News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Civil War????

Started by Mike Cl, September 30, 2019, 11:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 05, 2019, 01:21:36 PM
If the right-wing militias could properly organize, with social media, they might try blockading the left-wing cities so they can't get food or other supplies. They could damage the airports enough that cities can't get supplies in by air, either. I don't know what might happen if they tried that. But all the left-wing cities are surrounded by right-wing rural populations, which are primarily Trump fans. So we could be looking at a war of siege mentality.

I find it interesting that the first civil war is called "the war of Northern aggression" when it was the Confederates who fired the first shot, at Ft. Sumpter.

Don't worry, soon only Black Hispanic surnamed gay trannies will be allowed to use Facebook ;-)

Sorry, takes two to tango.  Both sides had issues, in every war.  GB declared war on Germany, both times.  GB isn't innocent.  Neither is Lincoln.  But Lincoln was the most fair aggressor we have seen (both inaugural speeches).  People here are closer to Radical Republicans, who were far more violent than Lincoln.  Think John Brown's holy crusade.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

This is not about the possibility of militias being successful. Is there anyone - with two brain cells to rub together- who thinks they can? They, themselves know that very well. They talk that way, because first it's free and then because if you don't play the part, any cosplay sucks. Nobody is that stupid.

The big civilian problem is the first social media generations who are not so young anymore and are in certain positions everywhere around the world. Are you aware that these generations all resemble each other more than any other previous generations, doesn't matter what culture or country they are born and live in? Generations who grew up without social media madness are far more different from each other. Different from each other as individuals in the same culture and generation, and different as generation groups in different cultures.

But social media generations are not. They are relatively the same characters. Most of them know the world form social media. Their failures, victimhoods, successes, dreams, fears, beliefs, goals; personalities are made of out from the ideas, propagandas pitched to them in youtube, reddit, 4chan... they are things they 'bought'. Things that are manifactured. Even their nihilism is not something they earned by life experience, it is a series of copy pasted products with different colours and shapes designed for various target masses.

They are incredibly visual. They percieve life as series of pictures to go through. Most of them will never even reach near the middle class. They are lonely and prone to join in groups just to feel to belong something. They are aimless. Their historical perspective is based on fiction in extremes. They have started to go through the kind of depressions and anger at high school age that previous generations reached over 30 in bad life situations. They are everywhere.

Old generations knew that something 'watched' or 'said' and something done or lived through are very different things in life, even when they were young. Because there was no other way. These adults don't. They didn't grow up with grey areas, but with only black and white. They see life that way, because they think it is survival for them.

This is why every situation involving an armed conflict and their consequences will be far more different and dangerous in this age. So different infact, the previous ones in centuries apart will look closer in retrospect. This is not just about the US. It's about everywhere. We live under the threat of civil war too. The president here have said the same things. There are militias here tied to him closely. But that's not the case in the US. It's different in the US. Even a serious attempt of a possible civil war in the US would have dire consequences on the world in general. 

I'm sure you are aware of mass protests around the world in very different regions with different problems. This right leaning policies of the recent years will face a resistence haven't seen before. Doesn't matter what those thug leaders throw around against glabalism, nothing is gonna turn back people-culture wise. And when you see it that way, one thing is left to think, 'oh then a lot of civilians will die'. Yeah but the thing is, this time a lot of civilians will kill too.

We are living through a transition era. Odds are it won't arrive anywhere peacefully.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

After more than a half century of studying history I can say that the future will not live up or down to our expectations.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Even if Right violence escalated to the 1980s level, that really is small beans.  Much smaller than 9/11.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 06, 2019, 06:35:16 AM
After more than a half century of studying history I can say that the future will not live up or down to our expectations.
From personal observation I can say that is true. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Of course future will feel like nothing has changed, change does not happen suddenly. People get used to everything and forget about everything, what they see as abnormal becomes their normal.   

But the difference between now and 20 years ago is huge. 10 years ago is huge.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Only if that's a big chunk of time for the observer.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 05, 2019, 03:41:50 PM
Those who voted for Trump in 2016 were just dupes. Those who vote for Trump in 2020 will be traitors.
Treason is defined in the Constitution; those who vote for the Orange Disaster Area are not by that definition traitors.

They are,  however, at least one of the following: bigots, racists, right-wing nut jobs, arch-plutocrat economic libertarians, thundering idiots, and/or easily duped.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on October 08, 2019, 08:57:44 AM
Treason is defined in the Constitution; those who vote for the Orange Disaster Area are not by that definition traitors.

They are,  however, at least one of the following: bigots, racists, right-wing nut jobs, arch-plutocrat economic libertarians, thundering idiots, and/or easily duped.
Ah, you've met my cousins.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 06, 2019, 10:39:12 AM
Of course future will feel like nothing has changed, change does not happen suddenly. People get used to everything and forget about everything, what they see as abnormal becomes their normal.   

But the difference between now and 20 years ago is huge. 10 years ago is huge.

I am a lot older than 20 years ago.  Prove me wrong.

Nostalgia is catching up to you, old woman.  Wait until nursing home.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

George Washington was a traitor.  They all were.  They should have hung themselves and saved the British the trouble.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

QuoteTreason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Trump is a domestic enemy of the USA, as far as I can tell. So "adhering" to Trump, or giving him "aid and comfort" by voting for him is, as far as I can tell, treason.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

He has certainly called for things that would violate the Constitution. Time to get Ma Deuce out again.
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

I kind of doubt civil war is in the cards for us. It's very messy to begin with and not a lot of people are going to care one damned bit for the extreme inconvenience it might bring to all of us.
Just imagine the outrage if some group of wannabe militia members tries to disrupt traffic even. Disrupt my phone service? Make buying groceries difficult? That's when the public at large will decide enough is enough. Although it's somewhat perceived that young people and "liberals" won't fight the truth is once our way of life is completely disrupted I think you're going to find out just how many really are willing to take up arms to defend everything they've grown up with.  While many people are dissatisfied with how our government works I still don't think that the masses are going to sit around just waiting to be ruled by some ruthless dictator.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.