News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Civil War????

Started by Mike Cl, September 30, 2019, 11:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

"President Donald Trump on Sunday ominously raised the possibility of violence if he is removed from office, quoting an evangelical pastor who warned on Fox News of a “Civil War-like” fracture."

That is a fun headline.  Should we now start stockpiling for the shooting war trump wants--or is warning us about?  Okay, let's be real.  Can't happen here, can it?!  Of course it can't.  That is bizarre beyond bizarreness.  Right!?

And of course, trump will never be elected in the first place--right????!  Right.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sal1981

Emperor Trump, more like.

Unbeliever

I've been expecting Trump's fan club to not take it (impeachment proceedings) lying down. It only takes a very small percentage of his hundred-million-plus idol worshippers to believe violence is the solution to create a really bad situation in this country. I hope it is only a tiny percentage, but only one percent would still be around a million people. And they all have access to (or already own) military-style weapons.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Draconic Aiur

Its amazingly horrifying how stupid people can be

Unbeliever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMRXTGgrksY

$50,000 for the identity of "the whistle-blower" - is anyone surprised?
God Not Found

Baruch

“the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it’s natural manure.” - Thomas Jefferson

So who are the tyrants?  Democrats?  Republicans?  There can't be a US Civil War unless the Democrats start it ;-)  They have always been the party of rebellion, back to Thomas Jefferson and Jefferson Davis.  Even if there had never been any slaves.

So yes, I happily await the Democrats declaring war on the Washington DC.  Second time's a charm.

If there had been a civil war against JFK stealing the 1960 election (with the assistance of LBJ) ... and the Democrats lost ... there would have been no one million Vietnamese dead.  Since it was the Americans who were the aggressors, it should have been one million Americans dead.

Real Democrats are pacifists, afraid of a spork.  No danger to anyone but themselves.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 30, 2019, 02:15:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMRXTGgrksY

$50,000 for the identity of "the whistle-blower" - is anyone surprised?

Republicans know the identity of the Democrat members of Congress.  Do they need anything more?

The disgruntled CIA agent, was most likely a neo-con Republican ... not a Democrat at all.  This came out after Bolton was fired.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Oh oh ... (guy from Car 54 Where Are You) ... how about the Democrat assault on DC be a combination of Stonewall and the 1968 Dem Chicago convention?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

I invite attention to the last civil war in the US.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Well, so much for "domestic tranquility."
God Not Found

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 30, 2019, 03:06:59 PM
Yeah, the last time a largely rural population waged war on its more urban counterpart, it didn't go so well for them.  And that was with the benefit of prisoners with jobs.

Munch

And you guys looked on the problems in the UK as society breaking down, lol.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 30, 2019, 03:28:47 PM
Yeah, the last time a largely rural population waged war on its more urban counterpart, it didn't go so well for them.  And that was with the benefit of prisoners with jobs.
At least you didn't say "mainframe."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 30, 2019, 03:06:59 PM

Republican = liberal for their time
Democrat = spawn of goober peas

New civil war?  Not with muskets.  With nukes.

Yes, the Southerners are just dirt farmers.  But now your Yankee factories are in .. China.  Gonna threaten the South with nasty tweets thru your smartphones?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 30, 2019, 03:13:34 PM
Well, so much for "domestic tranquility."

Takes two to tango.  I oppose war and violence.  But per Bible, "live by sword, die by sword" I would suggest that the US population will get what it deserves, if it insists on it.  I am sure the urban Democrats will raise many regiments of Black troops aka Crips and Bloods.  And Hispanics too ... MS13.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.