News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Civil War????

Started by Mike Cl, September 30, 2019, 11:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on October 01, 2019, 07:31:10 PM
Yup.  We didn't get the ones escaping religious persecution... we got the ones who wanted to practice religious persecution.

Two sides of same coin.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Munch on September 30, 2019, 04:47:00 PM
And you guys looked on the problems in the UK as society breaking down, lol.

What a hypocritical attitude. Who in this forum, talked about a 'society break down in UK' other than pr126 who is extreme right wing? You are right wing too. 'Society break down in the UK' is the right wing bullshit. It's their basic propaganda. This has been going on for decades since the EU. Hence the developments in the last few years. Just before that, media and people posted shocking videos of muslims 'invading' the country, how 1 woman out of 4 will be raped in the next decade which we are entering the last year of... all kinds of hogwash on how the UK societies are under invasion and about the break down...etc.

And yes, breaking a perfectly working order in a 245 thousand km sq island land mass with 65 million people, just because 'old white trash don't like them colours and ethnics; let's keep the cast system referandum' in expense of young generations' wellness and future is a grand failure everyone will make fun of more than seeing it as a 'problem'. Oh but nothing is wrong, right?

Yeah the United States is a shitty country from lot of angles, but you know what, shit is in the open. Not just because it's a huge land mass to store so much shit, because they point out and call the shit, shit when they can, they pinch and palm the shit. Infact in the US, You can see shit sitting, ruling, coming, going, falling, flying and wandering around in person.

Unlike the UK or Eruope in general. Where thousands of different kinds of shit is buried layers by layers down to the core of every bit of culture, while people pretending that enormous shit cycle doesn't exist, living in a cast system, because just by birth they are the god's gifts on earth. If we could generate energy from the bitter, angry entitlement bullshit of the certain white british class, we would provide free electricity for the country for decades.   

So yeah Americans can look down and make fun of the UK, as far as I am concerned, esp. considering after Brexit you will practically be their 51st state, from your health system to what not and who do you think is gonna cover your ass? Oh nobody's talking about this shit up there, right?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Don't you guys think, it's ridiculous to compare a civil war in 19th century with a possible 21st century one?

I was reading a few basic sources on it. Armed militias is a complicated situation in the US. It isn't just a two sided or a 'Constitutional' movement thing, even besides the white supremacists. Yeah it is the name of the traditional movement alright. But it is just ridiculous to think it is tied to any constituional violation to break out.

Also, reading about the general reactions of people to monkey's civil war remarks here and there, it seems people culturally view as if this is a generic old fashioned war between two armed groups? That's insane and probably my impression is wrong.

Doesn't matter who attacks who, the armed forces will do anything to keep order, kill civillians and not tomention under the state of emergency there are lots of things that can be done by an unwanted government. That's how you get real dictatorship instantly. Under a situation like that anything can be done.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

pr126 was unique.  His preference for uncommented videos.  His degree of hysteria.  The peculiarities of the UK vs everywhere else.  Other than being British, Munch has no point of comparison.

Your sociology is Marxist.  Non-Marxists won't approve.  The future of Europe was ... how the EUSR would be a successful version of the USSR.  A gay Black trans version of the USSR.  Both being secular/atheist.  The Russians used to say, only the French could make communism work ... because W Europeans are naturally superior over E Europeans.

Is there a problem with Europe in general and GB in particular, being overly polite overly vulnerable to the downside of political correctness?  I like your analogy, that in Europe the shit is vertical, a ME tell.  The US is young and large ... so the shit is skin deep.

And it is empirically true, that people have irrational fears.  Fears of the EU, fears of the US, fears of Muslims, fears of Africans.

The days of GB could call the shots, died quickly after WW II.  The first 50 years of the 20th century were the suicide of Europe in general, but of the British Empire in particular.  This is perhaps because the Crown was castrated in 1911.  An activist monarch might have stopped the war mongers and bureaucrats from destroying everything.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 05, 2019, 04:28:17 AM
Don't you guys think, it's ridiculous to compare a civil war in 19th century with a possible 21st century one?

I was reading a few basic sources on it. Armed militias is a complicated situation in the US. It isn't just a two sided or a 'Constitutional' movement thing, even besides the white supremacist. Yeah it is the name of the traditional movement alright. But it is just ridiculous to think it is tied to any constituional violation to break out.

Also, reading about the reactions of people to monkey's civil war remarks here and there, it seems people culturally view as if this is a generic old fashioned war between two armed groups? That's insane and probably my impression is wrong.

Doesn't matter who attacks who, the armed forces will do anything to keep order, kill civillians and not tomention under the state of emergency there are lots of things that can be done by an unwanted government. That's how you get real dictatorship instantly. Under a situation like that anything can be done.

The armed militias today aren't a problem.  They were much stronger in the 1960s, and the KKK lost the war.  In 1860 the militias had state sponsorship, were under the authority of state governors.  And yes, an intact military (not true in 1860) will enforce order on anyone.  The military is very bureaucratic that way.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Baruch, fuck Marxism with you on top of it.

pr126 is one of most traditional, ordinary example of the old generation altright winger brits. Nothing is unique about him. He is not the only one I know either. I know Turkish-Brits, Indian-Brits have been living in the UK for half a century exactly like him...They are all the same.

Armed militias in the US is something far more different and complicated than what it was in 1960s. And guess what? We are not living in 1960s.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 05, 2019, 04:59:40 AM
Baruch, fuck Marxism with you on top of it.

pr126 is one of most traditional, ordinary example of the old generation altright winger brits. Nothing is unique about him. He is not the only one I know either. I know Turkish-Brits, Indian-Brits have been living in the UK for half a century exactly like him...They are all the same.

Armed militias in the US is something far more different and complicated than what it was in 1960s. And guess what? We are not living in 1960s.

I was being neutral.  The idea that Europe (W and E) isn't Marxist, is delusional.  Yes, pr126 was an old man.  Someday you will be an old woman.  Make peace ... or you will be the recipient of this agism.  And you know as much about the US military or US society as ... I know of the Turkish equivalent.  But in particular ... I deny progress, that is the secular religion of this day.  But it is as delusional as trans-substantiation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

It's not about the age per se, it is the certain group in that generation. I find hypocritical and disgustingly selfish that being immigrants, they've founded their lives on opportunities provided by THAT system, thrived by it and now they shit on that system work and vote against it. 40 years ago they were really happy about EU. So, the reason? There is no real reason. It's just 'I will have a word against this system, because you think I am old and useless but you will feel my weight.' It's that simple. Nothing else. They are the toxic, fucked up retired man in the building, watching people'S lives and complaining about anything they do, just the heck of it.

With pr126, it is actually worse. He's escaped from Nazi invasion ffs, he was a refugee. And how does he see refugess now running away from war and bloodshed?

I'm from a completely different generation. When I get old, I will be around the same thing, just old. I am not a 23s, I am a 43, how different you think I will be?

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 05, 2019, 04:28:17 AM

I was reading a few basic sources on it. Armed militias is a complicated situation in the US. It isn't just a two sided or a 'Constitutional' movement thing, even besides the white supremacists. Yeah it is the name of the traditional movement alright. But it is just ridiculous to think it is tied to any constituional violation to break out.

Also, reading about the general reactions of people to monkey's civil war remarks here and there, it seems people culturally view as if this is a generic old fashioned war between two armed groups? That's insane and probably my impression is wrong.

It is my impression the right wing/christian/nationalist/white power militias are more sophisticated (and better armed) now than in the past.  They are closer knit because of social media--they can draw on many, many more now than in the past.  The US armed forces are not a ubiquitous force in the way the members view our society.  There are some who fall into the alt. right wing.  Where does their true loyalty fall?  To the country or to their ideology?   If you want to get a flavor of the beliefs of many of these groups (and their strength) watch the current Jimmy Bakker show--he pushes all kinds of end-of-the-world supplies and apparently they sell well enough for him to keep producing more of it.  He also is a trump pusher--and his show is not unique.  A new civil war (or anything like it) will not mirror The Civil War (southerners are still bent out of shape over it and call it the War of Yankee Agression); it will not be state vs state nor even region vs region.  This most likely would be groups within each state vs other groups in the same state; it will be much more of a blur and very messy.  I hope to hell my thoughts on this subject are just wrong as hell and I am just a crazy old man making shit up.  I really, really hope so.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 05, 2019, 09:45:41 AM
... A new civil war (or anything like it) will not mirror The Civil War (southerners are still bent out of shape over it and call it the War of Yankee Agression); it will not be state vs state nor even region vs region.  This most likely would be groups within each state vs other groups in the same state; it will be much more of a blur and very messy.  I hope to hell my thoughts on this subject are just wrong as hell and I am just a crazy old man making shit up.  I really, really hope so.

It's not just about militias, people would go out, attack and kill around unarmed people. attack certain instutions, organisations...they see as 'the enemy'. There would be riots and every kind of atrocities everywhere out of the heat zones. That's why armed forces would be so harsh in the first place. It's civilians targeting civilians, there is no other way for a civil war to happen.

People seem to think it will be like two 'armies' meeting in a spot and having some 'fight' with some rules, you know different unforms and all, starting with a whistle?

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 05, 2019, 05:51:50 AM
It's not about the age per se, it is the certain group in that generation. I find hypocritical and disgustingly selfish that being immigrants, they've founded their lives on opportunities provided by THAT system, thrived by it and now they shit on that system work and vote against it. 40 years ago they were really happy about EU. So, the reason? There is no real reason. It's just 'I will have a word against this system, because you think I am old and useless but you will feel my weight.' It's that simple. Nothing else. They are the toxic, fucked up retired man in the building, watching people'S lives and complaining about anything they do, just the heck of it.

With pr126, it is actually worse. He's escaped from Nazi invasion ffs, he was a refugee. And how does he see refugess now running away from war and bloodshed?

I'm from a completely different generation. When I get old, I will be around the same thing, just old. I am not a 23s, I am a 43, how different you think I will be?

OK, then let Turkey take in a billion Chinese ;-)  Have open borders.  If you don't you are raaacissst. (sarc).

You aren't American.  No reason to love us or what we "ideally" stand for.  You do love the modern German Left.  Which is fine.  Yes, Turkey has a problem with refugees.  That was easy to fix ... abandon Nato, join the new Putin Pack, and keep your nose out of Syria.  But I suspect Erdogan is playing all sides.

I am somewhat different at 63 than at 43.  Much different than at 23.  At 23 I still had hope.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 05, 2019, 09:45:41 AM
It is my impression the right wing/christian/nationalist/white power militias are more sophisticated (and better armed) now than in the past.  They are closer knit because of social media--they can draw on many, many more now than in the past.  The US armed forces are not a ubiquitous force in the way the members view our society.  There are some who fall into the alt. right wing.  Where does their true loyalty fall?  To the country or to their ideology?   If you want to get a flavor of the beliefs of many of these groups (and their strength) watch the current Jimmy Bakker show--he pushes all kinds of end-of-the-world supplies and apparently they sell well enough for him to keep producing more of it.  He also is a trump pusher--and his show is not unique.  A new civil war (or anything like it) will not mirror The Civil War (southerners are still bent out of shape over it and call it the War of Yankee Agression); it will not be state vs state nor even region vs region.  This most likely would be groups within each state vs other groups in the same state; it will be much more of a blur and very messy.  I hope to hell my thoughts on this subject are just wrong as hell and I am just a crazy old man making shit up.  I really, really hope so.

OMG .. the hillbillies have cell phones.  Smart-phone-mageddon!  Sorry, I know you have Confederates under your bed.  You lived down there, I didn't.  I certainly wouldn't go all publicly liberal/gay if I lived down there either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 05, 2019, 10:28:30 AM
Just propaganda.

Will raise a trillion campaign dollars for 2020.  Huzzah!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Turkey already has an open border policy. A bad, unhealthy one, but open nonetheless.

Yes, I like Germany's policies, they can slap down and administer 4 million Turks, a population with a polar opposite culture to theirs that makes up is 5% their own. They don't whine, they deal with it. Respect.