Previous topic - Next topic

ferdmonger

But, but but...

Biden!

Brown people!

Borders!

Benghazi!

Hydra009

Look, I'm not trying to defend Trump or anything BUT...

the media is a bunch of liars

scientists know less about science than a guy with a truck as his Facebook profile

the Clintons are totes killers

Marvel movies are trying to indoctrinate kids to be ultralefties

Pizzagate is totally real, but the Epstein thing was ginned up

Bernie is old and aging (are you sure you want a super old guy to be prez? Clinton, Biden, and Trump are fine for some reason, though)

have you seen the Dilbert guy's latest comic, that guy is based amirite?  Ben Garrison, too

White supremacy doesn't exist cause I've never met a single white supremacist

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Sal1981

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

I know the usual, but didn't know there was something like this about the Marvel movies too.

They are trying to shut down Netflix Turkey here... for normalising lgbt+ and indoctrinating children with lgbt+.

Why can't they all live in one place happily ever after and leave the rest of the world alone?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

The irony is superhero themes are traditionally right wing, actually religious themes. They are about entities with superpowers, superiority of characters or a side over people and any other thing in the world. Everything else is expendable, but the superheroes. It's about gaining the power, not annihilating the system based on distribution of power. They are not telling the stories of people working together to save themselves or unite against the system. People look up to god like saviours to save them. Without them they are vulnerable as children.

The nature of hero worship is right and religious, lol. The oldest, most primitive theme. It's literally the oldest fairy tale. But if one is gay or transgender, oooo then the world is going out of hand.

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 07, 2019, 09:30:02 AMWhy can't they all live in one place happily ever after and leave the rest of the world alone?
I know, right?  At this point, a ticket to Mars sounds lovely.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 07, 2019, 11:49:06 AM
I know, right?  At this point, a ticket to Mars sounds lovely.

They will be among the first ones to go there after there a community is founded. Trust me. I am sure an 'untouched' planet is enough to arouse them to fly there foaming at the mouth by themselves.

Unbeliever

Why can't we all just get a long...stick to beat each other with?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

ferdmonger

I brought this up because of 'whataboutism'.

It's disgusting.

I was in court years ago as a witness is in entirely unrelated matter, when the judge asked - before sentencing - if the defendant on a DUI would like to address the court.

"Yeah your honor.  I'd like to say my neighbor drinks and drives all the time but nobody seems to care about..."

"Sit down right now.  I'll not listen to this in my courtroom.  Your neighbor is not on trial here... you are."

It just so reminds me of Trump using 'the other guy' as the real culprit. 

It's sick and needs to stop. 

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: ferdmonger on October 08, 2019, 02:49:51 AM
I brought this up because of 'whataboutism'.

It's disgusting.

I was in court years ago as a witness is in entirely unrelated matter, when the judge asked - before sentencing - if the defendant on a DUI would like to address the court.

"Yeah your honor.  I'd like to say my neighbor drinks and drives all the time but nobody seems to care about..."

"Sit down right now.  I'll not listen to this in my courtroom.  Your neighbor is not on trial here... you are."

It just so reminds me of Trump using 'the other guy' as the real culprit. 

It's sick and needs to stop.

Sure, when Trump partakes in whataboutism it's bad.

But, But! But!

When  Burnie does it, he's heralded as a hero!
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 07, 2019, 05:30:08 AM
Wut?

Marvel Heroes … Captain Marvel should be at home making breakfast for hubby and kids, using super mommy powers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.