News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Civil War????

Started by Mike Cl, September 30, 2019, 11:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Well, the short answer to the quesdtion of 'what about Clinton or Obama' is that nobody wanted to call them 'King' or 'God', I guess. Is that enough?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 11, 2019, 03:15:09 AM
Well, the short answer to the quesdtion of 'what about Clinton or Obama' is that nobody wanted to call them 'King' or 'God', I guess. Is that enough?

The US is based on false messiahs.  Washington god, Lincoln god, FDR god … you have no idea that the US is totally evil.  Most fraudulent, most materialist, most violent society ever.

I favor kings (for GB) and military dictators otherwise.  Death to republics, death to democracies.  Prove me wrong.  The Amish will be the only survivors … thank G-d.  And Hasids and Natives.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 11, 2019, 02:39:15 AM
"What about Clinton" and "what about Obama" are all he has to offer. I just skip over his posts when politics are involved.

Arrest all politicians.  Death camps for their supporters (voters).  Reeducation Uigher style.  Buy more Chinese shit.  Is that a good summary of how the US is totally evil.  Also, feminists kill more of their own children.  Pre and post birth.

Voted for Obama twice.  So disappointed he didn't kill all the White people.  Obama could have at least harvest their organs, like China does with Falung Gong.  Buy anything Chinese, and you support oppression of Uighers, Tibet and HK.  Burn in hell bourgeoisie.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

We are talking about caling the president in office 'King' or God' in the 21st century. Not people who have been dead for more than a hundred years. When did Roosevelt die? 40s? It's nowhere near idolising a dead historical character. These people rerally do believe in this and they are in charge, it is not some crazy fandomship to laugh about. Same thing goes about the president over here. There is a name for it. It's not just them but also their followers believe they are above the laws, everything. It is not something else when it happens in the US. It's the same thing everywhere.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

trdsf

"What about Clinton" and "what about Obama" are all he has to offer. I just skip over his posts when politics are involved.
Funny thing about whataboutism -- if you're saying it's okay because someone else did it, then you're just saying it's okay and have no business bitching about someone else doing it.  And if you're saying it was wrong when they did it, you have a responsibility to be against it when it's happening now.  And when you just stop at "what about..." as if that excuses anything, then you're nothing but a hypocrite.

So what about Clinton?  Well, they did impeach him--on charges so piss-poor they couldn't even manage a majority in the GOP-controlled Senate, much less anything remotely approaching conviction.  And what about Obama?  An even more hostile Congress than Clinton faced never even seriously offered an impeachment inquiry, much less an indictment in the House.

The only 'what about' I'm interested in is what are we going to do about the crook infesting our White House right now.  "But what about xxx?!?!?" is nothing more than a desperate flailing "HEY LOOK OVER THERE", and we're not going to fall for it.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Yeah, must maintain sanity...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 11, 2019, 04:41:48 AM
We are talking about caling the president in office 'King' or God' in the 21st century. Not people who have been dead for more than a hundred years. When did Roosevelt die? 40s? It's nowhere near idolising a dead historical character. These people rerally do believe in this and they are in charge, it is not some crazy fandomship to laugh about. Same thing goes about the president over here. There is a name for it. It's not just them but also their followers believe they are above the laws, everything. It is not something else when it happens in the US. It's the same thing everywhere.

There are no monarchists in the US, except me, and only on behalf of the UK ;-)  The Dems coronated Hillary ... but I will admit that I never liked the Clinton family circus (Hillary isn't queen yet), Bush family circus, the Gore family circus (also rans), the Kennedy family circus (cut short by assassination of Bobby).  So far we are spared President Chelsea.

Trump will step down in 2021 or 2025.  The question will be, will Hillary have to save the 2020 Dem convention using super-delegates pledged in perpetuity to "Her Highness"?  The other question will be, will there be any Dem leaders outside of Guantanamo running in 2024?  I am happy with 8 years of President Pence after that ... just to see the water supply restored thru Liberal tears.

All Americans are above all laws.  We are Exceptional.  Test that at your peril, under-menschen.

George Washington did it, so all Dems but no Repubs get to do the same, in perpetuity.  That is to say ... treason.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Admiral McRaven who I otherwise admire said ... and another 4 star general concurred on another recent occasion ...

“If President Trump doesn’t demonstrate the leadership that America needs, then it is time for a new person in the Oval Office” - Admiral William McRaven in NYT

So as per my wishes, we are moving toward military dictatorship.  I don't see Admiral McRaven supporting Nancy Pelosi.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Nor do you see him supporting a military dictatorship. Except in your fevered imagination, of course.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 23, 2019, 08:56:06 AM
Nor do you see him supporting a military dictatorship. Except in your fevered imagination, of course.

The cultural divide of the volunteer professional military grows every year from the rest of the population.  Particularly as sons replace fathers in the same profession.  A kshatriyas caste.  This isn't the draft military of the 60s anymore.  A much better force, but there are consequences.

Civilians shouldn't be able to vote.  As per Starship Troopers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Crap. Another topic you have no hesitation about expounding on without any knowledge of the matter.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 23, 2019, 12:55:51 PM
Crap. Another topic you have no hesitation about expounding on without any knowledge of the matter.

I worked with the military for 32 years.  I worked closely with people in uniform, every work day, for 22 years (with current force).  How relevant is your Vietnam experience?  50 years ago?

Whether civilians should vote .. is an opinion.  You can have a different opinion.  But my political experience says ...

And of course, if the military is Left, then ending civilian rule, won't end the Left.  But like in Chile, it did set it back a bit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

I worked for the five sided puzzle box up to three years ago. I do appreciate the input of a part-timer, of course.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 23, 2019, 04:33:22 PM
I worked for the five sided puzzle box up to three years ago. I do appreciate the input of a part-timer, of course.

OK, forgot that.  I was on-call 24x7 for 22 years.  Then civil war then.  I would prefer military order over chaos of post apocalypse drug gangs.  A nation of men just like the new lead in Joker.  The women all like Harley Quinn.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

The other civil war ... Cavaliers vs Roundheads ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKej2FYrKSA
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.