Christianity News: US church leaders charged with using homeless for 'forced Lab

Started by Unbeliever, September 15, 2019, 05:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

QuoteThe Corporation of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has filed a motion to dismiss a class action lawsuit that claims the LDS religion is a “scheme of lies.” Plaintiff Laura A. Gaddy says the LDS church influenced through misrepresentation and concealment to engineer an attraction to faith in the core beliefs of Mormonism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v9XVZt3jN4
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Well, they might as make all thought and all expression a crime.  All human expression is insincere.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Both theists and atheists don't know what they are talking about.  Do you look up every word you use, in the OED, every time you use it?  Didn't think so.  Even intellectuals are lazy, are winging it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

We have the same saying word for word. It's used for a lot of things over here. It's most often used in fairy tales. Like 'after a wedding that went for 40 days and nights, they lived happily ever after'. I was thinking it is probably a farsi or an arabic phrase, but apparently it is Shaman which means it is way too ancient. The '40 something' is all over the place in the Middle East and Asia.

40 warriors, 40 maidens, 40 haramis (Ali Baba and 40 haramis), Moses got his orders in 40 days, 40 days of fasting in Christianity...
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

EmpJohnIV

My town put up a secular homeless shelter last summer, some of my buddies were movers and shakers to get it started. Recently I was walking down town after dark and got to chat with a middle aged homeless lady, she had mistook a friend I was walking with for being homeless as said "Don't go to the shelter, there are a bunch of [petty control freaks]." Kindly the woman offered us advise on which parks to camp in, and where some stashes of extra bedding were hidden; we thanked her for the tips, but were not in need of such accommodations. Still its is an example of something the homeless deal with all the time.

If the brackets don't give it away, she didn't call the folks running the shelter 'petty control freaks', her exact working was more vivid, but I have followed the mistreatment the folks get living on the street for some time, and petty control freaks sums it up. They run this nice little shelter and are giving out benefits, and expect every person who seeks these benefits to be obedient. Seems like these sort of psychology power trip head games get a lot of people all hot and heavy, especially manager and administrator types; and for people into that rush, the homeless are the best targets, because what can they do about it, except obey or bounce?

I used to be homeless for a few year after college, but I am a real slick talker and most folks didn't treat me as beneath them, even yuppies and the like! But people that cannot talk in the lingo of the correct classes in society, they get treated just terrible.

I never seen forced labor, but homeless people get stole from by corrupt 'benefactors' religious or secular all the time. It ain't hard for me to picture and of a number of shelters I have scoped out falling down that dark path if they had the moxie to try getting away with it.

Baruch

Most homeless people in the US are veterans.  Most homeless are mentally ill or physically ill, are lacking in medical support or are uncooperative with their care givers.  A real flaming sack of shit.  Only autistic boys are worse (they can't speak, can't socialize, act out violently).

Why would any normal person want anything to do with that?  Secular or religious?   Control freaks.  The patients will be uncooperative, and will need ... discipline.  The condition of sadism is a very common desire.  Because people are crazy shits.  Same with providing services to drug abusers or acting as a guard at a prison.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?