Used against Iran and the Kurds (who are Persian also).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Some nation 'promising' to 'reward' something to this nation or that...lol it is...what do you even call that? That is the beginning of every bloodshed around here in the Middle East. Playing god and people's belief in policies sold with it. Well, there is no god.

When these Kurdish organisations managed to build an independent state(s) - they are aiming for more than one - they will continue to bomb around beyond their borders. This won't end like the IRA story.   

It's not about who is cutthroat or not. Everybody is. The problem is very complicated and intricate. From what is actually happening in reality to thinking in parallel with any government policies, believing people in one culture act different than others. That's people. People and politics are very two different worlds.

The conflict with Kurds is something far beyond a dictator attacking somewhere because he feels like it. If someone else was sitting there, it would be the same.

John Oliver expressed something so bluntly once, I was very surprised. He said something like 'if you roll back time, you would see an English officer at the start of every conflict we have today in the world.' Well, when one empire loses that power, that place, another one fills it. That's how power works. And the resident culture is already primitive.   

Oh ffs, I don't even have the energy to write about this. Everything is so upsetting and depressing.

Baruch

Question, were Kurds part of asymmetrical warfare of Iran against Turkey going back 500 or more years?  Ghazis?  Particularly after Persia went Shia?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 10, 2019, 10:59:46 AM
I have no idea. Why?

You are just a German academic who happens to have Turkish as your first language?  Right?  Don't even know Turkish history?  That is an American trait ;-)

I am a dollar short and a day late.  Did you even catch that President Trump threatened to make war against your country if you are "too rough with the Kurds or Syrian refugees?  Get out while you still can?  Will there eventually be "shock and awe" against this new ally of Russia?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Well, apparently "the Kurds didn't help us at Normandy."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 10, 2019, 06:26:28 PM
Well, apparently "the Kurds didn't help us at Normandy."

The French contribution to WW II was exaggurated to make General DeGaulle look good.

Sorry, I don't believe that you know anything about Kurdish history.  Even drunkenshoe apparently doesn't.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 10, 2019, 06:26:28 PMWell, apparently "the Kurds didn't help us at Normandy."
For a country that didn't get involved until 1941, our POTUS probably shouldn't be casting those sorts of accusations.  Glass houses and all that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 10, 2019, 07:44:09 PM
For a country that didn't get involved until 1941, our POTUS probably shouldn't be casting those sorts of accusations.  Glass houses and all that.

Speaking as an American .. I despise the French.  I wasn't even alive in 1941.  And I wouldn't be POTUS of a bunch of monkeys.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.