United States Greenlights Kurdish Genocide

Started by Shiranu, October 07, 2019, 01:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Baruch, you are talking out of your ass again.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 17, 2019, 12:21:42 PM

My ass is very smart, the smartest ass.  In fact my donkey is smart too.

I just want you to be safe.  You will have to flee, if Erdogan gets his way.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Sylar on October 17, 2019, 12:12:28 PM
Thank you for clearing it up. This shows how important it is to fact check everything spread on social media. I received it in my inbox yesterday, but I don't like to spread somthing I do not understand, even with supposed subtitles.

A topic for another thread: how to shield elderly people -- especially those with lack of computer and internet skills -- from such propaganda?

You are welcome. It seems that videos and news feeds like this can be found everywhere, from every side. Hydra posted another one from Turkish side. But I don't see how it is possible to protect anyone from that.

People who jumped on that video to like in this forum are young people. Their computer and internet skills are above average, they know how social media works and they are supposedly from the free thinking slice of their country. Even without any knowledge of the language, they would know to check the date of the vid, the followers...etc. Or ask me about it, as you did. They should know my answer would be correct and objective. Because I will be a member of this forum for a decade next year and I have never posted any kind of propaganda, let alone fake videos to build some impression for what I personally defend or believe which we do get around here often.

So I don't think it is possible, esp. in a climate like this where people want to channel their frustration with their administration/current situation...etc into any possible target. It's a war, a lot of horrible things bound to happen, so don't get me wrong, I have no delusions. But this could have been about anything, I am not just talking about the current situation. It's just Turks make perfect villains, where certain terrorist organisations make perfect pawns victims when defined as 'Kurds'.  I am sure you have heard the phrase 'mammia il turchi'? Well, personally I have been exhuasted just in a several days and scared for my own, my life in every level. Seriously, noone can fight with this. It can't be done. 

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on October 17, 2019, 12:43:24 PM
My ass is very smart, the smartest ass.  In fact my donkey is smart too.

I just want you to be safe.  You will have to flee, if Erdogan gets his way.

Oh wow, seriously? It must be so easy to sit on that ass and tell someone to run away from their country when you had how many foriegn threats/attacks on your land again in the last couple of hundred years? 2 or 3?

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 17, 2019, 12:21:42 PM
What do you mean?  "again"??  Still!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 17, 2019, 09:24:44 AM
LOL, somebody over here wrote that Trump's recent letter is the proof that we actually exist in a simulation and they are making fun of us testing it in happy hours in the office while drinking.

Yeah, I think it's Salvador Dali and some of his buddies.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Sylar on October 17, 2019, 12:12:28 PM
A topic for another thread: how to shield elderly people -- especially those with lack of computer and internet skills -- from such propaganda?

"They" know just how to target specific people and groups with just the right propaganda to dupe them into acting against their best interests. I don't know how to keep them from doing it. I doubt there is a way, short of draconian measures like shutting down the internet, or at least regulating it more tightly, like China does.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

drunkenshoe

Apparently, US and Turkey have arrived to an agreement and the Turkish military operation in Syria is suspended. Waiting for reliable sources. Current source, I don't know it's reliable or not, I have never seen it before. https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/us-and-turkey-reach-agreement-temporarily-suspend-military-operation-syria

"Millions of lives saved." *Shakes head. FFS.

One wonders what did they agree upon before and what changed now? Another love letter? But they say ErdoÄŸan threw the last one in the bin. Aw. LOL

E: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50091305

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/10/turkey-military-operation-syria-latest-updates-191017051518215.html

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 17, 2019, 12:58:56 PM
Oh wow, seriously? It must be so easy to sit on that ass and tell someone to run away from their country when you had how many foriegn threats/attacks on your land again in the last couple of hundred years? 2 or 3?

Are you barred from an ... emergency vacation in Europe?  Supposedly the cease fire for 120 hours .. is enough to get the worst Kurds out of the way, and if successful, then a "permanent" cease fire will occur.  Also notice Erdogan had to accept Pence as emissary.  Fits my theory that Cheney was the real president, Biden was the real president and Pence is the real president.  George W, Barak and Donald are just .. bullet catchers just in case.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 17, 2019, 01:38:43 PM
Yeah, I think it's Salvador Dali and some of his buddies.

Damn that Catalonian independence movement!  Where is General Franco when you need him!

I am still jealous of Dali's mustache.

http://www.totallyspaintravel.com/2013/04/26/the-salvador-dali-guide-to-catalonia-2013/

Catalonia back on the menu.  Catalexit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBxGpWmAFds
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 17, 2019, 01:46:20 PM
Is he an anal ventriloquist?

I can make your arm pits talk too, we Jewish Gestapo have our ways!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 17, 2019, 01:43:58 PM
"They" know just how to target specific people and groups with just the right propaganda to dupe them into acting against their best interests. I don't know how to keep them from doing it. I doubt there is a way, short of draconian measures like shutting down the internet, or at least regulating it more tightly, like China does.

Is that you, Dr Fu Manchu?  I am sure you would only allow authorized DNC to post on the Internet, like the good free speech advocate you Dems are.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on October 17, 2019, 07:52:40 PM
Are you barred from an ... emergency vacation in Europe?  Supposedly the cease fire for 120 hours .. is enough to get the worst Kurds out of the way, and if successful, then a "permanent" cease fire will occur.

What is an emergency vacation? I don't hold any kind of visa for anywhere in Europe right now. Europe and US visiting visas are different. I explained it before, remember?

Well, I hope it will be successful and end of course. 

QuoteAlso notice Erdogan had to accept Pence as emissary.  Fits my theory that Cheney was the real president, Biden was the real president and Pence is the real president.  George W, Barak and Donald are just .. bullet catchers just in case.

What is he saying?